TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Vitamin X

Simon Cowell blasts Beyonce...

Guest Vitamin X

Wasn't sure if this belonged in the Music or the TV forum, but decided it should go here anyways, all things considered..

NEW YORK (AP) - One of music's harshest critics doesn't think Beyonce is so bootylicious. Simon Cowell, a judge on Fox television's ``American Idol,'' has some choice words about the 23-year-old singer.

``I find the whole Beyonce thing really mystifying,'' Cowell says in Esquire magazine, on newsstands Friday. ``She's not sexy, she hasn't got a great body and she's not a great singer.''

But Cowell defends a more maligned figure: Ashlee Simpson, who was caught lip-synching on NBC's ``Saturday Night Live.''

``Why should you have to do something substandard just for the sake of being real? If it sounds better with the vocal you recorded, why shouldn't people listen to that? There's almost a witch-hunt mentality about people miming,'' he said.

The British talent judge also came out swinging on several other subjects.

On President Bush: ``He could almost be a robot.''

On marriage: ``At the end of the day, it's an incredibly unfair contract.''

On France: ``We (the British) have hated the French for years. Now you (the United States) have just joined the club. It makes you much more likable.''

The fourth season of ``American Idol'' premiered Tuesday night.

In response to the part I bolded.. WHUT DA FUK?

Guest netslob
"She's not sexy, she hasn't got a great body and she's not a great singer."

thus proving, once and for all, that he's a fag...big surprise.

Guest BrokenWings

Have you seen his ex?!

Because he thinks some lame-ass black singer is bad, that makes him gay? Que?!

Personally, I agree with him.

I wouldn't call Simon gay...this is the same guy that took a vacation to the Bahamas and took his current girlfriend and his ex.

Another reason why Amiercan Idol sucks.

She's not sexy

Yeah okay Simon. She probably one of the most sexy women in the music business.

she hasn't got a great body

That ass isn't amazing or anything.

and she's not a great singer

Wow, what a dumb fuck. She has one of the best voices there is.

How can ANYONE take Simon seriously now?

wrt Beyonce: disagree, disagree and agree - she's a good performer, but about average for a singer.

As for Ashlee, you do need to remember that Cowell is from England, where artists lip-synching to pre-recorded vocals is the norm. In his way, he seems to be defending lip-synching and insulting Ashlee.

Another reason why Amiercan Idol sucks.

She's not sexy

Yeah okay Simon. She probably one of the most sexy women in the music business.

she hasn't got a great body

That ass isn't amazing or anything.

and she's not a great singer

Wow, what a dumb fuck. She has one of the best voices there is.

How can ANYONE take Simon seriously now?

Did I forget to mention that Simon likes his women made with plastic? In fact he pays for all the work. B is natural and he doesn't like that.

Guest Smues

As someone who'se hated Beyonce with a passion ever since "Bills Bills Bills" it's nice to hear someone else not think she's god's gift to men and music.

Guest Vitamin X

People, people..

Beyonce%20Pic%201.jpg

WTF? Not sexy? Not a great body? Oh what the hell... Banky was right.

People, people..

Beyonce%20Pic%201.jpg

Well let's take a gander, shall we?

Oh-so-perfect windswept hair that looks so photoshoped.

Speaking of PS, same goes for the skin. It just looks too-perfect...too blurred... sickenly so. I'll never understand the glossy look; noone is without faults, simple as that.

Then, of course, the makeup and expression. It simply screams slutty and whorish.

And, ye gods, where to begin on that horrendous outfit?! [if one could call it that, of course]. The way it glitters - clearly a ps effect - seems to boast of too much money, and definetly far too much useless spending.

Yet she can't stray too far from her favored look, that being skimpy and something off a street corner of ill repute. Though she can adorn herself more elaboraty, diamonds cannot hide a tramp's true colors.

Speaking of PS, same goes for the skin. It just looks too-perfect...too blurred... sickenly so. I'll never understand the glossy look; noone is without faults, simple as that.

Then, of course, the makeup and expression. It simply screams slutty and whorish.

And, ye gods, where to begin on that horrendous outfit?! [if one could call it that, of course]. The way it glitters - clearly a ps effect - seems to boast of too much money, and definetly far too much useless spending.

Yet she can't stray too far from her favored look, that being skimpy and something off a street corner of ill repute. Though she can adorn herself more elaboraty, diamonds cannot hide a tramp's true colors.

To sum it up, it's your standard Maxim/FHM/Stuff cover shot...

That post sounds like Agent of Oblivion got into Yuna's account.

Nein. Proud to say it is all my own doing.

To sum it up, it's your standard Maxim/FHM/Stuff cover shot...

*nod* Pretty much, yeah.

People, people..

Beyonce%20Pic%201.jpg

Umm, just about every celeb picture there is has been Photoshopped.

Even your honey Bloom has a little work done on the computer.

I think Beyonce is pretty, and has a nice voice I suppose.

I watched American Idol for the first time last night, and the one thing I agreed with the panel on, is how every contestant(well the ones with a little bit of singing talent) go in there trying to just blow the roof off by putting too much power behind every note, and it sounds like crap.

I also find it almost hilarious that the better contestants, when singing a modern song from the radio, often sound just as good as the artists on the radio, yet when they try to get cocky and sign Stevie Wonder or something, they come off lame, because they have no idea how to sing really, they just have a tiny bit of raw talent and try to power their way through a song. It really says something to the argument that singers today are simply that, just vocalists with powerful voices that do nothing but inject as much energy and power into their songs, and come off sounding like banshees, rather then singers.

Oh and Cowell at least has blasted the American Idol winners before in an interview, basically saying he would never attend their concerts because the music they made is crap. LOL. He totally also basically said American Idol is just some stupid show where they pick a winner, and has nothing to do with being a real musicians or artist etc.....this was from his mouth.

.... Que?! :huh: If 'Bloom' be 'Orlando Bloom' then by what indication did you acquire to think I liked him?

You're avoiding the question missy.

.... Que?! :huh: If 'Bloom' be 'Orlando Bloom' then by what indication did you acquire to think I liked him?

Well, there's that rumour that Kate Bosworth is his beard.