6 Shall We Dance? $5,650,141/$42,130,425

7 Shark Tale $4,600,000/$154,100,000

8 Friday Night Lights $3,000,000/$57,300,000

9 Ladder 49 $2,625,000/$69,932,000

10 Team America: World Police $1,855,000/$30,456,000

11 Surviving Christmas $1,300,000/$10,300,000

12 Taxi $1,225,000 $34,631,994

Guest Smues
Is that a record for biggest opening for an animated feature?

2nd all time. Ahead of finding Nemo, but well behind Shrek 2 which made like 108 million in it's opening weekend.

Guest hhheld_down

damn, i didnt think the incredibles would do that well, considering i havent seen a whole lot of ads for it and the hype for it seemed blah.

Dare I say that Shall We Dance is doing extremely well??

Haven't seen the Grudge but I already saw the Grudge 2 (japanese version) and wasn't that impressed. Maybe I should have waited to see part one or at least the original japanese version.

3 The Grudge $13,500,000/$89,580,000 ... very big hit there. I liked it.

So did I -- I think we're the only two at this place that liked it...

I enjoyed it, but I thought it was only a "decent" film - good for what it was (a spooky haunted house horror flick), but it didn't really live up to the hype.....at least, it didn't live up to the hype of its original Japanese version (which I haven't seen yet, so I'm not sure if the original Japanese film(s) are better than the remake).

And as it was only a "decent" flick, I'm kind of surprised that it's going to wind up making 100 million or more.

Good for Ray. That movie deserves every penny it gets.

It's almost always a given that the Japanese version is better than the western remake. It's just a shame that most people are too dumb/close-minded/lazy to see the original and realize that.

Guest Vitamin X
Dare I say that Shall We Dance is doing extremely well??

Certainly a lot better than it has any business doing. Much like the Grudge.

The Grudge wasn't all that bad, saw it this weekend. It has some scary moments. Let's face it: the creepy sound on the phone is going to be spoofed for years. I know I'll call up friends and make that silly sound.

Lot of stuff coming out next week, with Polar Express, Finding Neverland, and After the Sunset all out. I don't care much about Polar from the previews, and I hesitate on After the Sunset due to it being 1. A non Bond Brosnan movie and 2. It's rated PG-13 when it looks like it should be R. Thus, it looks like Depp will get my money.

damn, i didnt think the incredibles would do that well, considering i havent seen a whole lot of ads for it and the hype for it seemed blah.

Remember, a ton of Star Wars fans supposedly went to see this movie only to watch the trailer for EpIII, if you believe those kinds of tales, so it had this big opening thanks in part to this.

I just saw Ray today, very good movie, I think it'll have staying power in the top 10.

I think it's funny how Lopez's career hasn't seemed to suffer a bit while Ben's has gone straight to hell.

And The Grudge sucked, zero scares.