TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dangerous A

FahrenHYPE 9/11

I was listening to talk radio the other night and caught the maker of a new documentary called "FahrenHYPE 9/11" which "supposedly" is bi-partisan and supposed to be a rebuttal against some of the things shown in Michael Moore's movie "Fahrenheit 9/11". Here is the link to the homepage and you can watch a small trailer of it there as well....

http://www.fahrenhype911.com/

Thoughts? (I wonder if and when this will possibly get moved to CE?)

Guest MikeSC

Interesting movie, actually. Shred's Moore to kibbles and bits --- laces into his theory involving an oil pipeline being behind the Afghan war, Moore's comment that there is no terrorist threat, etc.

-=Mike

I'd rather we just quit talking about Moore and treating him like he's a whining baby in the corner that isn't our child.

A rebuttal film just gives him fuel since the ones who believe in the Moore movie would never believe in a movie that discredits some of the stuff he says.

Damned if you don't, we are ALL DAMNED if you do.

He'll NEVER shut up after this. At least usually we only get stuck with him for a year.

Guest Vitamin X
Interesting movie, actually. Shred's Moore to kibbles and bits --- laces into his theory involving an oil pipeline being behind the Afghan war, Moore's comment that there is no terrorist threat, etc.

-=Mike

OK, obviously a right wing reaction then.

Mike may actually be George W Bush, he likes the man THAT much.

This was as blatantly right-wing and Moore's film was blatantly left-wing. I'd say watch neither and make up your own goddamn mind.

As for entertainment value of each, Moore just barely wins because I got to watch right-wingers shouting at the screen about lies and bullying the crowd get kicked out of the theater.

I heard they took some of the injured soldiers that Mikey exploited and let them have a say.

I didn't watch Mikey's piece of shit film, and I won't watch this.

I'd rather we just quit talking about Moore and treating him like he's a whining baby in the corner that isn't our child.

Hell no -- I get half my material from him...

The Truth & Lies about 9/11 > Farenheit 9/11

If you want to compare stuff on the left and right, it is at least fair to get the best representative of both, and Farenheit 9/11 is FAR FROM it.

this idea is so fucking retarded.

i eagerly await the arrival of some right-wing documentary that can actually STAND ON ITS OWN AS A DOCUMENTARY.

hopefully moore has pissed off a whole generation of young right-leaning college students who will go to film school and make documentaries that will actually be taken seriously.

i eagerly await the arrival of some right-wing documentary that can actually STAND ON ITS OWN AS A DOCUMENTARY.

hopefully moore has pissed off a whole generation of young right-leaning college students who will go to film school and make documentaries that will actually be taken seriously.

oh well then you have obviously never watched the trailer for the next big documentary......"Michael Moore Hates America"

:throwup:

oh well then you have obviously never watched the trailer for the next big documentary......"Michael Moore Hates America"

:throwup:

That one I actually want to see, considering it seems to be done in Moore's same annoying style.

Guest MikeSC

Conservatives would have a harder time getting press for documentaries with virtually no factual info involved.

-=Mike

Conservatives would have a harder time getting press for documentaries with virtually no factual info involved.

-=Mike

I dont remember seeing Farenheit 9-11 advertised too much...

Then again, Ive virtually ignored the entire film and its controversy...havent even seen it yet myself.

Guest MikeSC

-=Mike

Then again, Ive virtually ignored the entire film and its controversy...havent even seen it yet myself.

Well, I know Moore got a LENGTHY interview about it on Dateline NBC. It's not like the film was unhyped.

-=Mike

-=Mike

Well, I know Moore got a LENGTHY interview about it on Dateline NBC. It's not like the film was unhyped.

-=Mike

Certainly, it was hyped...but I dont recall it being some vast leftwing media hypetacular either.

Guest MikeSC

Oh, it very much was. It was a little hard to miss the leftwing hypetacularization of the flick.

Guest Nanks

I too am yet to see either Bowling for Columbine or Fahrenheit 9/11. I fully intend to get around to both because a) I'm told they're entertaining and one of them is a Palme D'Or winner, factual content or no, but more importantly b) I need to see them both so I can more effectively tear down the bullshit when people try to tell me it's 100% true.

Guest MikeSC
I too am yet to see either Bowling for Columbine or Fahrenheit 9/11. I fully intend to get around to both because a) I'm told they're entertaining and one of them is a Palme D'Or winner, factual content or no, but more importantly b) I need to see them both so I can more effectively tear down the bullshit when people try to tell me it's 100% true.

Well, there are sites with already CONSIDERABLE thrashing of both films. I'd avoid watching simply to avoid giving tubby money.

-=Mike

I guess Ive just missed out on the hype, the film, everything...

Propaganda on any level doesnt really interest me. I might check out the dvd some day though...

That one I actually want to see, considering it seems to be done in Moore's same annoying style.

seems like a good idea for a short, but i don't know if he could make the concept stretch to 90+ minutes. it'll depend on his talent & his resourcefulness.

-=Mike

okay, but what does that have to do with me wanting to see conservative documentaries that aren't just reactions to liberal documentaries?

If you are thinking about seeing Farenheit 911, don't. Get a hold of "The Truth and Lies of 911" which is much better.

The Corporation is good

As is "The Hunting of the President"

I have seen bits & pieces of MMHA.

I think Fahrenhype is the better movie. Fahrenhype tries to dispute Moore's points using credible (lol) sources like Ann Coulter. On the other hand, MMHA goes far far beyond that, and just tears into Moore personally and completely haterizes on the man and just makes a ton of attacks on him for committing heinous crimes like existing.

If you want a rebuttal, watch Fahrenhype. If you want to spend money for what basically is a filmed "LOL MIKEY IS FAT" post, then watch MMHA.

Owning the dvd I can say

FarenHYPE says abouts 3 or 4 things...

Yeah!Bush!Bushis#1!

then we get

Boo!Mooreisstupid!goBush!

served witha nice helping of

OMG! Terrorism! We all gonna die!Votebushordie!!!!!!!!!!

-=Mike

Oh you mean like "Stolen Honor" that affiliates are being FORCED to air right before an election, by a huge republican contributor who just this morning said, "every time a carbomb goes off in Iraq, it is good news for Kerry" which subtly hints at any time the NEWS is reported, it is good for Kerry.

...a huge republican contributor who just this morning said, "every time a carbomb goes off in Iraq, it is good news for Kerry" which subtly hints at any time the NEWS is reported, it is good for Kerry.

Actually, I think he means that because of the over-coverage magnifying everything to such extreme means, the worse Iraq looks, the better it is for Kerry. You are taking the point to an extreme it's not meant to be taken to.