TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
spman

Rob Van Dam DVD

I went out to a few stores today looking for the RVD DVD, but so far have turned up with nothing. Amazon.com has it listed as a "Special Order" title which is usually code for "It hasn't shipped yet or we ran out of copies". Has anyone seen it in stores today?

Guest Hass of Pain

Yeah, I went to Best Buy today to pick up Curb Your Enthusiasm Season 3 and asked to look at it and they said it was definitely delayed until the first of Feb.

Guest The Shadow Behind You

I wonder if this turns out to be another Kurt Angle DVD.

Remember they had a Angle dvd planned for released and cut it a month ahead of scheduled release.

I have a feeling One of a Kind never hits shelfs

From the WrestlingObserver.com/Dave Meltzer update earlier today:

The Rob Van Dam DVD, scheduled for nationwide release today, was pushed back to an official 2/1 release date, which is why there has been no promotional push geared toward it as of yet.

Guest The Shadow Behind You
Why the hell ISN'T there a Kurt Angle DVD? That'd be fucking sweet.

as i mentioned above; they had one scheduled for release but took it off.

Angle DVD has to be impossible considering most of his peak 2000-2002 is blurry stuff.

Angle 2003-04 isn't promising.

Why the hell ISN'T there a Kurt Angle DVD?  That'd be fucking sweet.

My guess is that they'd prefer to release it when Kurt is a face instead of while he's still one of the major heels on SD.

Yeah, I know--the HHH DVDs--but that's HHH, who gets face pops often anyways and is booked as invincible and cool.

EDIT: Oh yeah--and as Shadow pointed out, the F crap is probably a biggie.

Its not that hard to blur it out. Look at the later matches on the Foley DVD.

Triple H's 2 DVDs were actually released while he was a face, though.

It's been pushed back to February 1st for a while now. I have it on my wish list at DVD Aficionado, and Feb. 1st is the date they've had there for at least a month, IIRC.

Guest Askewniverse

Remember they had a Angle dvd planned for released and cut it a month ahead of scheduled release.

The major difference though, is that the cover art and specs/match listings have already been released for RVD's DVD. No info was ever formally released for Angle's DVD.

It's possible that stores already received shipments of the RVD DVD. A lot of DVD titles are shipped several weeks before street date. However, they're not allowed to sell those titles until the official street date. Some stores will break street date anyway, which is how people often receive certain titles early. As an example, I remember someone on this board saying that he got Eddie's DVD (I think it was from Wal-Mart) several weeks before street date.

The major difference though, is that the cover art and specs/match listings have already been released for RVD's DVD. No info was ever formally released for Angle's DVD.

It's possible that stores already received shipments of the RVD DVD. A lot of DVD titles are shipped several weeks before street date. However, they're not allowed to sell those titles until the official street date. Some stores will break street date anyway, which is how people often receive certain titles early. As an example, I remember someone on this board saying that he got Eddie's DVD (I think it was from Wal-Mart) several weeks before street date.

Yeah, depending on distribution they can show up even as early as three weeks that I've seen. If you ever see some store that puts stuff out early and it is a store you don't really like, there are hotline numbers to report it and those who are caught get a pretty hefty fine.

I was one of the ones who got Eddie's DVD early from Wal-Mart. I think it was about a week ahead of its official street date.

I also managed to get the most recent Mick Foley DVD from Best Buy a few days ahead of its scheduled release date about a year ago.

That reminds me to keep an eye open the next time I'm at Wal-Mart, which will be tomorrow, since I'm scheduled to work. I'll post if I find anything.

-Ben

blurrimania

Blurring isn't the problem. It's removing whenever anyone says "WWF" and reproducing it so that it doesn't come across as awkward.

Blurring comes across as inconvenient and distracting, but it's nothing the WWE production team can't do.

If you ever see some store that puts stuff out early and it is a store you don't really like, there are hotline numbers to report it and those who are caught get a pretty hefty fine.

Think its like ten grand per item sold, which usually amounts to at least like 50 sold in a week, so that's like fifty thousand. Then multiply that by at least 100 stores breaking it, which they then check to see, and that's like five hundreed thousand dollars they are losing. Sure pocket change for a company that size, but it negates any profits that item makes.

Oh, and before you report them, buy the DVD (game, book, etc), THEN report them. This way you get the best of both worlds. Ratting the idiots out and getting your item early.

If you ever see some store that puts stuff out early and it is a store you don't really like, there are hotline numbers to report it and those who are caught get a pretty hefty fine.

Think its like ten grand per item sold, which usually amounts to at least like 50 sold in a week, so that's like fifty thousand. Then multiply that by at least 100 stores breaking it, which they then check to see, and that's like five hundreed thousand dollars they are losing. Sure pocket change for a company that size, but it negates any profits that item makes.

Oh, and before you report them, buy the DVD (game, book, etc), THEN report them. This way you get the best of both worlds. Ratting the idiots out and getting your item early.

Your math is absolutely dreadful:

Ten grand per item sold X 50 in a week = $500,000

$500,000 X 100 stores breaking the rule = $50,000,000

You didn't happen to take your math courses through one of those mail-order high school diploma plans, did ya?

:bonk:

I got mine on Ebay and it arrived on Sasturday.

Ah, but we don't have Sasturday here on Earth. Alien planets always receive their items early.

Its not that hard to blur it out. Look at the later matches on the Foley DVD.

Triple H's 2 DVDs were actually released while he was a face, though.

Okay--that's actually kind of surprising, because his true "face" runs seemed like blink-and-you'll-miss-it kind of affairs.

So I guess that's a little more support on the "wait for a face turn" front.

My guess is that they'd prefer to release it when Kurt is a face instead of while he's still one of the major heels on SD.

Yeah, I know--the HHH DVDs--but that's HHH, who gets face pops often anyways and is booked as invincible and cool.

EDIT: Oh yeah--and as Shadow pointed out, the F crap is probably a biggie.

The HHH DVDs, like the Hogan and nWo ones, were released when blurring was a non-issue. That's why none of the above are available right now.

You didn't happen to take your math courses through one of those mail-order high school diploma plans, did ya?

My mind was on other things, so I botched it. Like the discussion on fandom in Sports that I'm participating in.

My bad, but still, it pretty much kills whatever they make on the DVD.

My mind was on other things, so I botched it. Like the discussion on fandom in Sports that I'm participating in.

My bad, but still, it pretty much kills whatever they make on the DVD.

You're right there. Profit margins on DVD's and movies are usually about 25-35%, so it's at least taking a big chunk out of it, that's for sure.

is this set just matches, or is there a main feature?

Ill probably pick it up just for the hard to find matches from wcw and some more ecw footage. I am not a big RVD mark or anything.

and about blurring. if they didnt do that would the Fund sue them again? is that why? vince should just pay them off and get rid of the blurring and eiditing

Why the FUCK don't they just black out the F part off WWF so that its the WWE logo instead of blurring? I watched Foley's DVD tonight and it was annoying as hell, wrestlers often crossed into the blur and would become blur. That's lazy editing.

Ill probably pick it up just for the hard to find matches from wcw and some more ecw footage. I am not a big RVD mark or anything.

and about blurring. if they didnt do that would the Fund sue them again? is that why? vince should just pay them off and get rid of the blurring and eiditing

The matches are the main feature.

I just picked up a copy during my lunch break today. Note to my fellow Canadians: It's at HMV now.

Ill probably pick it up just for the hard to find matches from wcw and some more ecw footage.  I am not a big RVD mark or anything.

and about blurring.  if they didnt do that would the Fund sue them again? is that why? vince should just pay them off and get rid of the blurring and eiditing

The matches are the main feature.

I just picked up a copy during my lunch break today. Note to my fellow Canadians: It's at HMV now.

What's up with Canada getting a WWE release before we do? I thought they were usually a month or so behind us.

It's a conspiracy! :boxing: