TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Nighthawk

Comments which don't warrant a thread.

So I walked into Walmart today, and go to the electronic section and theres a sign saying that Barry Manilow will release a new CD. My first reaction.

He's white?!

I believe youu were indirectly thinking of the not-so-aptly named Barry White.

Anyone remember the band Unwritten Law? They had 2 singles in 2002. One was "Up all Night".

The other I dont remember, but I seem to think it was like Chevelle's The Red. Fill me in?

Boy, my current list of songs sure varies:

REM - "Shiny Happy People"

Neil Young - "Keep On Rockin The Free World"

IO - "Kiss You"

IO - "Kiss You" (Remix)

IO - "Rapture"

ELO - "Don't Bring Me Down"

Cascada - "Everytime We Touch"

...and last but not least...

Crazy Town - "Butterfly"

:firing: :firing: :firing: :firing: :firing: :firing:

I know, I know. I am well aware of my online reputation being destroyed after admitting that I have this song on my hard drive.

Wrong. Oasis has spent the last several years being little more than a bad cocaine joke, while Blur actually concentrated on making good music and not having a band member give self-aggrandizing interviews, taking potshots at anyone who so obviously threatens him. That these targets are actually worse than Oasis only goes to show how pathetic Noel Gallagher truly is.

As for Blur. It's been three years since Think Tank, which, yes, was only a so-so album. But that still puts Damon Albarn and Co. ahead of Oasis, even if Mr. Albarn is presently more concerned with cartoon affairs.

I remember Unwritten Law, but not for Elva or whatever their 02 album was, but for their 99 or 00 self titled release.

Teenage Suicide was great for me at 17 :)

Wrong. Oasis has spent the last several years being little more than a bad cocaine joke, while Blur actually concentrated on making good music and not having a band member give self-aggrandizing interviews, taking potshots at anyone who so obviously threatens him. That these targets are actually worse than Oasis only goes to show how pathetic Noel Gallagher truly is.

I thought Liam was the pathetic one. Whatever, I have a soft spot for Oasis and never got into Blur, so I'm biased. But not bias.

Anybody like Collective Soul? They have a few singles I really like (Shine, The World I Know, December) but the rest of their stuff I'm indifferent to.

After giving it a listen, I've concluded that Psychic...Powerless...Another Man' Sac is the Butthole Surfer's funniest album. If you don't laugh during the song "Lady Sniff", then you have no sense of humor.

*Begs to differ on Collective Soul.

On Halloween night, while I was working at Walmart(in full Paul Birchill garb, mind you), the most burnt out 40 year old woman in the history of man bought a 20 dollar walkman, then proceeded to tell me how much she loved that new 'shine' song by Collective Soul.

I offered to her that it was actually released in 1994. She said she still wanted it, and sure enough, left my department 30 bucks poorer, but with a Durabrand CD player and Hints Allegations and Things left unsaid.

*Reneges his differing*

Early February saw the arrival of a CS/Orchestra compliation. We can't give the fucking things away. The Seven Year Itch could be decent, though, as the only studio CD worth picking up is the self-titled, despite a handful of good singles.

Thanks for the Unwritten Law help, by the way.

C-Murder is outta jail!

Good news!

I heard a cover of Mr. Big's "More than Words" and to my amazement Frankie J or whoever is the modern day pop singer is has pussified the song even more with the constent R&B style extended vocal hooks.

Gwen Stefani is possibly the most overrated musician on the charts these days. After hearing "Crash" for the first time just now, I'm of the opinion that it's set a new low for her, which is hard to do after the release of such gems as Hollaback Girl and Luxurious.

While I'm ragging on songs that are currently on the charts, Les Filles' Danse ta vie is the drizzling shits as well. They're not even hot, fer chrissakes... all of them are Sarah Jessica Parker look-alikes except for one.

Guest Agent of Oblivion
C-Murder is outta jail!

Good news!

No shit? I thought he got sent up for life.

Ringo Starr and The All Star Band are in Boston, the night that I'm going to a Red Sox day game at Fenway. This year's line up includes Richard Marx, Billy Squier, Sheila E, Edgar Winter and Rod Argent. I'm not sure exactly why but I'd definitely see that show for $20-$30. Of course, Ringo is probably going to fuck everyone over with high ticket prices. Pfft, just because you sang Octopus Garden, Back Off Bugaloo, and Yellow Submarine and hired a bunch of cheesy 70s and 80s pop stars to be your backing band doesn't mean you can charge me $75 for a ticket!

I actually love LCD Soundsystem's "Daft Punk Are Playing At My House" slightly too much.

The Trews' "Poor Old Broken-Hearted Me" is good. It's rare that I find a song on the charts that I like, so that probably says a lot.

I would still like to do Rihanna.

Rock the Dead

Found this video on youtube. Horror Movie clips and Zombies, featuring Corey Lazarus' Tar Man. he's scary in action.

Plus they used a bomb ass song on it.

Rock the Dead

Found this video on youtube. Horror Movie clips and Zombies, featuring Corey Lazarus' Tar Man. he's scary in action.

Plus they used a bomb ass song on it.

I hated the song, but loved that video.

A friend of mine says that the new Revolting Cocks album sucks. Oh well, at least i can look forward to the new album from Mono (a post rock band from Japan) that's due out in April. Steve Albini produced it.

Man, I'm a hypocrite. I always hated alot of prog rock bands, but I love post rock. That reminds me, is the band Pelican worth listening to? I've heard some good stuff about them.