TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Damaramu

A New College Hoops Thread.....

Anyone else bugged by ESPN's constant asskissing of college coaches? Saturday was HOF Saturday. Pretty much Vitale and the other announcers brownnosing Sutton, Knight, Cheney, Coach K, G.Williams, and R.Williams.

Wow OU actually beat UConn by 12 tonight! I was at the game and it was awesome. The crowd was jacked and I think I have more fun at basketball games than I do at football games. It was a blast.

Will someone enlighten me as to why John Cheney is in the Hall of Fame? I mean the guy has NEVER been to a Final Four. Do they just let anyone in?

Over 700 wins. Took a school that was basically dead basketball-wise and turned it into a power without the top recruits that a Duke, North Carolina or Kansas usually gets.

Oh man I can't get over how much fun that was! I love going to basketball games now! That was so awesome. I was never sitting down!

The stupid thing though is that at OU games they have the student section on the same side as the cameras. Which makes no sense b/c the students are the craziest and most animated at games. So when you watch it on TV you see the old people that don't go to the school all sitting over there on their asses meanwhile us students are standing up and going fucking nuts on our side. I don't understand it.

Oh and I think the refs at this game were awful. We got a lot of "Fuck You Ref" chants going. I mean Taj Gray was getting fucking mugged when he went to the hoop during the first half and they never called a foul. But if Kevin Bookout so much as breathed heavy in a UConn players direction it was a shooting foul. And then they called a technical on Johnnie Gilbert for hanging on the rim when he did no such thing. I thought that was stupid as well. Luckily we fought through the shitty ref'n and beat an overrated team. Yay. We had a huge "over-rated *CLAP CLAP CLAP*over-rated" chant going on. It was great.

OSU beats Mizzou in an exciting game. Man Big XII hoops are pretty damn exciting.

And Maryland is humbled at the hands of Wake Forest last night.

College Hoops are pretty good so far this season.

I'd like to say North Carolina vs. Georgia Tech is going to be a good game, but the way UNC has been handling their opponents makes me think it isn't going to be close.

Good call, Alro. I was in the rowdy student section they profiled in one of those sideline reporter bits, and we just killed them. It was awesome to see a game with the seats I had. I was 2nd row, a shade left of behind the backboard. Saw some great stuff up close, including May cursing out a ref, a missed oop and a Tech player practically falling into my lap. It was a great night, great victory.

I was also on TV five different times, which I was able to see thanks to the miracle of DVR.

Wake is going down hard. I can feel it.

Good call, Alro. I was in the rowdy student section they profiled in one of those sideline reporter bits, and we just killed them. It was awesome to see a game with the seats I had. I was 2nd row, a shade left of behind the backboard. Saw some great stuff up close, including May cursing out a ref, a missed oop and a Tech player practically falling into my lap. It was a great night, great victory.

I was also on TV five different times, which I was able to see thanks to the miracle of DVR.

Wake is going down hard. I can feel it.

You're not the only one.

I wonder what the line will be for that game.

Anyone else bugged by ESPN's constant asskissing of college coaches? Saturday was HOF Saturday. Pretty much Vitale and the other announcers brownnosing Sutton, Knight, Cheney, Coach K, G.Williams, and R.Williams.

How do you think Dickie V got to wear he is?

Thank God he's finally gotten his lips prised off of Duke and Coach K's respective dicks.

God damn UNC is good. I think the only way they go out is by one of those crazy tourney upsets that comes out of nowhere.

I think Wake may take them this weekend though.

Who does everyone see going from the power conferences right now? Like the ACC, Big East, Big XII, SEC, Pac 10, Big Ten, and so on?

There is no way to tell who is going where right now for sure. I like the Elite 8 to shape out As Oklahoma State, Illinois, North Carolina, Wake Forest, Georgia Tech, Mississippi State, Washington, and Kansas

ACC:

UNC

Wake Forest

Duke

Ga Tech

Virginia

Miami Fl

Maryland

Big East:

Boston Coll

Syracuse

Pitt

Villanova

UConn

WVU

Big XII:

Kansas

Okl St

Oklahoma

Texas

Texas A&M

SEC:

Alabama

Kentucky

Miss St

Vanderbilt

Arkansas

S Carolina

Florida

Pac 10:

Washington

Arizona

Oregon

Ariz St

UCLA

Big Ten:

Illinois

Wisconsin

Iowa

Mich St

I have to feel that UNC is peaking too early in the season. Yeah they have truly squashed some solid teams at home (Ga Tech, Maryland, even UK to some degree) but there's just something about them I don't know. Maybe it's that if you take Felton out of the lineup they lose to Santa Clara....if he gets hurt, it's another Kenyon Martin at Cincy deal.

Also, Carolina only beat a truly dreadful Indiana team by about 7 points.

Best team I have seen this year? Illinois.

Well everybody was saying Carolina had no bench coming into this year, now all of a sudden they one of the best benches in the nation. I think that's been a big part of their success this year, coupled with the fact that they have four highly worthy all-Acc players on their team. Best Carolina team since '93-'96 easily.

I'm just afraid that Illinois is turning out to be another Stanford. They dominate the conference and season and then get upset in the tourney. I just see them getting upset in the tourney.

Nah, the Pac Ten was extremely weak last year, and Stanford didn't play a very tough OOC schedule which allowed them to be somewhat of a paper tiger.

Illinois absolutely dominated Wake Forest and Gonzaga to the point where I have no doubt that they're legit. If they don't make it to the Final Four, it would be an absolute shock.

Nah, the Pac Ten was extremely weak last year, and Stanford didn't play a very tough OOC schedule which allowed them to be somewhat of a paper tiger.

Illinois absolutely dominated Wake Forest and Gonzaga to the point where I have no doubt that they're legit. If they don't make it to the Final Four, it would be an absolute shock.

Besides the ACC, which is excellent. The other major conferences all seem to be down this season.

I just don't understand Oklahoma State watching them play sometimes. They look average in the first half and usually all behind. Then they come out in the 2nd half and blow their opponent out.

They did it in the tournament last year too.

Oh well next weekend I'm going to the OU/Texas game in Norman. I didn't think we would win until I watched Texas play at A&M and now I think we have a chance. I think we might have a chance to protect home all season......except against OSU. I'm being realistic I don't know if anyone in the Big XII can take them.

Tough game today. Can't win em all. It's a shame we don't get Wake on our court, I think it would be a much different story.

I think we might have a chance to protect home all season......except against OSU. I'm being realistic I don't know if anyone in the Big XII can take them.

I wouldn't be surprised to see them get their first Big XII loss tonight. If not then, going to Lawrence to beat the Jayhawks will be quite a tall order.

I think we might have a chance to protect home all season......except against OSU. I'm being realistic I don't know if anyone in the Big XII can take them.

I wouldn't be surprised to see them get their first Big XII loss tonight. If not then, going to Lawrence to beat the Jayhawks will be quite a tall order.

OSU? They won today. That's what I was talking about.

I think OU will have a rough time on the road in the Big XII.

OSU? They won today. That's what I was talking about.

I think OU will have a rough time on the road in the Big XII.

Sorry, I meant Monday night (at Texas).

EDIT: You're going to need to change your McNabb picture in your sig.

A big fuck you to ABC for having the Louisville-Cincinnat game, and not UNC-WF.

It's great living in Carolina, all the games are televised this year except one.

As for the loss, I have confidence in them. I think they can beat any other team in the ACC on any court. They'll hopefully have another chance at 'em in the ACC tournament.

The three big mistakes made by Carolina today:

1. Too many fouls. Of course nobody expected Wake to go 32-32 in foul shots, but that was a big difference maker in the game.

2. Too many open looks for Wake, several threes, a couple open dunks, they can't make mistakes like that if they hope to make it far in March.

3. Too many bad passes and decisions on offense. The turning point in the game was when May turned it over on the outlet pass and then Wake hit a three immediately after.

Well, we go to Clemson Wednesday so let's put this behind us and look to the future. Hopefully we'll get a chance for revenge.

Guest Flyboy
Tough game today. Can't win em all. It's a shame we don't get Wake on our court, I think it would be a much different story.

... Not really.

U of L and Cincy was on CBS and not ABC, silly. Besides it was the BETTER GAME anyway, as my boys did a near miracle rally in the 2nd half (down 14 or so) and beat the evil Huggins by 3! I'm having a hard time figuring U of L out this year, we job out to HOUSTON of all teams and then win at Cincy.

Around here I flipped back and forth between U of L, the Wake/UNC game, and UK's assraping of Georgia (payback's a bitch, guys).

I hope today will finally tone down this UNC bullshit. From the past 2 weeks you'd think these guys were the 2nd coming of Christ or something....they're just a nice solid top 10 team who isn't terribly invincible away from home.

Illinois is NOT a paper tiger like Stanford was last year. They have truly fucked up Wake (you know, the guys who beat UNC today), Gonzaga, and also Cincy.

I'll tell you who I think really IS the flukish team: Kansas. They are looking like the UK from last year of this year, if that makes any sense. They are getting lucky as shit in all sorts of ugly, close games (Vermont, S. Carolina, A and M, UK, even Iowa St.). They just aren't a very overpowering team and don't be shocked if they lose a 1/8 type matchup to someone like, I dunno, Charlotte. Kansas isn't like Stanford per se, who was getting miracle type luck...UK was just winning close, ugly games. Eventually your luck runs out when you struggle to hit 70 pts. a game.

But still why in the hell was Wake-UNC not on in the Midwest, instead I got Michigan vs Penn State, and Iowa vs Minnesota. Does anyone think Michigan gets if they go 10-6 or so in the Big 10. With all of their injuries they are still 12-5 with 4 of those losses coming to Georgia Tech, Arizona, UCLA, and Providence with three of those being really close games. I think they can get in at 20-10 with an at large and good showing in the conference tourney