TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gary Floyd

Favorite Obscure Cult Films

Guest Dynamite Kido

C.H.U.D isn't obscure.............but C.H.U.D. II...........that just might be.

Clownhouse, my favorite horror movie when I was a kid. Although it's very very hard to find now on video, and it was only released on DVD for about a minute, so it's expensive either way.

C.H.U.D. is not obscure as to how it can easily be rented/bought, but as far as the number of people that have seen it, yes I'd say it is obscure.

I remember Clownhouse. A local videostore used to carry it but it just dissapeared.

I wouldn't call that obscure though. When I think obscure, I think "where in the hell did THAT movie come from". My definition of obscure means few people even heard of it, nevermind saw it.

If you're going on how many people have seen it to rate obscurity, then you could stick something like Gigli or From Justin To Kelly in there.

Guest El Satanico
and the rare Garbage Pail Kids Movie.

...bastard

Come on, you guys haven't heard of "Refer Madness?" It's a fucking classic!

No, never have. Sounds like a rip off of Reefer Madness, though.

Refer Madness is the story of referrals gone terribly wrong and the sad coincidences it brings upon teens.

I remember a tv movie that Tom Hanks did about D&D games? You the one where he gets his friends to cos-play in a cave and Tom Hanks character goes insane believing everything is the game and loses touch with reality?

What about Top Secret? It's like a before they were stars movie with Tom Hanks and Val Kilmer.

I believe the name of the Tom Hanks D&D movie was "Mazes and Monsters", and it came out around the time when the whole controversy about D&D being the tool of the devil or some such nonsense broke.

Ah the 80s - when the worst thing we had to worry about in life was the dirty communists and the satanic cults.

How about "Street Trash", which not only has a gang led by an megolomaniac Vietnam vet, but also a form of vodka that cause the human body to go through a seriously explosive and disgusting meltdown.

I remember a tv movie that Tom Hanks did about D&D games? You the one where he gets his friends to cos-play in a cave and Tom Hanks character goes insane believing everything is the game and loses touch with reality?

What about Top Secret? It's like a before they were stars movie with Tom Hanks and Val Kilmer.

Top Secret is hardly obscure.

I remember some movie where a band of misfits kidnapped a teacher and all her students and took them to some cave or something. The teacher and her students all ended up escaping, possibly killing some of the bad guys in the process(my details are sketchy) and the ending scene was kind of disturbing because it eluded to the Teacher/students now being jaded about any one that seemed suspicious, and that they were ready to take that person out or something.

Guest Dynamite Kido
I remember some movie where a band of misfits kidnapped a teacher and all her students and took them to some cave or something.  The teacher and her students all ended up escaping, possibly killing some of the bad guys in the process(my details are sketchy) and the ending scene was kind of disturbing because it eluded to the Teacher/students now being jaded about any one that seemed suspicious, and that they were ready to take that person out or something.

Fortress. Did they have strange masks on(the kidnappers)? If so....I think it's Fortress.

Awesome flick.

94m.jpg

Tom Hanks isn't in Top Secret. And no, that isn't obscure at all, most everyone likes that movie. Now a movie that was spoofed in Top Secret...The Conspirators. THAT is obscure.

Speaking of Zucker stuff, Airplane was practically a remake of the little known Zero Hour (which was a straight drama) right down to the dialogue. Another rarity.

Come on the blond guy with the perm looked like Tom Hanks! I want to list some Donnie Yen movies but according to the rules since I have them on dvd they are not obscure......Drunken Tai Chi rules!