TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mik

SNL last night..

Another thing-

The dress was SO much better it's not even funny. Zing v. Slam, the basketball skit and the Veep debate were so much better in dress

95-96 and 96-97 were two good years right there.

2000-2001 was watershed moment for the show.

99-00 was up and down in terms of quality but had some amazing shows.

The past couple seasons have been pretty good even though they go through some bad stretches.

97-98 was good but overshadowed by Normgate. 98-99 they just milked Clinton and it worked cause Darrell owns

Seth's Kerry impression is so dead on it's scary. He's got the guy down to a science.

Forte's Bush is just getting trampled right now. He's letting Seth outclass him.

My review is getting there.

Well thank god the real Bush never gets outclassed.

Anyway I sure am glad I saw this week's episode. Now I can say I've seen Seth Meyer's penis.

I didn't really like anything after about 92 on the show (87-92) up until Will really came into his own. I fucking hated the "new cast" of the mid-90's as-well-as the McKean years. 99/00 was probably the last period that I really enjoyed the show. This season and the last season I'm like "Who the fuck are these people?".

95-97 were two of the best years on the show. The talent they had on there was amazing.

Maya and Horatio are complete ass and bring down the show a lot but SNL has awesome talent like Seth Meyers and Will Forte who save shows sometimes.

I still can't believe Lorne fucked up so badly on WU.

The last two seasons have started out slowly and taken till February to find their groove.

2000-2001 was the biggest year for the show in a good way since the renassiance of the mid-80s

Maya and Horatio are complete ass and bring down the show a lot but SNL has awesome talent like Seth Meyers and Will Forte who save shows sometimes.

Maya playing every black character does not work, neither does Horatio's laughing, nor does the Meyers & Forte WU songs.

That's the thing, there were too many "names" there. When I first saw Mark McKinney I was immediately turned off. I prefer SNL to create stars rather than import them.

Then that's your problem.

He was the only 'name' from 95-97 besides Spade and he just was there to help the new guys get adjusted and do Spade in America.

Mark McKinney was also completely misused in every way, shape and form.

Seth doesn't sing on WU. He hasn't been on WU in well over 1.5 years.

You're referring to the Forte and Armisen bits which are bizzare, nosensical and usually the funniest parts on WU

bob, Why do you put so much effort into defending a television show? especially one that airs on a Saturday Night??

seriously, give it up...check out a concert or a party or somethin...or please tell me youre just taping this shit.

Because for the most part it is not as bad as people say it is and I get tired of people just ragging on the show for no reason.

And I'm sorry I don't have an active a social life as you do snuffbox.

Most of my friends I hang out with and talk to are b/c of SNL.

You were actually in NYC last Sat though right bob?

There is quite a bit to do in that town...one doesnt really have to be inside the social circle, er whatever.

Meh, to each his own I guess.

I was in NYC...camping out for tickets and seeing the show.

SNL is a big part of my life and I make sure I can watch it every Saturday. I freak when I miss a show (that's happened about twice).

It's helped me in many ways and I'm loyal to the show and to the cast. I don't like to party anyway so I enjoy watching the show and some of the amazing talent they have

bob, Why do you put so much effort into defending a television show? especially one that airs on a Saturday Night??

seriously, give it up...check out a concert or a party or somethin...or please tell me youre just taping this shit.

Dude goes to these things live...if I was in NYC i'd love to go to this every Saturday night so I'm not gonna knock the guy for that...

Because for the most part it is not as bad as people say it is and I get tired of people just ragging on the show for no reason.

And I'm sorry I don't have an active a social life as you do snuffbox.

Most of my friends I hang out with and talk to are b/c of SNL.

People rag on the show because they don't like it anymore. They expect to be able to tune in and find something enjoyable to watch. The pathetic SNL fanboys are the only ones who like it anymore and for good reason. The show is fucking terrible now, bob.

And I know that you'll call me "misinformed" because I don't go to dress rehersals and stalk members of the cast, but I've watched the show and formed an opinion of it. The writing sucks, most of the cast is terrible, and the show is just unwatchable now.

I have to chime in on this. I am one of those friends Bob made through SNL and I have to address a couple points. First off to Max, I understand you don't like the show now and thats fine, what is funny is subjective and nobody is saying that you must like it. However, saying that the pathetic SNL fanboys are the only ones that like it is an ignorant statement. Ratings have actually been on the rise the last two seasons and the Ben Affleck season premiere scored an astronomical rating, so either there are a lot of pathetic fanboys and/or SNL has a broader fanbase than what you give it credit for. Secondly, anyone who uses the "social life" arguement is just plain retarded. Lets see, twenty episodes in a season that leaves thirty-two Saturdays open plus all Thursday and Friday nights and who knows maybe you can go out one night during the week. Think before you type people.

Agreed, as said earlier if I lived in NYC I would go to that shit as much as I could...there's bound to be hot chicks there, could do a bit of star fucking (though Bob does do it TOO much, it's all good Bob), and if you're smooth enough you can worm your way into some afterparties...what's wrong with that...plus like smh just said, you always have friday night to party...

I find SNL totally un-funny. I AIM'ed Bob one time about this Norm skit that I thought was dumb and Bob nearly snapped my neck because that was one of his all-time favorite skits.

But as long as it keeps Bob off the streets smoking crack, then there is some value to the show...

People rag on the show because they don't like it anymore. They expect to be able to tune in and find something enjoyable to watch. The pathetic SNL fanboys are the only ones who like it anymore and for good reason. The show is fucking terrible now, bob.

Wrong. As smh pointed out- the show's ratings are still very good. They're still the most popular late night show on TV. So obviously more then just the 'pathetic' fanboys are watching.

And the show is not terrible. As long as it has talent it will not be terrible.

And I know that you'll call me "misinformed" because I don't go to dress rehersals and stalk members of the cast, but I've watched the show and formed an opinion of it. The writing sucks, most of the cast is terrible, and the show is just unwatchable now. 

You're misinformed with your thoughts that only pathetic SNL fanboys watch SNL but the rest is your opinion even though I strongly disagree with it. I don't think SNL has had a bad show since the Trump debacle.

Guest Vitamin X
Well thank god the real Bush never gets outclassed.

Did you happen to hear that on the internets? ;)

Guest Vitamin X

You've already proceeded to do enough of that with your vigorous defense of a show that just isn't as good as it used to be.

..... ;)

Dude goes to these things live...if I was in NYC i'd love to go to this every Saturday night so I'm not gonna knock the guy for that...

Id be down to check out a live SNL while in NYC...but not every weekend.

I only go a 3-6 times a year b/c of school. I'd go every week if I could.

Even though there is nothing like seeing a live show- I love the dress rehearsal. Everyone is looser, you see stuff you'll never see on TV and generally the show is funnier.

I only go a 3-6 times a year b/c of school. I'd go every week if I could.

Even though there is nothing like seeing a live show- I love the dress rehearsal. Everyone is looser, you see stuff you'll never see on TV and generally the show is funnier.

Is the dress rehearsal open to the public?

You have to email NBC in August for tickets and if you win they write you back. I forget if I sent away this year.

Assuming you didn't win the lottery you can wait in line for standby tickets. It requires camping out overnight although since more people are getting in you probably don't have to wait that long.

I still wait 12-20 hrs just because it's so much fun to do.