TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
rising up out of the back seat-nuh

How many cats would it take to kill a man?

Ok, the first 10 or so cats would go down before any real injury has occured. Sooner or later an attack by the cats would be able to injure the lower leg enough that one or maybe even both achilles tendons are damaged. That sets up at about 30 cats so far. Using a cat as a spinning club would take out a decent amount of cats, but it would be necesary to get a replacement cat due to tail snapage. Once that occurs, the loss of blood so far and the lack of weapon would allow the cats to start attacking places higher on the body. Rolling then would be used to try to kill cats that way, but you would end up hitting the pile of dead cats and be unable to roll further, sealing the loss, when the cats are then free to rip you apart. Total cats needed, 84.

I think you underestimate the tactical nous of the average cat Pissblock. The scenario you describes is dependant on all the cats attacking in waves. A much more likely prospect is the cats surrounding the naked man and attacking both on the ground and via the medium of jump.

I think Deon's closer. It's very difficult to kill a motivated cat.

Average domestic cats, you said. If we're talking alleycats, the number is reduced greatly. I also factored in the playful aspect of the cats, making the human thinks he has a better chance than he really does by sending out the fodder to start. And really, cat's natural arrogance will cause them to underestimate the human anyway.

It would have to take more than one cat. If I knew I was in a fight to the death with a cat, I wouldn't let it get anywhere near my throat. I'd kick the fuck out of the little shit before it could get there. Maybe it would take two if one could provide an extremely good distraction, but even then I doubt it.

I'd go for 5. One from the front, acting as a sacrifical lamb, two from the sides who cause general scratches to the leg and arms, the fourth cat attacks from behind while you're unaware, disorientating the victim, cat number 5 gets the jugular. Voila, a cat victory.

People seem to take it for granted that a housecat can rip out a man's jugular easily. Their mouths aren't that big. On the other hand, killing a cat is likely not as simple as kicking it. They are tough and flexible little guys. It would take a large number of cats to kill a man. Death is likely going to come from bleeding. If they get you down though, they would probably take out your eyes.

liger4.jpg

^^

However if it's a tiger bred with a lion for its skills in magic, you're screwed.