by Chris Johnson

Credit: Chris Johnson and www.gerweck.net

Dark matches:

- Chris Masters d. Aaron Stevens

- Johnny Jeter and Matt Cappotelli d. Johnny Nitro and Joey Matthews (with

Melina Perez)

Velocity:

- Hardcore Holly d. Spike Dudley in a non-title match

(note: Torrie Wilson served as the ring announcer for the first match)

- Big Show d. Steven Lee & Chad ? in a handicap match

- Shannon Moore d. Akio

- Luther Reigns & Mark Jindrak d. Nunzio and Funaki

(Note: Johnny Stamboli is still featured in Nunzio's ring video)

Smackdown:

* no pryo

* Cena cut a promo about CCC and Jesus.

* Tough Enough segment: The guys had to run from one side of the ring to the

other with the Bashams in the middle of the ring, and nobody made it. So,

the winners were the Bashams.

- Chavo Guerrero vs. Billy Kidman .. many screw ups.

Fans were not into it. Winner: Chavo Guerrero Jr. (should be lots of edits)

* Announced RVD and Rey Mysterio Jr. vs. Kenzo Suzuki and Rene Dupree in a

non-title.

* Heyman talks to Heidenreich, and says despite his PPV lose to the

Undertaker, he got a morale victory.

- John Heidenreich d. Charlie Haas .. Heidenreich leaves the ring and is

counted out. Haas wins by countout. Heidenreich is finally settled down with

the straight jack afterwards.

* RVD is backstage with a blonde from the diva search contest (Michelle),

that had the southern accent. Looks like she'll be his personal trainer.

* Carlito Caribbean Cool goes into Teddy Long's office and says he has a

doctors note that states he can not wrestle, and shows him his x-rays, but

Long says he is going to wrestle. Long says that if he doesn't wrestle

tonight, he'll be stripped of the U.S. title and fired.

- Non-title: RVD and Rey Mysterio Jr. defeated Kenzo Suzuki and Rene Dupree

(longest match of the show). Suzuki had a pretty bloody nose. RVD hits Kenzo

with the frog splash for the victory.

* Kurt Angle comes out and says he might have lost in a tag match, but can't

be beat in a singles match. Angle says that if anyone can beat him, he'll

give him his gold metal. Angle calls out anyone from the back, and Dean

Jabloski comes out, and wrestlers and Dean Fisk. Angle beats him with the

ankle lock.

* Backstage: JBL welcomes Diva search loser Amy Weber to his staff.

* JBL comes to the ring and cuts a long promo. He puts himself over, and

that no one would ever defeat him. Booker T comes out and wants his rematch,

as did Eddy Guerrero. Undertaker comes out. Teddy Long comes out and sets up

with Armageddon - Fatal Four Way for the WWE title - JBL vs. Eddy Guerrero

vs. Booker T vs. Undertaker

* Carlito is in his locker room, and diva search loser Joy tries to massage

CCC's shoulder, but he yells at her. She vows revenge on him.

* Recap the history of CCC-Cena

* Raw Rebound

* TE guys come out and gives fans reasons to vote for them.

- Carlito Caribbeen Cool (with Jesus) vs. John Cena.

Cena FU's CCC to win the title. Afterwards, Jesus attacks Cena and the new

U.S. champion is stretched out.

Credit - WO.com

Look for JBL to lose the WWE Title without doing a job, and I guess they've given up on CCC already, seeing as it looks like it was a clean job.

Wasn't the dude injured?

Assuming it was a clean job, and the report doesn't really indicate either way, then it means they've given up on him, regardless of his injury. If they wanted to protect CCC while having Cena beat him for the title, there are many ways they could that if they really wanted to.

Guest JMA

Damn, Vince is really a JBL mark. I do wonder who's winning the title from him, though. It could be ANY of his three opponents and that makes things interesting. Still, the guy who beats JBL one-on-one would get a lot of face heat, winning the title from him without pinning him or making him submit will greatly decrease that heat. If JBL does lose the title, I see the Powers That Be giving him the US title while Cena goes to film more of his movie.

I'm a little surprised they're bringing back so many losers from the Diva Search on the same night. If they have to use them, wouldn't it be better to bring them in one at a time?

* Tough Enough segment: The guys had to run from one side of the ring to the other with the Bashams in the middle of the ring, and nobody made it. So,

So now they have guys that the fans don't even care about showing up the Tough Enough kids. What's the point?

RVD is backstage with a blonde from the diva search contest (Michelle), that had the southern accent. Looks like she'll be his personal trainer.

Yeah, cos RVD has never gotten over on his own so it's about time they gave him a 'personal trainer'...

Added: 3 diva search contestants...

Fired: Stamboli, Rico, Palumbo, etc.

That's rediculous, unless it's one time appearances, but it doesn't sound that way.

What's with the shitty habit of having four matches? Four matches on a two hour show is terrible. Not only that, Heidenreich/Haas will probably be really quick and bad, and I doubt Chavo/Kidman and Cena/CCC went long. It's not even like they fill the rest of the time with anything important. They'll add about 30 minutes of recaps, dead time, etc. You could watch shows like these in 45 minutes, and you'd get EXACTLY the same point across.

JBL remaining champion sucks, and it means I won't be watching SD this week, or any week untill he loses the belt. I am, however, interested in who beats him at Armageddon. Taker is highly unlikely (and why does he have a shot again anyway? He blew three challenges for the belt, shouldn't someone else get a chance? I want to say Booker will win, but then why didn't he just win at SurSer? Sadly, I think Eddie's going over and either jobbing to Angle at RR to set up Angle/Taker at Mania, or jobbing it himself to Cena at Mania.

What's up with Chavo/Kidman already? Is London going to re-enter the picture in time for Armageddon? WHY, WHY, OH WHY is Spike Dudley still the cruiserweight champ? And if you're gonna keep him as the champ, why job him to fucking HARDCORE HOLLY???

Meh. The show sounds terrible.

* Tough Enough segment: The guys had to run from one side of the ring to the other with the Bashams in the middle of the ring, and nobody made it. So,

So now they have guys that the fans don't even care about showing up the Tough Enough kids. What's the point?

To make sure they never, ever, get over.

TE on Smackdown is such a huge mistake, and they prove it, week after week.

Guest M. Harry Smilac

Wow, looks like they spent the whole week booking Raw and forgot about Smackdown.

Why, why, WHY are they hiring all of these losing Diva chicks? It's bad enough that they had to hire the one they DID hire, but why hire the losers? For one, none has any sort of real interest in the business or any talent to speak of. Second, it kinda negates the point of the contest itself to go around hiring all the losers.

Frankly, I'd just have Bradshaw retain at this coming PPV. Having him job without being pinned is a horrible way to lose the title and it's not like he has SOOO much heat that jobbing him one on one would hurt things. I'd certainly job him to someone, anyone at the Rumble.

You know, RVD and Rey could be one of the best teams ever if they actually had anyone decent to wrestle. It's sad seeing two great stars dicking around with the likes of Jindrak and Luther, Suzuki and Dupree.

As far as Carlito goes, I think they just jobbed him out due to his injury. When he comes back he'll just say he lost due to being hurt and the actual match itself is quickly forgotten.

Guest M. Harry Smilac
"Angle calls out anyone from the back, and Dean

Jabloski comes out, and wrestlers and Dean Fisk"

Who?

The spoilers were either done by someone who just got home from the shitty show and didn't really feel like typing them or someone who has a tuff grasp on the english language.

I'm still trying to figure out what the hell happens here-

John Heidenreich d. Charlie Haas .. Heidenreich leaves the ring and is

counted out. Haas wins by countout. Heidenreich is finally settled down with

the straight jack afterwards.

Frozen Nazi beats Haas..No wait he was counted out..Then someone hits their finisher the straight jack on Heidenreich...Well that's what I thought at first till I realized jack was missing the "et" at the end. :D

Guest JohnnySwift
Undertaker will pin Booker T for the belt.

Think he'd hold it til WM and defend against Angle?

"Angle calls out anyone from the back, and Dean

Jabloski comes out, and wrestlers and Dean Fisk"

Who?

I know Dean "The Dream" Jablonski. He's an HWA regular, or was. Dunno if he still is. Used to team with Chet Jablonski.

I think it's a little early to say they have given up on Carlito. I'm surprised they didn't just strip him of the belt, but since he's going to be out 3 months, I doubt doing a clean job to Cena will hurt him that much. Maybe they can make an angle out of it, as Teddy forced him to wrestle when injured.

Smackdown was taped at the Nutter Center in Dayton, Ohio tonight, on the campus of Wright State University, next door to Wright Patterson Air Force Base. This is a very small arena to begin with, but there were four full sections tarped off on the camera side and about 5 sections that were partially tarped off. I was on the camera side, near the curve and only about 10 rows of my section were uncovered. The camera side was pretty much full, though. Tiny arena, 'ok' ticket sales. :)

On to the matches, I think there were two dark matches, but I didn't catch any of them. The last guy was leaving the ring when I sat down and then the announcers for Velocity came out. Josh Matthews got a **HUGE** ovation, one of the biggest pops of the night.

VELOCITY SPOILERS

*Hardcore Holly over WWE Cruiserweight champion Spike Dudley (non-title)

*Handicap Match: Big Show over two jobbers (Steven Lee & ?)

*Shannon Moore over Akio

*Luther Reigns & Mark Jindrak over Funaki & Nunzio

SMACKDOWN! SPOILERS

Right off the bat, John Cena came out and did a little promo/rhyme about his match tonight with Carlito Caribbean Cool for the US title.

Next was the stupid Tough Enough segment. This was the time when I should have went to the bathroom to keep from ruining my night, but I didn't. In any event, tonight their challenge was to make it past the Basham Brothers. Sounds easy enough. Basically they had 30 seconds, and the ring was divided into a few sections. In the corner where the guy stood there was a line that he had to start from behind. On the side where the Bashams were, there was a line marking off a big section. These were diagonal with a flag attached to the corner where the Bashams were. The object was to simply get through the Bashams and take the flag. They really weren't allowed to do much of anything in terms of hitting, etc. Everyone's strategy seemed to be run as fast as they could to try to get past them and the Bashams' strategy seemed to be to keep them off their feet. Really, only the big military guy and Puder had a chance. The big guy pulled along the ropes at one point dragging the Bashams with him, but he ran out of time. Puder made it close to the corner too, but was taken down.

In the end nobody got the flag. - During all of this, one of the Bashams kept having problems with his contact lens. At first it came out, then Chimmel cleaned it for him or just handed it back, one of the two, and he put it back in but it kept bugging him the whole time he was out there. At one point the ref signaled to the back that he would be OK to finish up out there, but he had trouble with his eye the whole time. After each of the contestants takes a run at them, they go back to their corner where Al Snow would talk to them for a minute, trying to stall a little while the Bashams were off camera on their side of the ring while the one was playing with his contact. One camera shot somewhat through the contest will show the guy in his corner and the Basham with the eye problem on his knees trying to make it better. This is the only indication that you will see of this unless Cole and Tazz say something about it.

*Chavo Guerrero over Billy Kidman

Carlito & Jesus go to Teddy Long's office and Carlito tries to get out of the match. He takes his shoulder x-rays and a doctor's note but Teddy tells him that he is not getting out of it or he will be stripped of the title.

*Charlie Haas w/ Jackie over Heidenreich via Countout

I don't know what was a bigger waste of time, the Tough Enough stuff or this. They basically wrestled for like 30 seconds. Heidenreich then leaves the ring and sort of falls to the floor. He then climbed over the railing and laid down on the floor by everyone in the fetal position. This went on for about 3 or 4 minutes until Sgt. Slaughter among others came out to try to get stupid to get up. Heyman gave him his jacket which he hugged for a while and then he finally left like 5 minutes later. I'm sure that they will probably cut this down on TV, but I had to sit through it, unfortunately. Everyone was pretty much quiet during most of this. There was one small boring chant, but there was also one loud SLAUGHTER chant! All he did was come out and they chanted his name.

RVD & Rey Mysterio were shown in the back getting ready for their match. RVD introduced Rey to the girl on the floor, his new personal trainer: Michelle McCool from the RAW Diva Search Contest.

*RVD & Rey Mysterio over Kenzo Suzuki w/ Hiroko & Rene Dupree (non-title)

Video that aired during Survivor Series was shown reminding us that WWE will go back overseas again this Christmas. That got a big cheer.

Kurt Angle came out and introduced his way of 'giving back', the Kurt Angle Invitational. He said that every week he will let a 'hometown hero' come out and try to pin him. If anyone can, then he will personally deliver to him the prize, Kurt Angle's Olympic Gold Medal.

*Kurt Angle over Dean Visk (?)

JBL is shown backstage introducing Orlando to his new image consultant: Amy Weber from the RAW Diva Search Contest.

JBL comes out and does a promo about how it's great to be the champ and that he won just like he said that he would. Basically, everyone who wants a title shot comes out from here. Booker T comes out and talks a little bit. Then Eddie Guerrero comes out in a car (They had the mirror thing pulled out of the way and he had the headlights on for like 3 minutes before he came out, but everyone seemed surprised when he came out). Eddie talked for just a minute and then the lights went out. UNDERTAKER came out next. This is when the place erupted because nobody thought that he would actually be there. Undertaker never said a word all night, he just sort of stood there. JBL was visibly scared. Teddy Long came out after a minute and said that JBL's next title defense would be a Fatal Fourway with all of the names just mentioned. Later in the night they showed a graphic which showed that match as being at SmackDown!'s next PPV. Eventually, Booker T and then Eddie left. Undertaker was still standing in the same spot and would not leave. This is where JBL turned into a comedian and started saying things like he would give him a three count to leave the ring and that "These people don't want to see you kick my ass". After some more antics, Undertaker finally did knock the tar out of JBL and Orlando, too. Undertaker eventually left after doing so and then JBL turned into a comedian again. Instead of quietly "coming to", he slowly rolled from where he was at to the end of the ring by the ramp. Each time he rolled over, he said something funny into the mic and everybody enjoyed this thoroughly. These included things like "I can't feel my left foot" and "I feel like Ohio State playing against anybody: I got my ass kicked."

Carlito was shown in the back getting his shoulder massaged by WWE's newest licensed masseuse: Joy Giovanni *US Championship: John Cena over Carlito Caribbean Cool

The match was extremely short. It was built to Cena winning all night through a series of MANY, MANY video clips that aired before or after commercial breaks ALL NIGHT recapping ALL events between Cena and Carlito. Basically, John beat up Carlito for a minute, then Jesus, then he hit Carlito with a chair (missed completely hitting the pole but oh well), then he took out Jesus one final time and pinned Carlito for an easy three count. It was extremely short (3-4 minutes), but it kept Carlito from working too much and getting hurt more.

After the match, Jesus attacked Cena, punching him in the back where his scar should have been. This made Cena need like 10 refs and a stretcher to leave. To make matters worse, to call for the stretcher, Patrick threw up the now famous "X" sign about five times in a row. I guess this was to make those who think they know what's going on feel like maybe they don't, but I obviously wasn't fooled.

OVERALL, I drove from Cincinnati to Dayton (around 50 miles and an hour each way) any really didn't think that this show was worth it. Maybe if my ticket was only $20, but it was close to $50 total. I had more fun and enjoyed the show more when I went to see ROH last month in Dayton at the Montgomery County Fairgrounds (plus I met Ricky Steamboat). ROH is coming back in February and I will definitely be going to that show, but I'm not sure if I will be driving to Dayton again for garbage like tonight's show. Maybe if they are in Cincinnati, it's RAW (not SD!), and I don't have anything else to do.

More complete spoilers from PWInsider:

Guest LooneyTune

Sounds horrible, and I'd like to thank Bob Holly for fucking over Smackdown yet again because he had to stiff a new person. When is Ultimo coming back?! The guy was backstage at RAW, so he should be back from his leave.

I think it's a little early to say they have given up on Carlito. I'm surprised they didn't just strip him of the belt, but since he's going to be out 3 months, I doubt doing a clean job to Cena will hurt him that much. Maybe they can make an angle out of it, as Teddy forced him to wrestle when injured.

They didn't even properly mention the injury until this taping, and even then it was handled in a way that will make the causal fan think he was faking it, so if he does complain about it nobody will take him seriously. If they wanted to get the US belt off CCC in a quick match, they could have done a finish where Jesus's interference backfires, or CCC 'injures' himself, either of which would have done far less damage to him, and at least they could use footage of that for a storyline explanation for his injury. At least then people would be able to see CCC get injured, and his claim would be more believable. As it is, all the people saw was a chickenshit heel get killed in less than five minutes before losing clean in the middle. If WWE was really behind CCC, they wouldn't have done that.

I think it's a little early to say they have given up on Carlito. I'm surprised they didn't just strip him of the belt,  but since he's going to be out 3 months, I doubt doing a clean job to Cena will hurt him that much. Maybe they can make an angle out of it, as Teddy forced him to wrestle when injured.

They didn't even properly mention the injury until this taping, and even then it was handled in a way that will make the causal fan think he was faking it, so if he does complain about it nobody will take him seriously. If they wanted to get the US belt off CCC in a quick match, they could have done a finish where Jesus's interference backfires, or CCC 'injures' himself, either of which would have done far less damage to him, and at least they could use footage of that for a storyline explanation for his injury. At least then people would be able to see CCC get injured, and his claim would be more believable. As it is, all the people saw was a chickenshit heel get killed in less than five minutes before losing clean in the middle. If WWE was really behind CCC, they wouldn't have done that.

You seem to be turning this into one of those "damned-if-you-do, damned-if-you-don't" cases.

You COULD have Carlito lose the match due to backfired interference from Jesus, but then what about Cena? His title win is immediately devalued, because he beat a guy that had already admitted earlier in the night that he was injured. In addition, Cena just wouldn't look strong in this circumstance - at least, not strong enough for a guy you're pushing as both a future Main Eventer and a possible movie star. With your scenarios, he either: a) Scored a cheap win over a guy thanks to botched interference or b) Managed to win only because Carlito hurt his shoulder first. With this being done, Cena not only DOESN'T get his revenge - which did need to happen, since Carlito will be missing for roughly three months AND Cena will be off filming a movie - and both guys look all the worse for how the match turned out. Truth be told, there would also be complaining around here from those that find a problem with WWE Title matches often ending without a clean decision. There are simply those that are tired of interference or tired of extraneous controversies surrounding championship matches, and they want it to come down to seeing the better man win. These would be the people that would hate a devalued title win like this.

On the other hand, you COULD have Carlito lose the match cleanly and in a relatively quick fashion. This bolsters the claim earlier in the night that he was injured, and re-establishes John Cena as a strong U.S. Champion - at least for the time being. In addition, there were no controversies surrounding the Championship match, so it's not as if the title win has been demeaned. However, like you said, it doesn't exactly make Carlito look good. He was beaten rather quickly by Cena and made to look like a paper champion. But keep in mind that when he originally won the title from Cena - when he was 100% healthy - he was able to hold his own in the match and outsmart Cena at the end. In this match - when he had admitted earlier in the night that he was injured - he was beaten rather handily. If the announcers could play that up the right way, Carlito's reputation won't be damaged too much.

As of now, I really don't think this title loss and the fashion in which it happened will hurt Carlito too much. I also certainly don't think it shows that WWE has completely given up faith in him. As long as they handle the situation properly when he comes back, everything should be fine.

Or they could done a spot where Jesus goes to hit Cena with a pipe, the referee goes to stop him, Jesus drops the pipe, Cena uses it on CCC, which the crowd would eat up, and then he pins him. That way, not only is the match over quickly to avoid CCC doing any more damage to his shoulder, but Cena gets his revenge by taking CCC out of action, and CCC doesn't look like a chump for losing clean in less than 5 minutes. They may not have completely given up on CCC, but I still maintain that if they were totally behind him, they wouldn't have had him lose clean.

Guest Loss

The logical route is to have Eddy pin Bradshaw to avenge his loss and drop the title to Angle at the Royal Rumble.