TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Nighthawk

Comments which don't warrant a thread.

Remember the band The Ataris? They had the Boys of Summer remake? Well they released a new CD. It's definitely different. Doesn't even sound like the same band.

I hate the fact that people always associate them with their coverof "Boys of Summer". Pretty much every other song on <i>So Long, Astoria</i> was better than that, and it seems that few people realize that they released a few (much better) albums prior to that.

Though, from what I have heard on their MySpace page, I am not a fan of their new stuff. They were awesome live at the Warped Tour a few years ago, though.

IMF confuses me greatly. Before every video not from the US they seem to put IMPORT on the screen. Which makes zero sense since they are supposedly the International Music Feed so by definition they are supposed to be playing international music anyway. I know the reality is it's just FUSE2 but it's just odd.

A friend of mine has XM satellite radio. We were driving around in his car today, listening to the classic alternative channel; Iggy Pop's early 90s hit "Candy" came on. It's been in my head all day.

I downloaded this song yesterday; I've since listened to this about five times. This song, from 1990, falls in a period of time in Pop's career where he was trying on a singing voice that he completely copped from pal David Bowie. It wasn't a bad one, though he lacked Bowie's expressiveness.

It took me forever to realize that the vocalist on the commercial that spins around a rapid succession of Cadillacs was Iggy Pop. The fact that the Stooges just put out a new album is also totally weird.

It took me forever to realize that the vocalist on the commercial that spins around a rapid succession of Cadillacs was Iggy Pop. The fact that the Stooges just put out a new album is also totally weird.

Too bad the new one kinda sucks.

Damien Rice & Lisa Hannigan have had a falling out and she will no longer be playing shows with him.

This is lame.

Well, in addition to his medicore latest CD, there goes my reason for caring about him. However, if she ever releases anything, I'm all over that.

The new cd grew on me after awhile. At first I found it kinda bland & forgettable.

I'm more concerned at how much this will drag down his live show.

I don't know that I've given the new CD enough of a chance. I don't think Damien Rice's strong suit has ever been writing mind-blowing lyrics, but I think musically 'O' was strong enough to not have that be so glaringly obvious as on '9 Crimes'. I'm sure if I don't listen as attentively it won't really matter much. I think I'll try it as background music. And yeah, his live show is gonna go down the crapper. I wonder what the falling out was over.

Massive Attack has a new album coming out on April 7th. Hopefully, it won't be as disappointing as 100th Window.

Now I've heard everything. Using a Supertramp song as a rap beat.

A Supertramp sample sung by the dude from Fall Out Boy no less!

In other news, I love Fountains of Wayne's new single. As expected. Why do they have to play Boston the night after I'm going down there to see Guster? Don't they know I'm broke and vehicle-less? Oh well...they'll be back eventually.

Slayer & Marilyn Manson will tour together this summer.

Not a fan really of either band but would be interested to go to that show due to their live reputations. Too bad, Manson is banned in Portland...

I'm listening to the new LCD Soundsystem for the first time on their Myspace. If the first track is any indication of the quality level of the rest of the album, then I'm already sold.