TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
spman

Full Smackdown spoilers

What a way to make the I-C belt into more of a piece of shit than it already is.

Without a doubt, cause CCC as the U.S. champ makes Jericho's belt look terrible.

When I say I-C title, I really mean U.S Title.

Guest DeathBecomesYou
Too bad Colon absolutely sucks in the ring. He's easily the most limited guy on the active roster right now. A full nelson is about as complicated as it gets for him.

True, though it wouldn't be so bad if he was a hoss, but for a guy who isn't much bigger than a cruiserweight, it makes him look pretty bad. Although I guess he can't be any worse than Cena.

Guest Heppyhack
Theodore R. Long announces that next week from Manchester, England, Smackdown's main event will be JBL defending the WWE Title against Hardcore Holly in a hardcore match.

Oh boy, don't we get all the luck. A Hardcore Holly/JBL main event. I can barely contain my excitement.

Guest Dazed
Theodore R. Long announces that next week from Manchester, England, Smackdown's main event will be JBL defending the WWE Title against Hardcore Holly in a hardcore match.

I'm glad I passed on SmackDown! for next week. Tickets were £13 / $23, but no... What a complete joke.

Hopefully Holly getting a title shot is a one time deal. Maybe those two will beat the piss out of each other in there.

Also, remember people, Vince likes to push people before they get fired. Holly's been on the shit list for a while for speaking up about things.

There's a very good chance that CCC winning the belt wasn't an imprompto decision ... all of the radio ads around here for the Smackdown! taping mentioned "the debut of CCC" (with his full name, obviously) which seemed really strange to me. Now that his debut included him winning a belt, it makes a little more sense.

Just one theory, though.

Cena was the most over the entire show. RVD was second in crowd reaction.

RVD gets second on the crowd reaction list but he's stuck in Velocity duty while Crapwhore Holly gets a shot at the pathetic WWE title, and then WWE wonders why are the ratings down the crapper.

I'm not gonna knock Carlito yet. I have yet to see what he can do in the ring. I'm waiting to see that.

Paul London better not get left in the dust... maybe he'll cost Billy Kidman a match leading up to Survivor Series or something...

Guest Fook

What is the WWE's obsession with humiliating and jobbing out people in their hometowns? It never, ever gets the good kind of heat.

Mark My Words: Smackdown Elimination Chamber at Survivor Series. If we're pointlessly pushing Holly to the main event, it seems to be the most convenient option to get the title off of JBL. (Hopefully to Booker or Eddie, not Holly)

What is the WWE's obsession with humiliating and jobbing out people in their hometowns? It never, ever gets the good kind of heat.

In the past, it used to be all about showing the wrestler that WWE had the power, and making them job in their hometown was their way of making sure the wrestlers knew who was boss. That said, that was the practice for house shows, which is bad enough as it is, but to make a hometown guy lose on tv is worse. As you said, it doesn't get good heat, and it makes no sense to kill off local draws. If they wanted to put the US title on CCC, they could have at least kept it on Booker, and used CCC's title win over Booker as a way to engineer his face turn, rather than damage a hometown draw in Cena. I guess the good thing about this, and it is a good thing even if it is a bit of a double edged sword, is that they're pushing a new wrestler the right way, by giving him an immediate big win over an established star. Of course, it would help if the new wrestler was ready for prime time, but that's another story.

Cena was the most over the entire show. RVD was second in crowd reaction.

RVD gets second on the crowd reaction list but he's stuck in Velocity duty while Crapwhore Holly gets a shot at the pathetic WWE title, and then WWE wonders why are the ratings down the crapper.

Agreed, but, Bradshaw Vs Holly in a hardcore match sounds better then Bradshaw Vs RVD.

Guest Heppyhack

I'm glad I passed on SmackDown! for next week. Tickets were £13 / $23, but no... What a complete joke.

Unfortunately, Nik, muggins here didn't. The undercard and Raw better deliver, otherwise it'll be time to hit the stalls as soon as "How do you like me now" blares out of the speakers.

I mainly think that they simply just don't want to job anyone of use out to Bradshaw. Note that aside from Eddie (which was unavoidable) there hasn't been anyone of note jobbed out to Bradshaw. Yeah I know he beat UT as well but that was a silly gimmick match where UT wasn't even pinned.

If someone told you 8 years ago that someday there would be a Bradshaw/Bob Holly feud for the world title, what would you have said?

Guest Phenom
Mike Awesome won the Hardcore title in his first match with WWE.

Really, who hadn't won the belt? Jeez, Molly Holly won it once.

Steve Austin

The Rock

Triple H

Rikishi

Just a few names.

Steve Austin

The Rock

Triple H

Rikishi

Just a few names.

I never won it.

Awesome wasn't even in a match - he just ran in, powerbombed Rhyno through a ladder, pinned him and ran off.

At least, I think it was Rhyno...

At least they're pushing somebody new and pushing him strong. So he may not be the best in the ring...he has to at least be better than Heidenreich, who is also getting a good push. Sure, it's frustrating that there are a zillion guys they could put in these positions and give the push to instead, but the thing with Smackdown right now is that it's not stale...it's fucking weird, yes, but to me it's just a better show than RAW right now. And at least they're TRYING to elevate some new talent. You gotta look at the positives, I guess...

On the ladder, not through. In either case, it was Rhyno.

It was 'through'...although it was nothing spectacular like the ladder just 'shattering completely' or something, it was set up...Rhyno was powerbombed on it..it broke..he fell through. So technically he was powerbombed through it...

I never got to see Carly wrestle but knowing how everyone in PR is a brawler lover it's hard to know what he really holds. As a family guy with a wide range of wrestlers coming in an out of WWC he should be at least passable in the ring.

He has listed Hayabusa and other fliers as his idols, I won't be too surprised if WWE limits his move set to the equality of Spike Dudley's.

Guest jm29195

The only time I've seen him wrestle was in the MLW Wargames card, against Sonjay Dutt and Jerry Lynn, at least I think it was him, and he didn't look to bad, maybe Lynn was carrying him really well?

Guest humphreyboulderdash

Those who dont give carlito a chance just aint cool you know??? B-) B-) B-)

I think we might have a new contender for the title of Worst WWE Title match.