TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CBright7831

Paul Heyman Released

Guest The Shadow Behind You

True. Heyman's too abrasive and opinionated then, much less now. Still need to get rid of Lawler though. There's no excuse for Matthews to be wasted on Velocity.

I still can't figure out how Vince can rave about Paul's genius on the dvd (a public statement) and yet fire him for attempting to do the same thing that he praised him for.

I mean it's one thing to constantly go against your daughter but why not listen to the man with a proven track record, who literally created the ideas YOU stole to revitalize your company and then screw him over in favor for your daughter whose reign has sent the company down further.

It's on a delay now though. Heyman worked the pre-Janet era of live tv. Now i believe everythings like 20 seconds delayed.

I'm sure that Heyman could generate more than a 20 second long tirade. They'd propably just go to commercial!

I mean it's one thing to constantly go against your daughter but why not listen to the man with a proven track record, who literally created the ideas YOU stole to revitalize your company and then screw him over in favor for your daughter whose reign has sent the company down further.

This is the big problem with family businesses.

Vince would rather placate Steph & Trips than listen to them and the entire writing team bitch about it....despite the fact that a good percentage of the locker room would prefer Heyman in power.

The writing team are pretty much yes men writing for Vince's amusement anyway, so it's hard for Heyman to break that pattern.

Dames

Guest sek69

I spotted a flaw in the "make Heyman a RAW announcer" plan:

someone who can put some one over

Silly rabbit, RAW announcers don't put people over, their job is to constantly remind people how Evolution is the greatest stable in wrestling history.

If no one from Evolution is wrestling, then their job is to give constant updates on Evolution: their thoughts, motivations, and how many pumps it takes for HHH to drop his man batter all over Stephanie's love canal.

it's become clear that the dvd besides making a profit (I doubt Vince expected THAT type of reaction however) was Vince's way of saying "Thanks for those years, you got your credit, now get the fuck outta here" to Heyman.

AJ Styles and Sean O' Haire

Without question; they were getting a good push as the show left the air.

Nitro was going a younger direction in late 2000 early 2001 with some really good younger workers like AJ Styles with Scott Steiner and Booker T being the headliners at the time.

IIRC, AJ Styles only appeared a couple times, and that was teaming w/ Air Paris, so I don't see where he was getting a "good push". There's a good chance they would have kept him around, but he would have been in w/ the other cruisers mainly (IMO) and not anywhere near the ME scene.

I was going under the assumption AJ would break out like he did on the indy scene and rose to the top of TNA just as well.

Sean O'Haire really got the shaft when WCW died, didn't he?

Such wasted potential with those Devil's Advocate skits. He talks about all of the evils in the world and has beautifully produced promo's, only for him to debut and tell Spanky that it's ok to go streaking.

Fucking company.

Dames

Actually looking back Jason Jett was also getting a push and so were the other NBT's of Palumbo, Jindrak and Sanders.

WCW 2001 was awesome.

who was booking wcw at this time? because that person loved him some cw wrestling.

Such wasted potential with those Devil's Advocate skits. He talks about all of the evils in the world and has beautifully produced promo's, only for him to debut and tell Spanky that it's ok to go streaking.

Fucking company.

Dames

Sticking him as Piper's henchman is what did him in.

SANDERS~! I almost forgot about him. God, I loved that guy.

Jason Jett (EZ Money of ECW fame) did his thing in TNA for about...3 weeks. That's the last I saw of him.

So many wasted opportunities.

Dames

Such wasted potential with those Devil's Advocate skits.  He talks about all of the evils in the world and has beautifully produced promo's, only for him to debut and tell Spanky that it's ok to go streaking. 

Fucking company. 

Dames

Sticking him as Piper's henchman is what did him in.

At that point, he was practically starting over since his initial push was so mishandled.

Then Piper left and he was SOL.

Dames

Actually looking back Jason Jett was also getting a push and so were the other NBT's of Palumbo, Jindrak and Sanders.

WCW 2001 was awesome.

who was booking wcw at this time? because that person loved him some cw wrestling.

I think at this time they were back to a writing team headed by Johnny Ace.

Johnny Ace? the same guy who is employed by WWE now?

WTF?

Makes sense because it was tag team heavy and clean finishes galore.

Johnny Ace? the same guy who is employed by WWE now?

WTF?

Makes sense because it was tag team heavy and clean finishes galore.

Yes, same guy.

He's got Jim Ross's old position of Head of Talent Relations now.

Dames

Fuck you vince.

You had Paul Heyman and Johnny Ace and Scott Levy and Tommy Dreamer and Arn Anderson and Jim Cornette on your payroll and you put Your fucking daughter and a couple failed hollywood writers on your staff instead?

I hope your compay burns to the ground quicker then it is already.

<-Waiting for The DSW. (Dames Smark Wrestling) to take over the industry.

How about this, Shadow. Out of all of those names you mentioned, only Levy & Heyman are gone.

...and I'd never name my fed that.

Dames

replace Steamboat in Levy's spot as well.

So basically, they have had billions of chances to do great things and they don't.

and yes DSW would never happened. Just a fake name.

Terry Taylor, Ed Ferrara, Johnny Ace and other agents were the booking crew for WCW from the fall of '00 to the end in March of '01.

The thing about Sean O'Haire when we was on never-ending Velocity duty was that not only had his timing MUCH improved to the point where he was wrestling decent matches, but despite being a heel he was getting a positive reaction from the crowd, which says something when you're a heel squashing face jobbers. Had some good charisma going.

I don't understand it. Big guy, great look, acceptable wrestling ability, excellent promo, could even fly to a pretty good degree... and they let him go. You'd think they'd be creaming themselves. I mean, wouldn't a fully pushed face Lesnar vs heel O'Haire be the WWE's dream match or something?

The thing about Sean O'Haire when we was on never-ending Velocity duty was that not only had his timing MUCH improved to the point where he was wrestling decent matches, but despite being a heel he was getting a positive reaction from the crowd, which says something when you're a heel squashing face jobbers. Had some good charisma going.

I don't understand it. Big guy, great look, acceptable wrestling ability, excellent promo, could even fly to a pretty good degree... and they let him go. You'd think they'd be creaming themselves. I mean, wouldn't a fully pushed face Lesnar vs heel O'Haire be the WWE's dream match or something?

Apparently making good television isn't part of their dream. :

Guest LooneyTune

Actually I heard O'Haire was shit in promos when they were done live (when taped, you can do many takes and no one would know), which is 1 reason why he was depushed. The other was Piper getting fired, thus screwing over an angle he was in, and the final one was disrespecting the Undertaker or something.

Guest LooneyTune

He also didn't introduce himself to the Undertaker until he ran out of people to talk to.

I thought that was Chuck Pulumbo who didn't shake Droz's hand. Either way, it's just an excuse used by guys like the Undertaker to hold former WCW guys down. They want to keep their spots and honestly if you had a nice spot, would you want to give it up? And give it up to someone who was considered the enemy and only came because they had nowhere else to go?

Guest LooneyTune

Both Palumbo and O'Haire didn't shake his hand. All of a sudden, they drop the Tag Titles, O'Haire disapears, and Palumbo becomes a Jobber, then becomes Billy's partner. Then Undertaker squashed him about 50 times when he was in the FBI.

amazingly the WORST of the NBT is a feature player on the side of the #2 heel(angle).

I bet he shook Droz's and Taker's hand.

Does anybody know why Vince started getting these dumbfuck writers anyways? I mean who the hell was writing during Hogans run and those great stories that seemed like they went on for years(Hogan/Andre right into MegaPowers and dragging on into Warrior/Savage)?! The Hogan Andre angle lasted forever into two wrestlemanias and spawned more great stories and elevated Savage,Warrior and Dibease into top spots too. And Austin's run should at least still be fresh in Vince's head. I just don't understand why he does the things that he does. Are we in Smark land the only ones that notice or do normal fans just not care. What the hell a normal fan is Ill never know 'casue I don't know any. But where have the creative minds that shot this company to the moon gone and when will they come back to kick these unsuccessful posers to the curb? BTW what is the difference now between a booker and a writer? I hope Heyman is released because it's obvious that they will never do anything with him so he'd be better off trying his hand at another company. Is his debt to Vine repaid now ya think?