TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bob_barron

One Day Left by Michael Moore

Guest SideFXs

Michael Moore's going to have a full fledged, stuff your face twinkie breakdown, very soon.

Guest MikeSC
There he was, OBL, all tan and rested and on videotape (hey, did you get the feeling that he had a bootleg of my movie? Are there DVD players in those caves in Afghanistan?)

Isn't THAT cute? He seems PROUD that OBL has seen his movie and is using it for talking points.

-=Mike

...If you support Moore, you oppose America...

What a crock of shit. After leaving F-9/11 I felt as patriotic as I have ever felt. I was more into my country than I had ever been. I was more motivated to do something about than I would have ever been otherwise. Yeah, I'm AGAINST America. Right.

I DID notice however that was was SLIGHTY overweight. :P

I don't stutter.

If you support Moore, you oppose America. You have every right to do so, but don't pretend otherwise.

I received this in my Email. Moore makes some great points and as usual makes a lot of sense. I commend his hard work at getting young adults registered to vote. Moore is a guy who obviously loves his country, a lot.

Well, proof that it's idiotic.

And Moore's comments indicate a clear disdain for America.

-=Mike

Guest MikeSC
Neither did I fuckhead. I do not oppose America. I just oppose YOU.

Stop being so testy because you clearly hate America.

-=Mike

Will you quit it with the Anti-American bullshit? Peaceniks aren't necessarily unamerican. You can be a real American and think that this country isn't perfect and needs change. It's the wonders of this country that allow you to think and express this, and try to effect that change. I bet you were less than pleased with the gov't when Bubba was in office, did that make you anti-America? No. That's just stupid.

Guest MikeSC
Will you quit it with the Anti-American bullshit? Peaceniks aren't necessarily unamerican. You can be a real American and think that this country isn't perfect and needs change. It's the wonders of this country that allow you to think and express this, and try to effect that change. I bet you were less than pleased with the gov't when Bubba was in office, did that make you anti-America? No. That's just stupid.

You can be against the war and not hate America.

You cannot love Moore and not hate America.

-=Mike

I liked Roger & Me.

And TV Nation.

I love America.

EDIT: I guess I will say there's a big difference between liking some of his movies, and liking some of the more repulsive things he says in interviews.

Guest BDC

Just an FYI, do a check on the chronology of things in Roger and Me and when they actually happened. That movie began my despising of Moore.

Guest Temet

"If you support Moore, you hate America" is possibly the stupidest argument in the history of whenever. He's trying to help your bloody country!

Same goes for fat jokes. Really showing mental age there.

If only those who didn't vote knew how much the result means to hundreds of other countries. Here in Australia we're currently running two networks on live feeds of your CNN and NBC news. That's how important your result is, and still thousands forego their democracy because... why exactly? It's undemocratic to be forced to vote? Please.

Let's hope you guys made the right choice, because it ain't just you who have to stick with your president for the next three years.

Guest MikeSC
"If you support Moore, you hate America" is possibly the stupidest argument in the history of whenever. He's trying to help your bloody country!

Same goes for fat jokes. Really showing mental age there.

No, he's not. He hates his country. God willing, he'll die soon.

If only those who didn't vote knew how much the result means to hundreds of other countries. Here in Australia we're currently running two networks on live feeds of your CNN and NBC news. That's how important your result is, and still thousands forego their democracy because... why exactly? It's undemocratic to be forced to vote? Please.

Let's hope you guys made the right choice, because it ain't just you who have to stick with your president for the next three years.

We did. You don't see a lot of Americans spending much time worrying about what others countries vote for.

-=Mike

Guest MikeSC
You can be against the war and not hate America.

You cannot love Moore and not hate America.

-=Mike

Okay, then you can not love Ann Coulter and not hate America, since she disagrees with you on the first part.

And I disagree with Coulter. You can honestly and honorably feel that the Iraq War is not going well.

-=Mike

Anyone else expecting to hear a news story about Moore getting locked in his car and eating himself to death?

Someone had better place tubby on suicide watch.

Are you kidding?

He is doing a dance right now, letting the fat roll.

Bush in the White House gives him 4 years of material.

Course in 2008, the Democrats REALLY need to distance themselves from him. The guy is a cancer to the Party. Let him do his speeches, but don't acknowledge he exists.

If he makes another movie then just say, "We have no seen it so we cannot comment on it. We think "so and so" is an honorable member of our Government."

Or pull a Zell Miller and threaten to kick his tubby ass

Yep, Mchael Moore, he's so fat that.....he's up for internet ridicule.

You can support Moore and still love this country. He supports the troops, but doesnt support the war. Many people in the U.S. think this way, me included, and this does not make us unAmerican. He supports gun control, which many people also do in this country.

I believe that Moore does love this country, and thinks it is the best in the world....except that he knows that it could be much better, and I feel the same way. As a guy who always rises for the Star Spangled Banner, lights up a cigar (a cheap one, of course) and enjoys 4th of July fireworks, and rose for the Pledge of Allegiance for twelve straight years even though I doubted my allegiance mattered when freedoms were taken away from my fellow Americans.

Do I hate America if I agree with some if not many of Michael Moore's views? Do I? You really think I do? I can't question my government if I've seen a Michael Moore movie and agreed with a substantial proportion of the arguments? Theodore Roosevelt would roll in his grave if I didn't question D.C.

So once again, do I hate America?

Guest MikeSC
Yep, Mchael Moore, he's so fat that.....he's up for internet ridicule.

You can support Moore and still love this country.

No, you cannot.

He supports the troops, but doesnt support the war.

He opposed Afghanistan as well. And his comments about America while abroad are quite illuminating.

Many people in the U.S. think this way, me included, and this does not make us unAmerican.

Yeah, it does. Unless you feel the real sin of 9/11 is that the terrorists killed "Gore voters" and not "Bush voters", as Moore does.

He supports gun control, which many people also do in this country.

Every tyrant in history supported gun control for the populace.

I believe that Moore does love this country, and thinks it is the best in the world....except that he knows that it could be much better, and I feel the same way.

No, he really doesn't. His comments clearly show that.

As a guy who always rises for the Star Spangled Banner, lights up a cigar (a cheap one, of course) and enjoys 4th of July fireworks, and rose for the Pledge of Allegiance for twelve straight years even though I doubted my allegiance mattered when freedoms were taken away from my fellow Americans.

Care to reveal when during the last 12 years rights were being stripped?

Let me guess -- under Reagan and Bush Sr.

Do I hate America if I agree with some if not many of Michael Moore's views?

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...

I can't question my government if I've seen a Michael Moore movie and agreed with a substantial proportion of the arguments?

No, you can't have intellect and agree with a substantial portion of his arguments.

Theodore Roosevelt would roll in his grave if I didn't question D.C.

So once again, do I hate America?

I'll refer back to the "duck" comment...

-=Mike

he makes some good points, but we all know that america is willing to go through another 4 long years with bush

kerry may not be much better, but thats not the real issue here

the real issue is how making fat jokes about michael moore seems to be the best way to try and discredit him, for some people (probably because it's the cheapest)

what does his weight have to do with his opinions?

Guest Cerebus
he makes some good points, but we all know that america is willing to go through another 4 long years with bush

kerry may not be much better, but thats not the real issue here

the real issue is how making fat jokes about michael moore seems to be the best way to try and discredit him, for some people (probably because it's the cheapest)

what does his weight have to do with his opinions?

It doesn't, but he's in the news so often and its pretty much accepted he's a lying sack of crap there isn't much else to say except make some fat jokes. So if you don't like it, don't post anything by him. I guarantee that the fat jokes will end that way.