TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Matt Young

Concept shots of PS3/Xbox 2 Madden and NFS

www.insidepulse.com has posted the following:

"Electronic Arts has just released two conceptual images to demontrate what the graphics of next generation console systems will be like. Neither of these are official games, but rather a preview of what may potentially come. In other words, frivolous fluff; but still fun to imagine the possibilities and look at."

These screenshots are incredible. I had seen shots of Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion for PS3 and Xbox 2 in Game Informer and those were amazing, but this Madden shot tops those.

I didn't think they could improve this much on today's console graphics. Here are the links:

Next Gen Need For Speed

Next Gen Madden

Enjoy.

Gran Turismo 4 looks better than that Need for Speed pic, although Madden does look awesome

Consider this- These are concept images from (I presume) development kits. The first generation games, once completed, could look even better and by the time we get a couple years into the systems' lifespans they will have figured out how to get the most out of the hardware, thereby improving things further.

I think there will come a time as well where it may just take too much devolop games to taht extent, except perhaps the really big budget titles. Of course, developer's tools keep evolving, but there's gotta be a manpower bottleneck in the future.

Real games never look as good as the system's concept art or videos.

Take a look at some of the concept shots from "Project Reality" (eventually the N64) for examples of that.

Yes, Marvin, I agree. Gameplay is the most important thing. But if developers can match up graphics of this quality with good gameplay... wow.

Besides, we already know that the Madden and Need For Speed games feature really good gameplay.

Guest Flyboy
Besides, we already know that the Madden...feature really good gameplay.

HAHAHAHAHA. That comment was tremendous.

A game needs more than great graphics to be good.

Well no shit. I'm one of the biggest supporters of substance over graphics. But when I'm promised pretty graphics dammit I want what I'm promised!

Graphics stopped mattering when they stopped effecting gameplay. Games now don't play any better than games did on the DC, and there's no reason to think that'll change with the next generation. And on top of that, it's going to be more and more true that almost all developers can't even afford to make games that take advantage of the new hardware. Even with this generation, the vast majority of games aren't pushing the hardware to the limit, at all. I wish they'd just stop releasing new consoles and let me save money, heh.

The screens do look nice, though. I wonder how many games will actually look like that.

Now now.

If they can't average 400 yards a game, its not real to them.

Concept pictures? Bah!

I demand video! I demand sound! I demand the game not suck after passing the first two requirements!

Now now.

You see the Colts play lately? :D

Consider that last-gen games on a system can push the hardware farther than possible, sometimes, and games could look that good.

Now now.

You see the Colts play lately? :D

Okay, lets be more realistic.

The Cardinals.

I'll believe it when I see it.

Of course, if anyone can get these kidns of graphics from their titles, EA can. They're slave drivers, and if anyone else buys anything from EA again, they ought to be ashamed of themselves.

I agree with Jer, graphics alone aren't that big a reason to drop another four hundred dollars. This is why I don't play much PC games anymore, and if they want me to play the same old games with prettier pictures, well, I'll wait til the systems cost 100-150 again.

I would love to see a Metal Gear Solid game on a next gen system. Considering they go all out to push the PS2 specs, imagine the future.

Of course, if anyone can get these kidns of graphics from their titles, EA can. They're slave drivers, and if anyone else buys anything from EA again, they ought to be ashamed of themselves.

What do you mean exactly?

What do you mean exactly?

Recently there's been an uproar over how EA treats their employees. Can't find the link at the moment.

Personally: EA's the biggest mediocre game manufacturer on earth. The equivalent of a video-game company vampire..asorbing everything around it.

People may bitch about Microsoft using their money to buy a studio here and there, but EA's ten times worse about it.

That, and they have this blatant hatred for the Xbox. They must, because they refuse to graphically upgrade games after porting them from the PS2..