TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Nighthawk

Comments which don't warrant a thread.

I still haven't heard any Joanna Newsom. On a slightly related note, I was hoping to go my whole life without hearing the Bravery, but, the other day, the stupid scenester douche running the counter at a local indie store decided to blast them over the p.a.

Fucker.

Went to my favorite record store around here and they were selling... records! They've converted to LP only. I had to drive another few miles to get to the cd section, they've split it up. I got XTC's Go 2. I haven't heard great things, but it was really cheap, so we'll see. Also picked up Franks Wild Years but I've heard that before.

Also, I browsed around in there for a long time, but everybody that was in there when I went in still wasn't done looking when I left. People round these parts thorough with their music shopping apparently.

I listened to it. It's ok to have on in the background, but that was a pretty weird album. It sounds like the kind of album I'd make if I got drunk and had to entertain a six year old's birthday party.

I listened to it. It's ok to have on in the background, but that was a pretty weird album. It sounds like the kind of album I'd make if I got drunk and had to entertain a six year old's birthday party.

Oddly that sounds like it would be quite brilliant to me.

After listening to the October Tide side project, I can say Katatonian (or at least the members) NEVER should have stopped doing Doom.

The Walkabouts do a brilliant cover of 'On The Beach'. I prefer it to the original. The Handsome Family do a tremendous version of Kris Kristofferson's 'Sunday Morning Coming Down' as well.

In other news, my female housemate has "Girlfriend In a Coma" as her cell's ringtone. My male housemate is using "London Calling," where I, after spending the last six months switching between "Radio Free Europe" and "Ignition (Remix)," am using "Lola."

No, you can't, especially after you've heard Morrissey do it live. 'Paint a Vulgar Picture is the one track I would jettison.

I HAVE A RINGTONE OF 'THIS TOWN AIN'T BIG ENOUGH FOR BOTH OF US' And thus will never need another. It. Is. Awesome.

Yeah.

I'm undecided as to whether Nick Cave's new Double album could've just been one. There's a couple of duff tracks, but most of the good ones are pretty long. Neither is near his best, but a return to form after a few years of mainly bland offerings.