TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
iliketurtles

World Series 2004

I've had the same Red Sox hat since I was 14. I should take a picture of this thing. I swore I'd stop wearing it whenever they won a World Series...

Of course, I splurged $30 on a Red Sox cap with a World Series patch on it. And over $50 for an AL Champs hat and shirt. But, I'm exempt because I've been a fan since I can remember.

As for jumping on the bandwagon, this is no different from every postseason, when people jump onto one team's bandwagon and claim that they've loved the team since, like, forever. It has happened with every non-Yanks winner of the last 10 years. People like the Red Sox not only because of the Yanks feud that they have, but because they're a good team with likeable seemingly normal guys.

Yea- the gang of idiots thing helps. But I swear I picked three teams I wanted to win the World Series this year. I can't believe one of them is two wins away

Did anyone jump on Florida's bandwagon last year? Probably not b/c everyone wanted Cubs v. Red Sox.

A lot of bandwagoners came out and bought shirts, hats and jerseys down here after they won.

I picked up a Marlins game hat with the patch on it, but that's because I like their cap and think it looks sharp with the patch on the side. I eventually picked up a Marlins Champs shirt and hat for a total of 4 dollars after the hype died down.

Guest Brian

Pedro's really settled down after looking pretty wild. He's at 73 pitches through 5. You have to keep an eye on him when he starts getting up to the century-mark. Since the Cards didn't score on him early, that'll be their best chance before the bullpen gets to work.

I don't remember people jumping on Florida as much. I think the ALCS drained a lot of people. For me, it was on issue of lesser of two evils, since I was indifferent to that team.

Guest Anglesault

Say what you want about the Yankees, they certainly choked and they made fools of themselves, but at least they gave Boston a run.

The same can't be said for the other two teams.

Maybe it's just me from being down here, but there were quite a few bandwagoners, as I had to sell them jerseys to wear to the game that they had tickets for, even though they didn't know five players on the team. Seriously, here's an actual conversation:

"I'm looking for a Marlins jersey"

"All I have left is Juan Encarnacion"

"Is he any good?"

"Sure, why not"

"What position does he play? He's a pitcher right?"

"No, he plays rightfield"

"Are you sure he doesn't pitch?"

"Positively, sir"

It gets frustrating that I would have LOVED to go to a World Series game and would have appreciated it a hell of a lot more than any of those fucks.

Maybe it's just me from being down here, but there were quite a few bandwagoners, as I had to sell them jerseys to wear to the game that they had tickets for, even though they didn't know five players on the team. Seriously, here's an actual conversation:

"I'm looking for a Marlins jersey"

"All I have left is Juan Encarnacion"

"Is he any good?"

"Sure, why not"

"What position does he play? He's a pitcher right?"

"No, he plays rightfield"

"Are you sure he doesn't pitch?"

"Positively, sir"

It gets frustrating that I would have LOVED to go to a World Series game and would have appreciated it a hell of a lot more than any of those fucks.

I'm sure in Miami there were brand new Fish fans- but I don't think the country got behind them like everyone is with Boston.

I think people were pissed at them for beating the Cubbies.

Yea- I didn't watch any of the World Series after AFB.

I was rooting for the Yankees though and was pretty pissed when they lost

See this is why I hate people like you.

You root for the Red Sox, but when they lose, you cheer for the fucking Yankees. Talk about a bandwagon jumper.

I didn't jump on the Yankees bandwagon though.

I hate Jeff Loria with a passion and did not want to see him get rewarded for what he did to the Montreal Expos by getting a World Series ring.

That was the only reason I wanted the Yankees to win. Seeing Loria get to celebrate a World Series win was sickening.

Guest Anglesault
Yea- I didn't watch any of the World Series after AFB.

I was rooting for the Yankees though and was pretty pissed when they lost

See this is why I hate people like you.

You root for the Red Sox, but when they lose, you cheer for the fucking Yankees. Talk about a bandwagon jumper.

You just don't understand bob. He's anti-Yankee for the usual non-sensical reasons, but he's anti-Loria because he's a Canadian or something.

I didn't jump on the Yankees bandwagon though.

I hate Jeff Loria with a passion and did not want to see him get rewarded for what he did to the Montreal Expos by getting a World Series ring.

That was the only reason I wanted the Yankees to win. Seeing Loria get to celebrate a World Series win was sickening.

Even so, the fact that you so much as cheered for the Yanks after rooting for the Red Sox is just morally wrong.

Doesn't matter what grudge you have against ownership.

Guest Brian

I could never really get into the Marlins. The first time, I wanted to see the Indians win because my pop's been a fan since he was a kid. The second time, they beat the Giants to get there.

As usual Anglesault is wrong.

I don't hate Loria b/c I live in Canada. I hate him for being a piece of shit owner who ran the Expos into the ground. Always have and always will.

Yankees v. Marlins was the one World Series matchup I did not want when the playoffs began. I would've been fine with almost anything else. I had to pick a team to go for so I picked the Yankees. I'm never going to root for a Jeff Loria owned team no matter who they play for.

Oh yea- I forgot the other reason I hate the Marlins and wish nothing but ill-will and bad things for that team:

Eric fucking Gregg.

Oh and Pedro is ON right now.

I don't hate Loria b/c I live in Canada. I hate him for being a piece of shit owner who ran the Expos into the ground. Always have and always will.

Yankees v. Marlins was the one World Series matchup I did not want when the playoffs began. I would've been fine with almost anything else. I had to pick a team to go for so I picked the Yankees. I'm never going to root for a Jeff Loria owned team no matter who they play for.

You don't have to pick a team. You can ignore the series, like most of America did. Hell, I mostly did, and I LIKED the Marlins for most of the season.

But "I have to pick a team" is just silly. Especially after you've cheered for the Red Sox. Like I said, it's morally wrong.

Guest Anglesault
I don't hate Loria b/c I live in Canada. I hate him for being a piece of shit owner who ran the Expos into the ground.

Then you should despise alot of owners who have or tried to run their teams into the ground.

I ignored the World Series for the most part- watched the end of Game 6 and that's it.

If the Yankees won I wouldn't have cared- just been happy that that piece of shit Loria didn't win.

I always pick a team- I don't know why. I just do- it makes it semi-interesting to watch.

Guest Anglesault

You don't have to pick a team. You can ignore the series, like most of America did. Hell, I mostly did, and I LIKED the Marlins for most of the season.

But "I have to pick a team" is just silly. Especially after you've cheered for the Red Sox. Like I said, it's morally wrong.

The least he could do is the ultra-weak "National League Fan"

I don't hate Loria b/c I live in Canada. I hate him for being a piece of shit owner who ran the Expos into the ground.

Then you should despise alot of owners who have or tried to run their teams into the ground.

I do.

But what Loria did (running his team into the ground, killing off their fanbase, all the other horrible stuff he did) and then getting rewarded for it by getting ANOTHER team is just something I can't get behind.

It's the fact that he got another team that bothered me.

Guest Anglesault
The least he could do is the ultra-weak "National League Fan"

What point are you trying to make?

If you feel you had to pick a team, pick the Marlins based on "NL ties" or whatever people use. If you can't do that, don''t watch

You can't root for the Yankees and Red Sox. It's just not done.

I already explained why I could never root for the Fish. If it was any other team I'd want them to kill the Yankees so I could sit and laugh.

I rooted for the Yankees to win in the sense that I only wanted them to win since I just could not stand to see a Loria team win.

Lesser of two huge evils

I already explained why I could never root for the Fish. If it was any other team I'd want them to kill the Yankees so I could sit and laugh.

I rooted for the Yankees to win in the sense that I only wanted them to win since I just could not stand to see a Loria team win.

Lesser of two huge evils

I was still cheering for the hurricane.

This is so weird, the Sox have been dominating the Cardinals this game.

Honestly, if the Sox can play this good, they should just drop the next 2 games if they win tonight, so they can cap it all in Fenway....

Or blow up in Fenway and send Boston into mass suicide.