TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Styles

TNA Turning Point poll

What is your opinion of TNA Turning Point?  

99 members have voted

1. 1. What is your opinion of TNA Turning Point?

• I ordered the show and enjoyed it
    • I ordered the show and did not enjoy it
    • I did not order the show but think I would have enjoyed it
    • I did not order the show and think I would have not enjoyed it

I know there is already a Turning Point thread, so hopefully the mods don't mind me making this (come on its the TNA folder, it barely gets threads as it is). But I first noticed this phenomenom after The Torch took a poll after Victory Road that it seems that while those that choose not to order tend to read the results of TNA's PPVs and laugh about how bad it sounds while those who do order tend to enjoy it. So I thought I would test this out here at TSM. I wish I could make multiple polls, but in the replies please tell me if Turning Point makes you more likely or less likely to want to order Final Resolution in January (and include whether you ordered Turning Point or not). Anything else you enjoyed or didn't enjoy from the show and what you want to see at the next show can be included as well. I swear I do not work for TNA marketing, I am just curious myself as a TNA fan to see where people stand on the promotion's PPVs.

I didn't order it because it looked terrible, but the positive reaction post-show has convinced me to get a tape. Hopefully you guys aren't overrating it.

I didn't order because I'm in a dorm w/o PPV access, but I really wanted too. I ordered VR and really enjoyed it, so I was looking forward to this show. Hopefully I can get my hands on a tape, because it'll be forever b4 TNA puts out a DVD. And Slap, I agree with this assessment:

those that choose not to order tend to read the results of TNA's PPVs and laugh about how bad it sounds while those who do order tend to enjoy it.

Bob, if you could, please link me to where you download them from. I've ordered both at a place I hang out at, but don't have a VCR or DVD recorder there to tape them (yet).

I ordered last night down at the coffee shop I frequent and help out at, much like I did for Victory Road. Other than invited friends, we had a bunch of people, including cops from town come down and watch it. I can tell you this about the show...the people at the shop who didn't know certain faces were quickly into them. One cop only knew the veterans like Hall, Nash and Page, but was amazed at the Sabin/Petey match and the cage match. So last night proved to be a great way to get an older and/or casual fan hooked to TNA.

My personal feeling is that the show was awesome. Save for the throwaway NYC match, everything clicked, with the exception of the Savage angle and "hot tag" that saw him use punches and a sleeperhold. I found this to be a better PPV than anything WWE has put on in months, and probably one of the top three PPV's of the year.

Interesting, no one who ordered the show has said they were diappointed in it yet, and even more interestingly a majority of non-orders seem to wish they had ordered it. Hopefully this bodes well for Final Resolution in January!

Guest LooneyTune

If I had PPV access, I would've gotten the show, but definitely would've been upset over the lame booking for the 6-Man Main Event. I'm glad I expected some kind of bait-and-switch. Sounded MUCH better than last months on paper suck-fest.

Quite interesting indeed. TNA puts on a good show, as not one poster here who ordered was dissapointed (heck, I don't think I've heard anything but glowing reviews from anyone who ordered), and even more to my suprise positive interest is way up amongst those who didn't order. I hope this bodes well for Final Resolution. Pending at least a decent card, I hope everyone gives TNA a shot, because they are in a critical period right now, and the only way for them to sustain is through PPV buys. I'm proud to support an alternative!

Guest whitemilesdavis

I would like to change my vote. At first I didn't want to see it. Now after all the reviews, I am very interested in seeing it, and will probably get the next PPV.

Show was very good, best ppv TNA has done ever, including all of those weekly shows from the past. The opening match, the pointless NYC tag, and Savage's role in the one match were the only negatives. Everything else was well done and the X division title match and the cage bout were easy MOTY candidates to me.

AWESOME PPV Sunday night

You have to feel sorry for WWE. They have to compete with a DAMN GOOD PPV the week before they have theirs. I have a feeling that everyone who sees Turning Point before Armageddon will be disappointed after watching Armageddon

Well...that's interesting at least.

Everyone from here who saw the show fealt they got their moneys worth. And we are fairly harsh critics taken as a whole.

Hell...so far 9 people are sure they wouldn't like something they didn't see...that everyone else thought was good.

We have one dissenter! Explain yourself. No, seriously, don't be shy, we would enjoy your feedback about what you did not enjoy and what would make the next TNA PPV more enjoyable for you.

Otherwise I'm very pleased to see that even amongst those that did not order, interest is very high. I will be inclined to conduct more of these unscientific polls in the future!

Okay, I really liked the cage match and the Williams/Sabin match. But the finishes sorta grated on me, plus there was a few filler matches and segments. I mean I did enjoy bits and pieces but as a whole I thought there were some let downs in the finshes for matches.

I downloaded it and enjoyed it very much. I don't have acess to ordering the PPV, but even if I did I wouldn't have ordered it...not because it wasn't worth the money, but because I could save thirty bucks and just DL it like I did. But I saw it and I liked it a lot.

Guest hhheld_down

i pay no attention really to this promotion at all, but after hearing all the reviews about the ppv, especially the cage match, i really want to see this ppv. any word on a vhs/dvd release in the future?

Guest OSIcon

I downloaded the cage match and watched it today.

I enjoyed it for what it was but I do think a lot of people are letting themselves get carried away with how good it was. Meltzer giving it ****3/4 is more than a little nutty.

I liked most everything in the first half of the match. Everything clicked nicely, AMW was hitting all their moves cleanly, and it had an okay flow. I also liked how they went right at using the cage as soon as the bell rang and only when it became apparent that they would need to wear each other down more before getting clear shots at the cage, did they go into a "normal" match. My only complaints with the first part were Daniels getting cut open so early and the inconsistent selling. Daniels got busted open within the first five minutes but proceeded to wrestle normally most of the time on offense. That goes along with the inconsistent selling. One minute a guy would be crawling around as if he were dead and then working a regular match the next minute. They seemed to have a problem selling injury and fatiquen *while* doing moves and running through sequences. That hurt the flow of the match for me because there wasn't consitent building of drama.

With that said, I still really liked where it was heading throughout the first half and thought the work and execution was unusually crisp and accurate for what I've seen off all four (maybe minus Daniels who I've seen have solid execution like that before).

The second half was down a notch. While the selling was kind off sporadic in the first part, at the very least there were distinct control segments (for the most part). The second half was just a long finishing sequence and a lot of "your move, my move" stuff. When your trying to get across how brutal and hard-fought the match has been, it seems counter productive for the wrestlers to just be going back and forth hitting big moves with little long term selling. They were going for "this match is really brutal" but the execution came off more along the lines of "this match features a lot of cool moves/spots". The announcers didn't help this a whole lot by continually harping on how much of a spectacle it was instead of the condition of the wrestlers, how brutal it is, ect.

It may not seem like a big difference between what they did and having a legit brutal, throwdown/drag'em out brawl, but there is a difference. Mainly in selling. The whole "your move, my move" took away from the "brutal fight" feel and turned into more of a cool, visual spectacle, akin to something like an ROH Scramble Cage match or, welll......any X-Division match.

The cage spots, Skipper's in particular, came off contrived and a bit unecesary. Cool spots are on thing. Doing something like walking across the top of the cage with nothing to protect your fall is another.

Problems aside, I did like the match and would probably rank it as my favorite TNA match that I've seen. However, it is far from an "excellent match" and probably not MOTY-level.

Guest OSIcon

Sledgehammer.net has (or had it at least) the whole show broken down by matches. I downloaded it mid week so not sure if it is still up or not.