TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Cerebus

Rodney Dangerfield passes away

Ugh, those guys who posted in the thread I posted about him not too long ago, about a week or so ago, were right.

http://forums.thesmartmarks.com/index.php?...topic=61303&hl=

This really sucks, he was one of my top favorite comedians. I can listen to his stand up over and over again and never tire of them, and he's also a part of quite a few of my favorite films over the years...Caddyshack, Back to School, and Natural Born Killers.

Heck, I even enjoyed watching Ladybugs. :D

Even though everyone could have seen this coming, it still hits me hard. Dangerfield was a very very funny man, very likable, and he will be greatly missed.

Aw, damn.

I thought he was done over a year ago (ever since he had the first surgery), so I'm glad he made it this long. Entertainment Weekly had a great article on him (and his rampant marijuana use) a few months back.

RIP good sir.

Guest Astro

Check out Rodney.com's Joke of the day for October 5...

"I tell ya I get no respect from anyone. I bought a cemetary plot. The guy said, "There goes the neighborhood!""

Guest JMA

My favorite Rodney Dangerfield movie would have to be Back to School. The guy was hilarious.

RIP.

RIP

I'm going to watch Caddyshack, Easy Money, and Back To School over the next few days in tribute.

RIP

Guest wrestlingbs

I tell ya, I get no respect. When I died, the first thing the grim reaper said to me was, "you're late!"

Here's to Rodney Dangerfield, a repectable man.

RIP

"I tell ya, I get no respect.

When my first movie had its premiere, half of the audience walked out... and we were on an AIRPLANE!"

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent

Ohhhh man

Caddyshack and Back to School are certifiable classics. I knew he was going to die. I had watched him maybe a month or so on Jimmy Kimmel. In fact, I never watched Kimmel and went out of ym way to see it because I knew Dangerfield was NEVER on TV. I gave him respect. Fucking guy deserved it. Watch Caddyshack and recognize the fact he outperformed Chevy Chase and Bill Murray in their drug fueled prime. Simply amazing.

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent

I find it impossible to grieve for Dangerfield as he was a fairly old man. Even had he lived another 10 years, I'd have never seen him on my TV anyway. Its not such a shock, nor a tragedy. I loved his movies though.

I saw this on the CNN bottom line news scroll, and it choked me up for a minute. Dangerfield is one of my favourite comedians, and starred in two of my all-time most enjoyable movies in "Caddyshack" and "Back to School." Rodney will be missed.

Rest in peace.

Ohhhh man

Caddyshack and Back to School are certifiable classics. I knew he was going to die. I had watched him maybe a month or so on Jimmy Kimmel. In fact, I never watched Kimmel and went out of ym way to see it because I knew Dangerfield was NEVER on TV. I gave him respect. Fucking guy deserved it. Watch Caddyshack and recognize the fact he outperformed Chevy Chase and Bill Murray in their drug fueled prime. Simply amazing.

Amen.

You also have to love him and Pesci playing off each other in Easy Money, and Meet Wally Sparks, which I'm a big fan of.

Weird, cause I just said yesterday, "I bet Rodney Dangerfield will be dead within a couple days." It's not a big deal really, can't say you didn't see it coming. He was alright though.