TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Nighthawk

Comments which don't warrant a thread.

$hamrock won the white rapper show competition for what it's worth. I don't know, I guess I just have this thing for VH1 reality shows LOL.

I still cant get over them calling Serch an 'icon'

$hamrock won the white rapper show competition for what it's worth. I don't know, I guess I just have this thing for VH1 reality shows LOL.

I still cant get over them calling Serch an 'icon'

Pop goes the weasel, cuz the weasel goes pop.

Today, I listened to In the Absence of Truth for the first time since November. I gave it a good, solid, distraction-free listen, which helped give me a higher opinion of it than I previously had, but it's still my least favorite of the Isis albums. Still stoked to see them Tuesday, though.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

I've done the same thing and soured on it even more. I think the album actively stinks by Isis standards. Totally mediocre by others.

I'm convinced it'll be so much better live, prompting me to go back and keep listening to it until it finally clicks. Or maybe it won't click, but it'll still be better live. I'm hoping.

Either way, I don't like that Turner's doing more clean singing. He sounds a little too nü when he doesn't growl.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

Seriously. He has a really grating clean voice, but the subdued growls on Panopticon are the best thing ever.

Even the guitar approach on the new one irks me. It's like they were trying really hard to do something new and different, but overthought everything and just cut the bottom out.

And I hate the cover art. Fuck that album.

LUVDAHATE.jpg

John Brown is tight.

that song, like all but maybe 3 songs on the new timberlake album, goes on about 2 and a half minutes too long.

i really don't understand how people can think 'futuresex/lovesounds' is a solid pop album. i think the best way to describe it would be "hooky but thin material drawn out to epic length."

So I heard a nice little re-mix at work a few days ago.

Someone took the lyrics of Riders of the Storm with the beat of Rapture (including Deborah Harry rap). It was damn catchy.

I'm not going to the Isis show, and here's why:

Jesu is the opening act for Isis. Except they've had to postpone their involvement with the tour for the first two weeks, thanks to visa issues. (Jesu being from England.) The cancellation of the second of those two weeks—which covers the show I was planning on seeing—allows me, according to an e-mail I received the other day, to get a refund.

Now, it so happened I wanted to see Jesu in addition to Isis, and was bummed to learn they had to bow out. Still, I was plenty excited to see Isis...until I listened to In the Absence of Truth yesterday, details of which are just a few posts above. After discussing it with Gene, I made the error of listening to it again, which served to further diminish the excitement I had for seeing them live. Now add how, from what I've read, the current Isis set list is mostly stuff from the new, boring album and very little of the earlier, better material (we're talking just two songs, though they'll throw in a third if they're feeling generous) AND that there won't be the plus of seeing Jesu AND that going to and from Gainesville just to see this show will result in me only getting four hours (if that) of sleep before going into work the next day, this all equals me no longer thinking it'll be worth the effort involved. So I'm taking advantage of the available refund and not going. For what it's worth, if either Jesu had been able to make it or Isis were playing a show here in town, I'd still have gone.

Did Avril Lavigne get her tits done? I watched her new video, and they seem bigger than before.

Oh, and the song sucks just as much as everything else in her catalogue.

DJ Jazzy Jeff is suppose to play at some club in Niagara Falls tomorrow night.

I'd go but I don't want to pay a $10 cover charge and dress up.

Got my tickets to B.B. King in the mail today. $50 with $11 service charges. Yeesh! I think I can justify it by realizing he's probably going to die soon and I haven't seen him before.

Hopefully, I can get tickets to either The Roots in Lewiston on the 26th or Clipse in Portland on the 31st. God, hip hop acts NEVER come to Maine (last one was like Fat Joe and a bunch of other shite two years ago) and now two are coming the same week.