TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MikeJordan23

2005 NFL Schedule

Guest Failed Mascot

That sig causes all sorts of freaking lag.

Anyways, are they just gonna have Manning continue to go to Foxboro year in and year out until he actually wins one there? This is getting ridiculous.

That sig causes all sorts of freaking lag.

Anyways, are they just gonna have Manning continue to go to Foxboro year in and year out until he actually wins one there? This is getting ridiculous.

The Pats better have Ty Law healthy or the Pats might lose to the Colts in two weeks

What's so rare about the schedules? It seems like the same schedule that is fed every year.

Specifically the NFC East vs. AFC West puts some really rare/interesting match ups (Though not particularly good teams now Raiders vs. Dallas seems pretty cool, for example) There's a few listed that have me intrigued, anyway.

Guest Vitamin X

What is it with all the repeat out-of-division opponents? Carolina and Philly on the road AGAIN?

Cool... the AFC South gets the shittiest division in football next year, the NFC West! And, judging by the Jags' schedule, it actually looks kinda easy, at least 10 wins provided there aren't any major injuries.

Guest The Shadow Behind You

Indy, Green Bay, Minnesota @ Home? Nice.

I think we can get another Monday Night Game; I'd make it the Green Bay game or Pittsburgh @ Home.

We get to walk over Cleveland, Detroit, Chicago, Tennessee...thats 5 easy wins. we'll have to earn the other 5 games.

I say we take one from balitmore and pittsburgh, take out the Chiefs, Vikings and Houston.

GB and Jax are possible. We have a good chance to prove ourselves.

Buffalo, Miami, N.Y. Jets, Denver, Kansas City, Atlanta, Carolina, Pittsburgh

That's New England's road games, fairly tough. Home schedule is no cakewalk either, San Diego and Indy coming in. It'll be interesting to see how they defend Vick.

Guest The Shadow Behind You

I'm honestly shocked unless I missed it; that they resisted Manning Vs Manning.

Chicago beating Cincy? with what? Your (if we play after week 5) 3rd string QB?

Chicago beating Cincy? with what? Your (if we play after week 5) 3rd string QB?

You honestly believe Chicago would be going in with CHAD HUTCHINSON? Trust me, they will do something about their quarterback situation this offseason, and even if they do use Hutchinson, their defense is more than enough to shut down Palmer and his inconsistent offense.

"What is it with all the repeat out-of-division opponents? Carolina and Philly on the road AGAIN? "

the schedule is pretty pre-determined so nothing you can do to avoid it

each teams plays 3 home and 3 away games with their own division

2 home and 2 away with a rotating division in their confrence

2 home and 2 away with a rotating division in the opposite confrence

1 home and 1 away with the corresponding finishers in the other 2 divisions in their confrence as in , for example, steelers finish in 1st so next year they must play the 1st place teams in the AFC East and AFC West (because they already play the AFC South next year)

every team is GUARANTEED to play every other team at least every 3rd year (if same confrence) or every 4th year (opposite confrence) :headbang:

Ravens are going to have a time at home next year not counting division games..

Home - Houston, Indianapolis, Green Bay, Minnesota, N.Y. Jets

Their away schedule is a bit better..

Away - Jacksonville, Tennessee, Chicago, Detroit, Denver

New Orleans-

Home: Atlanta, Carolina, Tampa Bay, Chicago, Detroit, Buffalo, Miami, N.Y. Giants

Away: Atlanta, Carolina, Tampa Bay, Green Bay, Minnesota, New England, N.Y. Jets, St. Louis

Hrm... I've seen better schedules.

Chicago, Detriot, and Miami are a welcome addition, but not as home games.

New England, the Jets, Green Bay, and Minnesota aren't matchups I'm looking forward to. (That Vikings game was downright UGLY this year)

H - Houston, Jacksonville, Tennessee, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Arizona, St. Louis, San Diego

A - Houston, Jacksonville, Tennessee, Baltimore, Cincinnati, San Francisco, Seattle, New England

I love our schedule. We have tough road games in Bal, NE and Jax while at home only Pit, SD and Jax post problems. Much better than this year.

H - Dallas, N.Y. Giants, Washington, San Francisco, Seattle, Oakland, San Diego, Green Bay

A - Dallas, N.Y. Giants, Washington, Arizona, St. Louis, Denver, Kansas City, Atlanta

Not that bad of a schedule. Getting San Diego and Green Bay in Philly helps, and I think Atlanta is a winnable game down there. Arizona always seems to give the Eagles trouble, and who knows if Good or Evil Plummer shows up in Denver.

Tennessee:

Home- Houston, Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Baltimore, Cincinnati, San Francisco, Seattle, Oakland

Away- Houston, Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Arizona, St. Louis, Miami

A rather good schedule with the cruddy NFC West and fellow bottom feeders in Oakland, Cleveland and Miami, this combined with the #4 draft pick and the fact that surely it's not possible to have as many injuries again as they did this season should lead to improvement, probably not enough to get back in the playoff hunt but with the high turnover of playoff teams most seasons lately you never know. Getting back to .500 should be achieveable at least.

Home: - Buffalo, Miami, N.Y. Jets, Oakland, San Diego, New Orleans, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis

Road - Buffalo, Miami, N.Y. Jets, Denver, Kansas City, Atlanta, Carolina, Pittsburgh

Man, if the Pats do go back-to-back, they'll have a bitch of a time trying for a three-peat. The six divisional games are always tough, but they will also have 4 games against playoff teams and two against ones that almost made it in, all on the road. The home schedule is a bit easier, with Oakland, New Orleans and Tampa, but they will face two more '04 playoff teams. I just hope their bye week isn't in Week 3 again.

I wonder if somebody from Philidelphia makes these schedules, because for the past four years, its been very easy for them.

All first place teams in the conference divisions play each other(this year the Eagles played last year's first place teams from the North, South, and West: Green Bay, Carolina, and St.Louis.)

One division's teams(NFC East for example) will play another division's teams on a rotating basis(NFC East vs. NFC North this year, NFC East vs. NFC West next year, NFC East vs. NFC South the year after that.)

Also an NFC division's teams will play an AFC divison's teams every year (NFC East vs. AFC North this year, NFC East vs. AFC West next year.)

Skins hardest games besides the obvious two against the Eagles will be Denver & Kansas City on the road. Hopefully the Denver road game is in the early part of the season where the weather is not too awful. It should be interesting to see Coles vs. Bailey as they get to take their old practice rivalry to the actual field now. Of course Bailey isn't looking half has good as he did in Washington.

Interesting schedule the 49ers have here....

Home: Arizona, St. Louis, Seattle, Dallas, N.Y. Giants, Houston, Indianapolis, Tampa Bay

Road: Arizona, St. Louis, Seattle, Philadelphia, Washington, Jacksonville, Tennessee, Chicago

The 49ers face Houston for the first time ever... Get paid a visit by Peyton Manning, and go on the road to Philadelphia...

Not to mention the fact that the Cowboys make a trip out to San Francisco, too.

That game will generate plenty of smack talk.

Dallas -

H - N.Y. Giants, Philadelphia, Washington, Arizona, St. Louis, Denver, Kansas City, Detroit

A - N.Y. Giants, Philadelphia, Washington, San Francisco, Seattle, Oakland, San Diego, Carolina

Lets see: 2 wins against Washington, 1 against New York, 1 against Arizona, 1 against Oakland, 1 against San Fran, and with some defense and Vinny not starting one against Kansas City. So Dallas will be 7-9 next season. They could win more but they need to just get rid of Vinny and look for a brand new QB and keep him, weed or no weed.