TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
iliketurtles

World Series 2004

Has St. Louis released who's doing the national anthem/seventh inning stretch yet? I'm banking on Nelly being there at least once...

Also, since Muggy's admitted that he's a curse the Sox are 5-0, and if this keeps up, 6-0. We appreciate it, Muggy.

Guest Anglesault

One of the more clever people on this board should rewrite "Scotty Doesn't Know" and apply it to Rolen.

Guest Anglesault

The Angels rolled over.

The Yankees choked.

And now the Cards are a'rollin

This is just all kinds of shit.

Guest The Shadow Behind You

Wow. Curt Schilling is wearing Pittsburgh Steelers hat.

He has some fucking balls considering NE will likely lose to them this weekend.

I bet he's trying to start something there.

So far, this isn't the classic series I thought it was going to be. From the Sox defensive woes to.....I don't know WHAT'S up with the Cardinals (not bunting once on Schilling? WTF?), but they have to get it together real soon, or we're not going back to Boston.

Guest Anglesault
So far, this isn't the classic series I thought it was going to be. From the Sox defensive woes to.....I don't know WHAT'S up with the Cardinals (not bunting once on Schilling? WTF?), \

The Yankees refused as well. Apparently the Cards "don't play that baseball" either.

Guest Anglesault

Well, good news, Yankee fans. Instead of being the only team to blow a 3-0 lead, the media will focus on the Yanks as the only team to give the Sox any kind of challenge in their 04 run.

Well, good news, Yankee fans. Instead of being the only team to blow a 3-0 lead, the media will focus on the Yanks as the only team to give the Sox any kind of challenge in their 04 run.

Its very early to judge, especially since the Cardinals have been very good at home.

Wow, Terry's taking it to the media right now. A reporter asked about the defensive substitutions he made late in the game and wondered if that was because of all the errors, and Terry answered "You haven't been watching us that much, have you?", since he does that almost every game.

Guest Anglesault

Its very early to judge, especially since the Cardinals have been very good at home.

Flailing away like morons isn't city specific.

They have a day off to work on what's going wrong. They're not bad hitters by nature.

People are overreacting to this. The Sox just did what they are supposed to and won 2 at home. Now, WHY they had the first 2 at home is sickening to me, since the Cards had the best record.

I figure the Cardinals will straighten up at home and win at least 2 of the next 3 to send it back to Boston. It would be to the Sox's advantage to put it away early though, they don't need this going 6 or 7....curse and all that.

Just as long as the Red Sox don't go up 3-2 on St. Louis. St. Louis has never lost a series when they're down 3-2.

Oh and hopefully the Cardinals don't become the second team to rally back from being down 3-0. That'd be wild though.

Guest Anglesault

They have a day off to work on what's going wrong.

Can a day off fix "stupid baseball"?

Guest OSIcon
Can a day off fix "stupid baseball"?

How are they playing "stupid baseball"? Aside from Sanders missing second and not being able to advance to third today, I can't remember any mental mixtakes they've made. I wouldn't even consider that a mental error, but it was a mistake.

A day off can take care of the problems they are having which is mainly pitching-oriented. Figure out how to throw to some of the Red Sox hitters and give the bullpen a day to rest. The hitting can also step up and a day off gives them a chacne to work out any kinks so they can start hitting like they have the whole season.

I also find it ammusing how some people correlate everything that has happened this post season to one team not play well. As opposed to the other team playing well. The Cardinals didn't hit much today but Schilling (and the bullpen) pitched really well. It isn't like they faced a mediocre pitcher without his best stuff and only got one run across.

I don't think the series will go 7, but I would be very surprised if the Red Sox won two straight in St. Louis to sweep. In fact, I'd almost be a little surprised if the series didn't get back to Boston.

It would be to the Sox's advantage to put it away early though, they don't need this going 6 or 7....curse and all that.

Oh for the love of pete, the curse is just a media catchphrase. There is no curse, and whether the BoSox win or lose the series, Babe Ruth will have nothing to do with it.

Again, It would become a Pyschological issue for some of the players.

I'm also disapointed that no one seems to have noticed Curt Schilling wearing a Pittsburgh Steelers hat in the post-game interview with Fox.

There HAS to be a meaning behind that with NE Patriots playing Pittsburgh this weekend.

Is he trying to get the Sports shows in Boston angry at him so the team doesn't get distracted by the press putting pressure on them or something?

I have a feeling he's just wearing a fucking hat. Possibly ironically.

Additionally, the notion that "the curse" can become a huge psychological burden for a team of guys whose job is to play baseball and make millions of dollars doing so is pretty silly. If they go down 3 games to 2, it won't be the curse making them panic; it'll be the fact that they're not getting production out of their best hitters, or that Wakefield's knuckleball isn't dropping, or whatever the problem might be. Superstition is for tards.

Oh c'mon of ALL the team hats he could have grabbed, he grabbed the very team the Patriots are playing next sunday? You know that he did that purposely. Unless he's from Pittsburgh, I can't see why else he was wearing that hat.

As an aside, it's humorous to note the amount of bandwagon fans the Red Sox have attained by making the World Series.

Just a few more than the Cubs gained last season.

Of course, I've been a fan since I can remember, so if they win this, I don't know what I'll do. I know I'll get a tattoo, but after that, I have no idea.

Part of me wants the Red Sox to finish this in 4 or 5 because I don't think I want to see the city react when/if they win at home. They beat the Yanks in New York and the moron mick Boston cops killed a girl that didn't even do anything to them. I shudder when I think about what might happen to the city.

At least if they clinch in St. Louis, there can be some kind of order kept.

As for last night's game, I keep muttering to myself that any other year and the Red Sox mistakes result in them giving up runs. When Edmonds popped up in foul territory and neither Mueller or Tek could catch it, any other season Edmonds homers later in the at bat. Not this year. There's something different about this team. They make their breaks, capitalize on their opportunities and get the big hits when it's needed. This is a different team.