TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bruiser Chong

And So it Begins

The Los Angeles media amuses me, because they've been all over DePodesta since he made that trade last July. It's funny how a GM can get so much flak for breaking up a team that never even won a division title.

Guest Smell the ratings!!!

WTF are they thinking giving 10 million to Lowe. I bet they could have brought back for Perez for 7 and he owns Lowe.

It's the Times that's saying Lowe could get up to $10 million/year, which I think they are laughably over stating Lowe's potential market value, and not what the Dodgers have actually offered. Again there's no way DePodesta would make such a move, unless I skipped the chapter in Moneyball where it's okay to give terrible pitchers $10 million/year as long as they were "clutch" in the postseason.

Guest Failed Mascot
Red Sox would get another first rounder out of it too since D-Lowe has been worth more than Drew or Kent over the past 2 seasons.

They need to seriously re-evaluate the draft compensation system if Derek Lowe is deemed more valuable than those two.

I forgot that neither was offered arbitration anyways, so their teams are shit out of luck regardless when it comes to compensation.

According to Bruce Levine of ESPN Radio, the same guy who first said the Yankees are out of it, the Cubs are about to offer Beltran 5/75, and will be meeting with Boras (with Beltran?) sometime in the next couple days. If the Cubs sign Beltran, expect me to change my signature. If the Cubs sign Burnitz, expect me to kill myself.

Why can't Carlos Beltran fall in love with Chicago like Nomar did? It would make things so much easier. Let's woo him with our finiest deep dish pizzas, Italian beef sandwiches, and Chicago-style hot dogs.

You're making me miss the hotdogs... the pizza is crap.

Guest Failed Mascot
Why can't Carlos Beltran fall in love with Chicago like Nomar did? It would make things so much easier. Let's woo him with our finiest deep dish pizzas, Italian beef sandwiches, and Chicago-style hot dogs.

Mia Hamm hates Chicago. She never gave reasoning, but Nomar asked that one of the places he not be traded to was Chicago because Mia hated it. After his tantrum in NY where he refused to start because he made a couple of errors in the previous games they had no problem shipping him there.

So are the Yankees officially out of the Beltran mix? Well it just end like this? They still need to address center field.

bernie_0307.jpg

Guest Failed Mascot

Mariners signed Pokey Reese. $2mill for 1 season pending the physical. I wanted him to stick around in Boston. He's got a great glove.

Larkin might retire which is good news for Reds fans that don't want to see him wear another uni.

Shit, the Sox should have kept him. Now they should keep Doug M. for defense and trade Millar, since I think Ortiz and Schilling are more of a clubhouse influence than Millar is made out to be.

Barry Larkin should take a look at the Yankees for a utility job. He says he wouldn't mind being a utility man for a winning team. We need all the depth we can get. Ruben is about to be signed for one more year.

Guest Failed Mascot

Millar does need to go. He might be a good guy to the Mannys and Damons of the world, but from everything else I heard he was a dick. Throwing Francona under the bus for not starting him in one game and the supposed talking Manny into sitting if Millar couldn't start.

I've loved Doug M's play for years and when they got him this year I was beside myself. They need to keep him.

Trade Kim and Millar to shave payroll and pick up a couple mid-level prospects.

Guest Failed Mascot
Barry Larkin should take a look at the Yankees for a utility job. He says he wouldn't mind being a utility man for a winning team. We need all the depth we can get. Ruben is about to be signed for one more year.

The Yankees certainly have depth at the DH position.

Yeah, I hear that Boston is in talks with the Rockies to send them Kim for a top prospect. The Sox apparently are willing to pay a lot of Kim's contract to do so, but they really have no use for him right now.

Guest Failed Mascot

Colorado has a farm system?

Last I knew they had one good prospect and it was that pitcher that got torched in all his ML outings last year.

Mia Hamm hates Chicago. She never gave reasoning, but Nomar asked that one of the places he not be traded to was Chicago because Mia hated it. After his tantrum in NY where he refused to start because he made a couple of errors in the previous games they had no problem shipping him there.

Mia don't be that way

Mariners signed Pokey Reese. $2mill for 1 season pending the physical. I wanted him to stick around in Boston. He's got a great glove.

Larkin might retire which is good news for Reds fans that don't want to see him wear another uni.

I'm happy with the signing. Though now they are almost at their payroll budget and will probably have to trade for pitching help.

Guest Smell the ratings!!!
Odalis Perez resigns with Dodgers

obviously they read my posts.

Now they should trade Edwin Jackson to the White Sox for Jon Garland. *cough*

All in all, I think the Dodgers have done well this offseason. Beltre signed with the Mariners for $65 Million. The Dodgers spent $50 million on J.D. Drew, saving $15 Million, and earning two draft picks in return for Beltre in the process. Then they signed Jeff Kent and Jose Valentin to shore up the rotation, and Ricky Ledee provides a nice platoon with Jayson Werth in left. Plus, they got themselves a much needed catching prospect. Losing Beltre's offense will hurt the team, but he's unlikely to repeat that season.

Oh the Dodgers did a good job, too bad everyone is more focused on losing LoDuca and Green. Who cares about a division title and the first playoff win since '88 when you lose your popular first half hitter/second half slumper and a $15 million player who is average at best? WHERE IS THE HEART AND SOUL!!!

I'm really hoping for the Dodgers to do very well in '05.

At this stage i'd expect Delgado to end up in a Baltimore uniform next season, if by nothing else than by process of elimination since the other teams showing major interest were Seattle who probably don't have the cash to throw around after signing Beltre & Sexson, and Texas, who after being the kings of stupid spending with the A-Rod deal are suddenly the model of fiscal responsibility and look committed to playing things smarter and not going off the deep-end with any big signings like what Delgado's asking price will be. I guess someone like the Mets could still come along and throw a huge sum at Carlos and lure him away though, lord knows they haven't been afraid to do that this off-season.