TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Nighthawk

Comments which don't warrant a thread.

That must be due to the overly sociable areas that you guys live in. All I have ever had said to me that was related to a band t-shirt I was wearing was "Led Zeppelin's gay" from some twelve year old on a 'board.

I just heard this tune in Drillbit Taylor...."Die, ignorance, die". Who/what, and moreso, where the hell do I know it from? This is driving me nuts.

This song, right?

I haven't seen the movie, but it's in Guitar Hero II. Bullets and Octane- "I Ain't Your Savior".

Also in Smackdown vs RAW 2.

My headphones broke, and all my natural born gift of stripping wires and bonding them back together with tape and stuff isn't fixing it, I'm going to have to buy some new ones tomorrow. So, any suggestions? :D I like the big old cups over the whole ear headphones for listening to music in the house.

So... what does everyone think about Courtney Love claiming that Ryan Adams stole $858k from her to make Rock'N'Roll?

I find it hilarious and I'm not sure if I believe it... although I definitely think it's plausible. All I know is that it wouldn't take me 4 years to figure out that someone stole nearly a million dollars from me.

http://stereogum.com/archives/wheres-the-b...p;utm_medium=mc

I actually like Rock'N'Roll. Much better than Love Is Hell which came out at just about the same exact time.

Hey I think I finally "got" Another Green World. I've had it for like three or four years now and always thought it was pleasant enough or whatever but, man, listening to it right now with crickets chirping outside my window it's all just clicking perfectly and it's like my eyes are WIDE OPEN for the very first time in my life.

I also love that album, though I think Before and After Science is Eno's best album.

I'm listening to Portland crust punk pioneers Poison Idea.

poison_idea.jpg

Pig Champion, who often sat in a chair on stage, wrote some of the best hardcore songs ever.

41YGM5EZ5ZL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

That was their best album.

I've always had a liking for really chaotic and bizarre artists who are also blackly hilarious, and not unintentionally like GG.

Death Magnetic track listing.

That Was Just Your Life

The End Of The Line

Broken, Beat & Scarred

The Day That Never Comes

All Nightmare Long

Cyanide

The Unforgiven III

The Judas Kiss

Suicide & Redemption

My Apocalypse

The Unforgiven III? WTF?

I'm not sure if anyone heard of the Iron Maiden tribute album that was just put out, but aside from Metallica's cover of Remember Tomorrow, the album is a flat out fucking disgrace to Iron Maiden. I'll post the link to the Run To The Hills cover and let you decide if you want to punish yourself further. Even non Maiden fans can appreciate how disgraceful this is.

Yeah, it's by Kerrang. They fucking suck. Now, if Terrorizer put it out, it'd be worth listening to. I can just imagine them getting Turisas to play "Run to the Hills," or maybe Evile to cover some of the Di'ano (I never spell his name right) stuff.

Terrorizer is a better magazine hands down. I do appreciate that Kerrang does try the themed compilations. Most of Terrorizer's compilations feature stuff that is readily available on the band's websites.

But Terrorizer also does the "Unsigned Bands" edition of Fear Candy, which has featured a couple of bands who ended up GETTING signed because of the hype via Terrorizer (namely Evile).

Hahaha...true black metal indeed...

That documentary is flat out awesome. I believe Dunn has just finished a second one about metal worldwide.

He was pissed that the day of his debut of his new documentary, that Judas Priest and Testament were playing on the same night.

I saw Owen (Mike Kinsella) tonight, and he likes to chat in between songs. He called Batman the greatest movie ever, and we spoke about how I miss my mom during and after the set. Overall a damn good show.

i cannot figure out why i still like ween so much. this seems like something i should've grown out of, in the same vein of nine inch nails, but i just can't help it. i picked up 'la cucaracha' this weekend, and i still find myself laughing at lines like "she's gonna be my cock professor, studying my dick/she's gonna get her master's degree in fucking me!" that doesn't even rhyme the way it should. half the songs on that album don't even rhyme, and i still find it all not just funny but endearing. what is wrong with me.

There's a skit on the new Ludacris mixtape that takes a shot at the voice distorter device. Finally. It's actually funny, too. I dislike rap skits as a rule of thumb, but even I laughed a few times.

There's a skit on the new Ludacris mixtape that takes a shot at the voice distorter device. Finally. It's actually funny, too. I dislike rap skits as a rule of thumb, but even I laughed a few times.

Voice distorter? You mean a vocoder?

Whatever the technical term is for the thing T-Pain uses to ruin the music industry.

Some other notables from the mixtape:

- He's got a song where he uses the "Put On" beat, which is nice since it means you can listen to the beat and not have to also put up with Jeezy.

- There's a track about Obama/Bush/McCain on there that's causing a bit of a stir. Oh, politics.

This Talking Heads video infuriates me. Goddamn it, stop focusing on Jerry Harrison's beat-up guitar!