TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jason

Hitler

Guest Jason

Was Hitler really that evil?

I mean every time someone comes to an argument about Hitler and the war it focuses merely on his negatives not everyone elses.

Now in my opinion this guy was almost a second coming of Jesus to the German people, he was a great talker, he would not have had the country behind him if he wasn't, and he knew exactly what they wanted to hear.

Now the Germans had been treated by all accounts very unfairly after the first world war and their economy had completely collapsed, they were in a depression unlike any we are ever likely to see, and this guy comes along and tells them it's not their fault blame it on someone who also can share the blame. The Germans like any country would embrace this man with open arms and blame others.

Now ok he had some extreme views on the perfect race, but what people forget is that in that day his views really weren't that uncommon, his refusal to give the gold medal to Jesse Owens being a prime example of his views on a master race, yet in reality was a racial view of african americans being inferior to other people really that extreme?

You may say that it is not but in this day and age we still have the Ku Klux Klan and in the United Kingdom we have the British National Party and a very heavy underlying racial problem which was highlighted in a documentary shown a while ago about the police force. Or you could turn to the recent coverage of the football where racial chants were hurled at black players in the England vs Spain match or the Real Madrid vs Bayer Leverkusen match. Ok it will never go to the extremes that Hitler went of taking something of these people but the thought is still there.

I am not trying to say that Hitler was a good man, I am not even trying to say he was not bad I am merely trying to get people to look at this from more than one angle.

Was he that evil? YES. Under his regime, it is estimated that 12 to 36 million people were killed. As for his beliefs being common at that time, that was because he was the one propagating them at the time! He is definitely one of the most evil men in history. I'm not quite sure what your point is, and if there is more to what you believe then "he's not the only racist the world has seen", I'd like to hear it.

his refusal to give the gold medal to Jesse Owens being a prime example of his views on a master race

No, I think Mein Kampf takes that honor.

Hitler refused to present the medal to Owens - Owens still got the medal, just not from Hitler.

Guest Smues

Hitler = evil. There that settles that. Although thanks to a stupid incident in high school I always laugh when I hear his name. In my friends senior English class the teacher told them they were going to talk about fables and asked if they knew who the famous fable teller was, and this kid raises his hand and says 'oo I know, Adolf!' So for the rest of the year we had a running joke about Adolf's fables. Mein Fable!

Guest Jason

And how many people were killed during Vietnam, or the Civil war? You cant say he was evil just because alot of people died. Dude, look at Ross Perault...

Guest Jason

I know he wasnt evil. No one is evil. Evil is something that surounds somone. You must not hate Hitler, or even talk badly of him. You must feel sorry for him. Because he had those awul views on mankind. Feel bad that he's rotting in Hell! You can be upset, but if you werent the one who was in those canps or under his rul;e, then you really cant say much IMO. Hitler wasnt evil, evil was just everywhere he was, and took over his decision making. I think some of it had to do with the fact that his doctor gave him these freaky deaky drugs. Im not excusing him from what he did, Im just pointing out all the factors of why he did what he did, and that he wasnt really evil.

I know he wasnt evil. No one is evil. Evil is something that surounds somone. You must not hate Hitler, or even talk badly of him. You must feel sorry for him. Because he had those awul views on mankind. Feel bad that he's rotting in Hell! You can be upset, but if you werent the one who was in those canps or under his rul;e, then you really cant say much IMO. Hitler wasnt evil, evil was just everywhere he was, and took over his decision making. I think some of it had to do with the fact that his doctor gave him these freaky deaky drugs. Im not excusing him from what he did, Im just pointing out all the factors of why he did what he did, and that he wasnt really evil. His views were just like Americas views on Black people, the only thing is, Germany wasnt full of as much freedom as America is/was.

Aww...

And now he is going to be banned and we will have to wait another 2 months or so for another kook to show up...

And how many people were killed during Vietnam, or the Civil war? You cant say he was evil just because alot of people died. Dude, look at Ross Perault...

But when you're the leader of the country and you have the idea to kill off an entire race of people and are responsible for millions of more deaths, you're evil.

Then, when you turn on your own so-called "master race" and start killing them, you've hit a new level of evil.

And when did his doctor give him these drugs? Was it before or after he dictated Mein Kampf to Josef Goebbels outlining his hatred for the Jews and wanting to create a Germanic state? I'm betting after.

And I think that the atrocities he committed in Poland to my grandfather and his family (like forcing him to fight for the Reich) gives me reason to hate him.

Guest Jason
And now he is going to be banned and we will have to wait another 2 months or so for another kook to show up...

o.k. I take any unnecesary comments back..hopefully they'll let me stay, lol..however I hope you guys understand where I'm coming from

"You must not hate Hitler, or even talk badly of him."

I CAN, AND WILL.

Jason, do you believe that the Holocaust took place? Because if you do, there is no way you can excuse what this man did.

Jason, do you believe that the Holocaust took place?  Because if you do, there is no way you can excuse what this man did.

Where has these words, or ones similar to them, been uttered before?...

Huh? Are you implying something?

I was making a Rob Johnson (or whatever he was named) reference. That's all. And I think Jason is just trying to get a discussion going since CE has been slow as of late. Problem is this idea is a dumb one, and even I knew this 20-some years ago...

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent
Chevy Chase (1975): "You know the Holocaust never happened. It's a lie perpetrated by the Jews who run this country."

Banky?

It surely was a joke.