TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lil' Bitch

Best or worst songs

Guest GreatOne

Oh I forgot you're a music expert........................

It's okay. Just try to remember next time you have a dumbass metalhead opinion to share.

Right, and I'll try to remember the guy with the Jamie Lee Curtis pic in his sig...........

Oops.............

I still wish death upon Puff Daddy for doing what he did to Zeppelin's "Kashmir" for the Godzilla soundtrack.

I still have never listened to that based on principle. I think Page found his way back into heroin to contribute to that abortion.

The all-time best use of sampling award goes to the Beastie Boys' Paul's Boutique. It's just PERFECT, especially on "The Sounds of Science" and "High Plains Drifter."

we have a winner. that shit is wild and absolutely seamless.

Anyways, back on topic, most of The Grey Album is pretty terrific.

except for "PSA", i thought most of the sampling on that one sounded pretty awkward and didn't really gel.

You know, Ice Ice Baby wasn't really a bad use of Under Pressure, I think you just don't like the song.

As a sampling introspection, Ice Cube's "Jackin For Beats" was pretty cool, particularly the part over the Humpty Dance.

They're no Paul's Boutique or the first few Public Enemy albums for that matter, but if anybody's listened to the early Esham albums (pre Closed Casket) they're beautiful examples of the art. Shame the laws put a stop to those kinds of albums. He came back to it though, on Mail Dominance, only sampling pubic domain that time.

Hallowed Be Thy Name

and don't forget, they also stole another riff from Maiden, by using The Prowler for Between Angels and Insects

Guest GreatOne

I had always heard that Korn played part of Seasons In The Abyss at one of their shows.

Of course Korn playing ANY Slayer=ghey................................

Guest Regina Phelange

Johnny Cash's cover of U2's "one" is absolutely delightfully depressing to listen to... as for the worst? Some teeny-bopper had the nerve to cover INXS!

Guest Sylvan Grenier

Ma$e is sampling "Welcome Back Kotter."

Yeah that's all I've got to say.

Good: Warren G using Michael McDonald's "I Keep Forgetting" for "Regulators"

I heard the McDonald song while in the mall the other day and remembered that one

Wicky Wicky Wild, Wicky Wicky Wild, Wild Wild West...

Will Smith's movie theme song took that, Kool Moe Dee, and Stevie Wonder to make one of the worst pop songs ever.

Guest GreatOne
Also, the woman who covers "Total Eclipse of the Heart" had a cover of "Smells Like Teen Spirit" (not a rock version, a pop/dramatic solo) play on mainstream radio for a few weeks. I hate her.

As I mentioned in the 'Saddest songs' thread, Tori Amos deserves to go hungry for the next ten years for doing Raining Blood.

When I was 3 I pounded on my grandparents' piano until they made me stop, sounds like she did the same thing--except no one was there to stop her.

Wicky Wicky Wild, Wicky Wicky Wild, Wild Wild West...

Will Smith's movie theme song took that, Kool Moe Dee, and Stevie Wonder to make one of the worst pop songs ever.

Oh, you bitch! Wild Wild West is king. But if you assholes don't like that, or Will2K, I suppose his sampling of Forget Me Nots on Men in Black ranks as well. Those are great songs though (well, not so much Will2K)... they're tributes to the sample.