TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Matt Young

My sister stole and sold my N64 collection

My 17 year old sister is a heartless, soulless bitch.

She's a horrible person in general, but here's the story. I moved with my family to California in January and moved back to Illinois in March. I just came back to California a month ago, and most of my belongings had been here that whole time.

My sister had supposedly "brought my N64 to a friend's house" which explained why it was in her car. She doesn't play video games normally, though.

I found out that my whole shoebox full of N64 games and my controllers and memory cards were all missing. I searched everywhere in the house. She more than likely sold the stuff for drug money.

My mom and stepdad, being the complete worthless tools that they are, won't punish my sister for anything she does, so I am stuck replacing this stuff on my own. I wonder how much it will cost.

Here's a list of what I believe is missing:

1. Super Mario 64

2. Star Fox 64

3. GoldenEye

4. Perfect Dark

5. Donkey Kong 64

6. Diddy Kong Racing

7. Paper Mario

8. Conker's Bad Fur Day

9. Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (gold)

10. Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (gold)

11. Mischief Makers

12. Yoshi's Story

13. WCW vs. nWo: World Tour

14. WCW/nWo Revenge

15. WCW Mayhem

16. WWF War Zone

17. WWF Attitude

18. WWF WrestleMania 2000

19. WWF No Mercy

20. ECW Hardcore Revolution

21. NFL Blitz

22. NFL QB Club '98

23. Madden 64

24. NBA Live '99

25. NBA Showtime: NBA on NBC

26. Resident Evil 2

27. Bust-A-Move 2: Arcade Edition

28. All-Star Baseball '99

29. Madden NFL 2000

30. WCW Nitro

31. Wayne Gretzky's 3D Hockey '98

I think that's it. I'm hoping they'll be cheap since over half are sports and wrestling games, but who knows. I want them in good condition as well.

Oh yeah, there was also a Toys R Us limited Extreme Green controller, a blue one, two grey ones, and a 4x memory card.

This is a sad time. I couldn't wait to play my N64 after I got back here.

Well, at least I had my GameCube and Xbox with me and the other dozen systems and 200+ games in my collection are safe.

I think the only ones that will run you over 7 bucks used would be the Zeldas and Paper Mario. SM64 would be a little more (under 15 though), but with the DS one out, maybe not.

You owned Yoshi's Story? Why? It's the retarded little brother of Yoshi's Island (which I fockin' love).

KKK, I would, but she has nothing of value. Pretty much all her possessions are clothing. She spends most of ehr money on drugs and alcohol. I believe it's her right to use those if that's her choice, but not when she steals to support her habit.

As far as owning Yoshi's Story goes, my cousin rented it once and I loved it. There weren't many 2D games on the 64 at the time, and Yoshi's Story was fun despite its brevity. The graphics were amazing at the time as well.

Oh, and I got it after receiving a copy of War Gods ($10) for Christmas which I took to KMart and exchanged for the $60 Yoshi's Story. So basically the game was free.

I believe it's her right to use those if that's her choice,

Hippie.

As far as owning Yoshi's Story goes, my cousin rented it once and I loved it.  There weren't many 2D games on the 64 at the time, and Yoshi's Story was fun despite its brevity.  The graphics were amazing at the time as well.

It's not awful, it's just inferior to Yoshi's Island in almost every way (hell, I'll take traditional bitmaps + Morphmation and so forth over the plastic CGI look even, and the Yoshi Song in Story.....ARGH), but it's one of those handful of N64 seqgrades that are frankly the pits compared to the classics. I'll forgive you because you have Mischief Makers, though.

Oh, most of the wrestling games will run you from 50 cents to $1.00 used, ditto with Madden, etc.

9. Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (gold)

10. Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (gold)

If she stole your stuff, you should report her for theft. That being said...

The above games are like $30-40 if you find them used in a store, but if not 50-60 from someone else.

At least if you are going for the gold cartridge. It'll be less if normal.

Guest Fook

If you want, you should be able to find those games on emulator.

You still need to put peroxide in her shampoo or something though.

Since you have a cube you should get the Zelda games on the bonus disc. You could also get RE 2 on the Cube.

You really can't miss those sports games..

I wonder how much your sister got for your games. Probably not much, and whoever bought them probably got a good deal.

Wow, that sucks. I would have reported her to the police as the ultimate revenge.

Well, anyways, you should be able to replace your collection. Most of the wrestling games aren't over a dollar nowadays. The Zelda games are over 10 bucks.

Guest Failed Mascot
KKK, I would, but she has nothing of value.

whore her out...

That was going to be my suggestion.

Paper Mario will run you $30. I recently grabbed my brother's N64(that I bought him as a gift back in the day) when he was going to have it placed up in the attic. First thing I did was check prices and the most expensive games appear to be Mario 64 ($15), Conker's Bad Fur Day($25), and Paper Mario ($30).

Conker's Bad Fur Day is currently sitting at a local Toys R' Us near me for $9.99 brand new. Only N64 games they have are that and Perfect Dark. No one seems to have even looked at them in ages.

Hmm... I heard that the Zeldas were cheap and I got Conker for $10 brand new.

As far as reporting her to the police, (1) Most police officers are worthless and will do nothing, and (2) I have no proof to give them other than a witness and the fact that I found the remainder of the stuff in her possession.

Guest Failed Mascot
Conker's Bad Fur Day is currently sitting at a local Toys R' Us near me for $9.99 brand new. Only N64 games they have are that and Perfect Dark. No one seems to have even looked at them in ages.

Last I looked my Toys'R'Us had the N64 F-Zero game and Rayman 2. I had to go to EB for my games.

Conker and PD will run you used often about 5 bucks each.

But since you have an X-Box, you could get the upgraded Conker for that.

Edit: Bah, N/M.

Those games are like the Sonic 2 of N64 games as far as availability.

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent

I'd honestly send her to Judge Mathis and prosecute her to the fullest extent of the law.

Go to the Hollywood Video since they are having a buy 2 get one free sale on early generation used games.

I don't know about where you live, but that's *all* used games and it's not so much a sale but something they've done for a long time.

Problem is, the old stuff is crap like Mia Hamm soccer and the new stuff is overpriced and/or crap. The new ESPN games for 30 bucks when they only cost 20 new! Van Helsing the game for 40 bucks! GTA3 for X-Box for $24.99!!

Friggin' clueless HV. They stopped doing the Access pass for games too. Well, they wouldn't take any new ones on, and if you cancelled your's it was gone for good. Hell, for 20 bucks a month I'd have kept it if my HV didn't have piss-poor selection for new releases.

As far as reporting her to the police, (1) Most police officers are worthless and will do nothing, and (2) I have no proof to give them other than a witness and the fact that I found the remainder of the stuff in her possession.

Eh, I figure if you ask the cops, then they'll have to talk with her. I mean, you have a witness and evidence that she did it. What more do you need? Hopefully, she'll crack under he pressure and contradict herself. What have you got to lose?

Guest Failed Mascot
She's 17 and buys drugs and alcohol? What is up with today's world?

I hate to be the one to tell you this but the 1950s ended. This is nothing new.

Anyways, I went to my local Toys'R'Us while doing some Christmas shopping. I hadn't been there for a couple years and figured I'd check to see if they did have some of the N64 games that were mentioned in this thread. All I found was a large cache of Perfect Dark spread through-out the R-Zone. !0 copies here, 5 copies there, 3 copies mixed in with some old DreamCast stuff.

So if you need a copy of Perfect Dark then you can find one easily for $10 brand new at the TRU near me.

Most toy stores don't really keep up with even major department stores as far as video games. My KB has DC versions of NFL 2K1 or whatever that's going to sit there from now 'til doomday probably, because nobody is paying 25 bucks for them when EB has to practically give them away to get rid of the used ones they got.

Guest El Satanico
She's 17 and buys drugs and alcohol? What is up with today's world?

ahaha...that's some funny stuff right there...thanks for the laugh Richie Cunningham

As for the police...why waste their time with this. It's a misdemeanor.

Guest Failed Mascot
My KB has DC versions of NFL 2K1 or whatever that's going to sit there from now 'til doomday probably

The TRU I went to made its own little bundle packs. NFL 2K1, NBA 2K1, and World Series Baseball 2K1 all together for $22.95.

I also found out that KB Toys here is closing and was then told most of them in New England are closing down shop. Everything is like 40% off. Videogames are 20% off.

Sign in to follow this