TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EdwardKnoxII

NEW AVENGERS #1 SELLS OUT

millar's run on Thor came out of ideas that gaiman had..gaiman gave his "blessing" to take his idea and run with it..gaiman actually let marvel take it to a confrence of the writers and editors to work ideas in a thinktank like enviornment millar fell in love with it

The thinktank is a great idea. DC's been doing it lately, since Rucka/Wincick/Johns/Metzer are all friends and always discussing their projects.

Next week, January 5th. This week the Director's cut vcame out, along with #1 again, only this time with a David Finch cover.

Spoilers have leaked out for New Avengers #2; Bendis strikes again and ruins/kills off a perfectly decent character for no good reason:

Carnage gets the crap beaten out of him by Luke Cage, who is cornered by Carnage but who basically laughs at Carnage after every attempt by Carnage to hurt Cage fails miserably. And in the end, Carnage gets killed off by Sentry in a scene designed simply to show that Sentry is super-strong......

Spoilers have leaked out for New Avengers #2; Bendis strikes again and ruins/kills off a perfectly decent character for no good reason:

Carnage gets the crap beaten out of him by Luke Cage, who is cornered by Carnage but who basically laughs at Carnage after every attempt by Carnage to hurt Cage fails miserably. And in the end, Carnage gets killed off by Sentry in a scene designed simply to show that Sentry is super-strong......

Gotta love the pointless deaths. It's been a while, but is Carnage attatched to a person or a free-thinking evil living symbiote?

Gotta love the pointless deaths. It's been a while, but is Carnage attatched to a person or a free-thinking evil living symbiote?

Carnage is still Cleatus Kassady, though he's on his second symbiote as Howard Mackie had Venom eat Cleatus's symbiote/costume, which led to Cleatus (after going around naked and painted red) to go into the Negative Zone with Spidey. where he found a new symbiote/costume that was outright identical to his old symbiote/costume...

Guest TheLastBoyscout

Carnage is still Cleatus Kassady, though he's on his second symbiote as Howard Mackie had Venom eat Cleatus's symbiote/costume, which led to Cleatus (after going around naked and painted red) to go into the Negative Zone with Spidey. where he found a new symbiote/costume that was outright identical to his old symbiote/costume...

He's better off dead.

He's better off dead.

I hate it with a passion when they take Spidey into F4ish stories involving the Negative Zone. They just set themselves up for total suckage.

Wow - I just got a flash back to the Howard Mackie run on Amazing Spider-Man from a few years back.

Mackie remains the only man in all of comics that actually made me cancel my subscription to AMS. Hell, I even stuck it out through the Clone nonsense - but Mackie was so fucking awful I just couldn't abide the series.

Guest TheLastBoyscout
Negative Zone = Skrull imposter

How come Rick Jones or Mar-Vell never found a symbiote in all the years they spent in there?

Spoilers have leaked out for New Avengers #2; Bendis strikes again and ruins/kills off a perfectly decent character for no good reason

Carnage hasn't been a perfectly decent character in ages.

Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but...

Why would Spider-Man aid a certifiable nutcase in obtaining an extremely powerful alien symbiote?

Spoilers have leaked out for New Avengers #2; Bendis strikes again and ruins/kills off a perfectly decent character for no good reason

Granted, but he has been a MAJOR Spidey-villain in years past, and if the objection here is that his death is being used as something of an afterthought by Bendis, I can totally understand the criticism.

Granted, but he has been a MAJOR Spidey-villain in years past, and if the objection here is that his death is being used as something of an afterthought by Bendis, I can totally understand the criticism.

I can too, but Carnage's character isn't really good for much at this point. Plus, all things considered, Cletus Kassidy might be dead but the symbiote will inevitably live on anyway.

Carnage was just another market saturation character. I never rally cared for him and still feel to this day that he should have been killed off at the end of Maximum Carnage. He hit his peak in that story. I mean, he killed *thousands* of people in the middle of the streets. The character went as far as he was going to get.

I agree with Sass. Carnage, to me felt like a poor man's Venom. The only reason he was created was to have an excuse to turn Eddie good.

This is a bit off-topic, but didn't Millar kill off Eddie Brock in Marvel Knights Spider-Man?

I remember it being mentioned that Brock slit his wrists and that "we don't think he'll live through the night", but I wasn't sure if he was definitively DOA.

Guest TheLastBoyscout

That's a god awful review. His armchair work is even worse than what Bendis did for The Avengers in Disassembled.

Jess is better when he rips things apart. Comic book booking can be hit or miss. I would stop killing guys off at this point in Avengers. The matter of importance should be telling good stories without some big shocker to send "shock waves" throughout the MU that'll only last until next year.

I agree with you, Sass; but you just know that Bendis will have Wolverine make his grand entrance for shock value and do away with most villains.

I thought issue #2 was OK. Certainly not worthy of a 0, as that review suggests. I'm willing to give the series a chance and see how it all turns out after this first storyarc is finished before I give it a final grading.