TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Nighthawk

Comments which don't warrant a thread.

Agreed. I still have virtually no knowledge of Radiohead albums, despite being surrounded by obsessive fans. I especially like that one and 'Pyramid Song' from what I've heard of their recent output.

Saw High on Fire last night.

Winnebago Deal are one of the most god awful piece of shit bands I've ever had the misfortune to see live. But the other supprt, Callisto ruled, very Cult of Luna style stuff.

High on Fire themselves where great, rocking it out from start to finish.

I bought the new Residents album today.

It's good.

Especially the packaging, which is snazzy-to-the-max!

If they play live anywhere closer than, say, Nebraska (I'm in southern California,) I'm going to drive out and see them. Pleeeease Residents! Tooooour!

Or indeed, if they played England anywhere. Glastonbury would make me shit a brick. In the theatre tent.

I love that album, cos it's so fucking bleak, but it's still very much a Residents album.

I've gone ahead and ordered that Residents album. Sounds interesting. I do wonder what the atmosphere would be like at a Residents show. I couldn't really guess. I did buy a Wormwood tour poster from Germany once, though.

After one and a half listens I'd say that that "What Have My Chickens Done Now?" song is my favorite, simply because it's so haunting/creepy, followed closely by "Inner Space," which is awesome.

The album is a little bit bland (for the Residents, I mean,) but oddly that blandness sort of sets an off-centered atmosphere and there's enough awesome moments to keep everything from becoming a waste.

On a completely seperate note, I am seeing Adam Green live tonight. Hopefully I meet him, as I met Kimya Dawson and she was awesome and I can't go my whole life having met only ONE of the Moldy Peaches. His new solo album is entertaining but overall not very good though, unfortunately.

OK, if Anyone seriously thinks that 'Lyla' song Oasis have just dragged out their collective arse is remotely good, or even ' a return to form' should be rounded up and shot. Who are they kidding anymore? Fuck off.

OK, if Anyone seriously thinks that 'Lyla' song Oasis have just dragged out their collective arse is remotely good, or even ' a return to form' should be rounded up and shot. Who are they kidding anymore? Fuck off.

I totally agree.

Guest Derek Bailey

I third that. Unlike with 95% of all music, I have no idea how anyone could possibly like it.

I hear that the one or two recent Residents shows have been weak. Anyone to confirm?

Ok, I've decided that while Holy Wood is probably Manson's worst album musically (because it covers old ground and doesn't come off as well the second time around), it's probably his best conceptually. It was probably the most relevant of his concept albums, as opposed to interesting for the sake of interest.

For the record, I find Golden Age of Grotesque to be his best musically, and Mechanical Animals my favorite overall, cause it's all about drugs.

I also say fuck that Oasis song.

Here's the track list to a CD I burned this week.

01. "Rock'n'Roll McDonalds" (Wesley Willis)

02. "Hurt" (Johnny Cash)

03. "Rock the Casbah" (The Clash)

04. "Road to Joy" (Bright Eyes)

05. "If I Only Had a Brain" (MC 900 Ft. Jesus)

06. "Devil Man" (White Zombie)

07. "Been Caught Stealing" (Jane's Addiction)

08. "B.Y.O.B." (System of a Down)

09. "Evil" (Interpol)

10. "Flagpole Sitta" (Harvey Danger)

11. "Beverly Hills" (Weezer)

12. "I'm the Slime" (Frank Zappa)

13. "Santeria" (Sublime)

14. "I Whupped Batman's Ass" (Wesley Willis)

15. "Girl Anachronism" (Dresden Dolls)

16. "Pencil-Neck Geek" (Freddie Blassie)

17. "I Wanna Riot" (Rancid)

18. "Never There" (Cake)

19. "Dumb" (Nirvana)

20. "Sabotage" (Beastie Boys)

21. "Nice Guys Finish Last" (Green Day)

22. "Saddam A Go-Go" (GWAR)

23. "Whip It" (Devo)

24. "We'll Meet Again" (Johnny Cash)

Fire Away, or not, idk

I disagree, at least with the Black Crowes statement. They'reone of those bands that I can enjoy even if the music's not that great thanks to the voice of Chris Robinson. I swear, he's got more soul than any white boy ever.

I third that. Unlike with 95% of all music, I have no idea how anyone could possibly like it.

I hear that the one or two recent Residents shows have been weak. Anyone to confirm?

Didn't know they were touring the new stuff yet. If true, a bit of a shame cos this record has a slightly wider appeal than usual. Slightly.

Watching Some Kind of Monster I ask-

Is Kirk Hammett the Derek Smalls to Lars Ulrich's David St. Hubbins and James Hettfield's Nigel Tuffnel?

For being a metal band, I've probably enjoyed the acoustic tracks on Acid Bath's albums the best. "Dead Girl" is my favorite song on either album.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Seriously? You'd probably like Dax Riggs' solo and spinoff material, as most of it his him being doped up with less of a metal sound.

"Dr. Seuss is Dead" is still probably my favorite Acid Bath song. Maybe "13 Fingers."

Like Agents of Oblivion? They and Kylie Minougue are about the only things to which my perception has been permanently altered by this board.

Guest Agent of Oblivion
Like Agents of Oblivion? They and Kylie Minougue are about the only things to which my perception has been permanently altered by this board.

Agents is basically a whole album of "Scream of the Butterfly"

I've no idea why it's taken me this long to investigate Cabaret Voltaire. They're like a mildly more listenable Throbbing Gristle, and they're from Sheffield. How did I ever manage to neglect them?

I saw Lyrics Born the other night. Dude knows how to work the crowd; his backing band were no slouches, either. The band was a surprise, as I assumed LB was touring with just a dj.

Did you see them at the Common Grounds?

Speaking of "Same !@#$ Different Day", the countdown is on. In case you didn't know, APRIL 26TH is the official release date, but hold on, let me say that again: APRIL 26TH, 2005 is the the date the new LB release will be commercially available. Mark your calendars y'all, once again it's on! That's all for now, young players. Keep in step.

Fantastic. Mark your calender, Mr. Denza.

Guest BrokenWings

I saw Choke last night. Really energetic live show. I was impressed.

Brazil are a bunch of cool guys, as well.