TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Perfxion

God I hate the snow

I just got called from my manager that since I live within a mile of work, and one of the assistant managers lives close, to get to work early tommorrow to open up and start working ASAP so people can get shovels and icemelt for this major blizzard here in Stamford(well, New York tri-state area). So I have to be at work around 8:00 tommorrow so I can sell shovels and shit so everyone else can be late and we will be covered. Ugh.

I asked if I could leave early then and he said "With School, you can used the overtime". This is bullshit. Fun bullshit

No that's why you get a live-in job doing construction or renovations, get good fast cash, start going from family to family in Jersey and sometimes find time to screw the owner's wife who day before that would complain about what a shitty painting job you did in the living room.

A recap of today's precipitation here:

snow - sleet - freezing rain - rain - thunderstorm - sleet - snow

Plus we got fog now.

All the roads are covered in about 3 inches of slushy goodness which is good and frozen by now.

I've got to go to work tomorrow, but not until 3, so hopefully at least it will melt before I go to work so that I'll only have to deal with driving on ice coming home..

It's somewhere in the high 50s right now.

last night at this time it was 8 here...and then it progressively warmed up enough to where we didn't get all snow.

Everyone was expecting a ton of snow, and instead we got a ton of slush and ice.

Our reigon has the most schizophrenic weather, don't it Spoony. My goddamn heater broke last night so I was forced to stay up, drink cocoa and watch Stephen King's "It". Motherfucker is four hours long on TV, and I'll be damned if Tim Curry didn't make me laugh through the whole movie.

Guest Salacious Crumb

I'm not a big fan of the snow but it's mostly due to the fact that drivers completely forget how to drive when they see even a hint of white on the ground. You'd think people living in Ohio would've learned to deal with it by now.

I'm not a big fan of the snow but it's mostly due to the fact that drivers completely forget how to drive when they see even a hint of white on the ground. You'd think people living in Ohio would've learned to deal with it by now.

You stole that from me, you ass.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

I don't like the snow one bit, as I've often expressed on here. As a viking, however, I'm well-adapted to deal with this climate, plus I've got a big fuckin' truck with good clearance for drifts. I can still scoot down country roads at about 35mph, whereas I'd normally be doing eighty. It feels fast though, what with all of the sliding and fishtailing in spots. The most annoying part of the weather involves my job, though. My workspace is about 20 yards from a whole bunch of open dock doors, with freezing drafty trailers backed up to them. It seems I never leave my coat this time of year. Avg work temperature is about 51 degrees, with some colder spots.

At least you fucks aren't buried in by 2 1/2 feet on snow by your front door. I was supposed to work this morning, wasn't happening, so now I'm stuck awake and can't fall back asleep, even though I got less than 5 hours last night. "Call in to see if we're open" my ass.

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent
At least you fucks aren't buried in by 2 1/2 feet on snow by your front door. I was supposed to work this morning, wasn't happening, so now I'm stuck awake and can't fall back asleep, even though I got less than 5 hours last night. "Call in to see if we're open" my ass.

Your hosue was buried in 2 1'2 feet of snow? do you like in a fucking ant farm? Are you 1 foot tall? Buried is a poor choice of word. Unless you're a weather faggot.

Man, we get that much snow at least 15 times a winter. Quit acting like a bgunch of faggots. Shovel the snow, play in the snow, make snow angels, JUST quit whining.

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent

I've never once had my school clsoed because of weather, nor has my dad ever stayed home. The city always keeps functioning regardless of the weather. The notion of snow days always seemed to be more of a myth to us in my city.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

You people are retarded. Florida's someplace I could winter. I'm positive I'd find the summers unbearable.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Summers here are hellish, too. I just need to move someplace where the temperature is a constant, only it rains all the time.

The summers are much hotter in the midwest than they are here. People just like to bitch about the humidity, but it's not like you should be sitting outside anyway.

I would live in Seatlle except for the... you know, the coffee and stuff. Portland maybe.

No, it was pretty cold when I was there. Well, I shouldn't really say that in a thread about snow, but for me it was cold. If you're coming from the snow it would probably be quite temperate.

I love a lot of things about that area but the cost of living is astronomical.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

I get along really well with hippies, actually, despite my love for guns and meat.