TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Vern Gagne

Favorite TD celebrations

The Saints group leapfrog was my favorite. Made no sense what so ever, and was a riot.

T.O.'s Jack Lalane celebration. Didn't have the hupla of some of the others, but i enjoyed it.

A new one would be James Brown's famous "Exhausted Routine".

I am partial to the fun bunch, being a 'Skins fan. The best was when they were playing the Cowboys and when they scored a TD, just about the entire offense surrounded the cornerback and did the group high five with him in the middle. The banning of the fun bunch led to the NFL nickname "No Fun League"

The Icky Shuffle was great because anyone could do it. It's still my personal favorite.

Maybe for a new celebration, one guy can pose like Michaelangelo's David, and then he teammates stand back and take a minute to reflect on said players' grace and beauty.

didn't he kinda sorta re-hash that this past season, only he stood on one of the endzone stars?

Yes, he did re-enact the star celebration, but used the one in the end zone this time.

My favorite is the aforementioned "Fun Bunch" by the 'Skins.

Technically, my favorite is Barry Sanders handing the ball to the official and jogging of the field without a celebration, showing more class in one action than a TO or Moss will do in their entire careers.

Yes, TO did stand on the endzone star this year. That's ok though...Roy got even a month later.

I liked the Rams' Bob-N-Weave during their Super Bowl year, which, of course, was promptly banned by the league.

And, as much as I dislike TO, his Sharpie thing was great, as was Joe Horn's cell phone.

Guest Vitamin X

I thought the Bob and Weave was kinda stupid. I did, however, love Gilbert Brown's "Gravedigger" surely for visual purposes of seeing a near-400 pound man fake shoveling dirt on an opponent. It's funnier seeing it.

Technically, my favorite is Barry Sanders handing the ball to the official and jogging of the field without a celebration, showing more class in one action than a TO or Moss will do in their entire careers.

I agree with this, but you'd find running backs are usually more modest than receivers when it comes to football. You need to have an ego when you play receiver or cornerback, confidence is more the word I'm looking for, but it goes to the point of ego for a lot of these guys (Moss, T.O., Joe Horn, etc.) and anyone who's played football before knows this pretty well.

when you get hit by grown men running at you full speed for a living, celebrating a touchdown isn't classless. It is a well earned reward.

Guest webmasterofwrestlegame

I like it when the Vikings TE Jermaine Wiggings drops the elbow on the ball. He doesn't do the big man 'jump up before you miss the elbow', but he does tap the elbow before driving it down.

Guest The Gecko
-Eddie Kennison (?) on the Chiefs doing the Worm

Johnnie Morton is the Chiefs' WR who does the worm.

I loved the Bob-N-Weave, it meant nothing sure, but it was just cool to see all the guys come together like that and have a unified celebration.

There's still ego involved there. IIRC, Sanders reasoning for handing the ball over was because he knew he'd be back in the endzone.

And, as much as I dislike TO, his Sharpie thing was great, as was Joe Horn's cell phone.

I liked the Texans spoof of the cellphone, where Carr and a couple of OLs were searching the goalpost for a cellphone but couldn't find one. And naturally, they were fined.

IIRC, in the inaugural year of the new Browns, they scored a TD off a fake FG when holder Chris Gardocki ran it in. Kicker Phil Dawson ran in to celebrate when Gardocki lobbed the ball to him so Dawson could kick it to the crowd.

Though not on a TD, the greatest celebration of all time might be Bill Grammatica ripping his ACL after putting his team up 3-0 in the first quarter with a field goal.

when you get hit by grown men running at you full speed for a living, celebrating a touchdown isn't classless. It is a well earned reward.

They're paid millions of dollars to score touchdowns, and getting hit by full grown men is justpart of the hazard of the occupation.

And, truthfully, I really don't have much problem with celebrations ... I just am a firm believer in "act like you've been there before".

There's still ego involved there. IIRC, Sanders reasoning for handing the ball over was because he knew he'd be back in the endzone.
Oh, I have no problems with ego ... I have a problem with acting low-class.

Though I would want to see it from the back view, I'm quite interesting in seeing the new touchdown celebration Moss has threatened to do.

You know, the "whipping out his dick" one.

Joe_Buck.jpg

"OH MY GOD! IS THAT A THIRD LEG? NO, IT ISN'T! It's unacceptable! It's disgusting and repulsive! SLAMALAMA, WHAT A DING DONG!"

Guest Flyboy
I also like Culpepper's "rolling" hand gesture.

I do as well. I was also a HUGE fan of Jon Kitna's TD celebrations when he was the starting Cincy QB last year.

As cool as all the dances and shit are, I just like seeing them really overjoyed at a score to the point where they look like kids playing instead of grown men. I always point to that when cynics try to say it's all about the money.