TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JoeDirt

Savage gone AGAIN?

Despite being backstage earlier this afternoon and scheduled to work at TNA’s Impact! taping in Orlando, Florida, Randy Savage left the building following a meeting with TNA management and did not appear on the taping. This has led numerous sources to believe that Savage is, again, done with TNA.

Savage was scheduled to come to the ring and get involved during an interview segment featuring NWA champion Jeff Jarrett and Dusty Rhodes at the taping. This would begin building towards a Savage-Jarrett NWA championship match on the 1/15/05 Final Resolution PPV event. The segment instead featured back and forth mic work between Jarrett and Rhodes with no mention of Savage or the originally planned bout.

Savage pinned Jarrett during a six man tag match at the Turning Point PPV this past Sunday. His appearance in the six man tag, where he was much smaller and less muscular than he had appeared in the past, was Savage's first match in four years.

Savage had debuted at the Victory Road PPV and pulled out of the company, citing an "unsafe work environment" after an encounter with Hulk Hogan, but later reconciled.

CREDIT: PWInsider

Guest LooneyTune

Who is surprised? I think everyone called this one before he came back the 2nd time.

Here's an update from Johnson:

Randy Savage was sent home by TNA this afternoon after a meeting where Savage requested that he win the NWA championship from Jeff Jarrett at the 1/15/05 Final Resolution PPV. TNA officials quickly told Savage that wasn’t in the cards for their plans and sent him home from the taping. There is always a chance he may be back down the line, but the PPV match is now off the books. No word yet on who Jarrett’s opponent will be at the next PPV event.

They should book Jarrett/Brown/Raven/DDP in a four way for the title and have the Outsiders/3LK match as the second "name" match on the card.

I still don't know why they even bothered to bring him in in the first place...yeah...he gave them a "name"...a name that the few people I still know who tolerate watching wrestling with me said under no circumstances, would they help pay to watch Randy fucking Savage.

He's gone again?

Good. Now they should pretend that he was never with the company to begin with.

They didn't even get footage they could use out of this whole fiasco. I think at this point they should cut their loses and toss some money at Sting to fill the void. If not, put DDP in his spot, because he's clearly over with the crowd too.

He really asked to have the belt? Did he look in the mirror? Maybe it could be one of his one night stints, but honestly...Well at least I got to see him at VR and TP.

Deja vu all over again

Guest Dynamite Kido
Jesus christ. That fucker is gonna sit there with a straight face and demand a serious title run. What is he now, 60?

He's not quite that old...........but he is insane. If that counts for anything.

Maybe it was to slap Hogan in the face...winning the belt was what Hogan's plan was last year until he got injured so Savage could get an advantage in this crazy feud of theirs

But yeah TNA was smart to say no because we really don't need Jarrett to become a 4 time champ

Guest LooneyTune

I'd hate to say this...but right now, Jarretts a much better possible champion than Savage. Of course, Shark Boy is better than Jarrett, but thats beyond the point.

I'd hate to say this...but right now, Jarretts a much better possible champion than Savage. Of course, Shark Boy is better than Jarrett, but thats beyond the point.

90% of the TNA roster is better than Jarrett as a choice for NWA World Champion.

Heck, Erik Watts could be a better choice.

Guest whitemilesdavis

I disagree. TNA only has a few real options for champion right now, and as boring as it is Jarrett is one of them. I say give him a few month feud with DDP trading the belt back and forth, with Jarrett finally winning. This should cement Jeff as a credible champ. At that point, pick a young guy (AJ, Truth, Abyss,....) for a title feud, and have Jarrett put him over clean. They're gonna miss the boat on their "homegrown" talent if they don't do something soon.

Guest INXS

It gets more and more like the dying days of WCW as each week passes. TNA should never work with Savage again.

Guest Salacious Crumb

It's time for Monty Brown to get the title. And the sad thing is I actually want to see it now unlike a few months ago.

Funny how since Victory Road my opinion of him has completely changed.

Guest Salacious Crumb

Savage is more insane. Remember he wanted a large chunk of the ownership of the WWA to wrestle for them in early 2002.

Guest M. Harry Smilac

What a waste of money.

They should bring Sid onboard instead...at least he'd hang around till softball season.