TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MrRant

The NFL Offseason/Pre-Draft Thread

Guest Vitamin X

I like how T.O. was wearing a shirt with his picture on it. Shameless self-promotion cracks me up, even if T.O. represents pretty much everything negative about professional athletes.

When I saw them during the Green Bay game getting ready for their halftime interview, did anyone else get that "it looks like a wrestling promo" vibe from it? I got it, and I don't even really watch wrestling.

Rosenhaus can go fuck a cock.

I bet if he were from Oklahoma you'd be singing a different tune.

Yeah is that why I constantly blast Dan Cody for being a self serving prick and hope he fails in the NFL?

BTW I usually give Eagles players the free pass that I do OU players and go as nuts with fandom there too. However I think TO is a prick as well.

Anyways VX I agree about the wrestling promo thing. Hell I was watching this interview with my mom and she's the one that brought it up! She said "Are we watching wrestling?"

And the TO shirt thing.....it's a picture of him and his mom. She has like alz.....alt...you know the disease where you can't remember shit. *scratches head like a monkey*

And yes fuck Drew Rosenhaus. I don't think I can hate another human being.

So wait I just found this out today. TO's current contract was negotiated by his old agent? So Rosenhaus isn't getting squat off of TO's current contract.....this just makes him a bigger slimeball.

And this "I need to take care of my family!" stuff is just bullshit. If you can't raise a family off of even 100,000 a year then you spend too much.

The Pats have some interesting and enthusiastic rookies this year. I might put in my order for a #16 Matt Cassel jersey if this keeps up. He should earn himself the third string job, finally pushing Rohan Davey out the door.

Other thoughts:

- Cedric Cobbs didn't play, though I was very interested at how he looks, but there were couple of interesting backs running the ball in the second half, including a guy that's on leave from the military to join Pats camp.

- Bill probably wasn't too pleased with the second string O-Line, because they weren't giving any protection in the second half. Something to work on for the rest of camp. The Bengals D have some quick guys on that line.

It's just the first preseason game, but I liked what I saw all around tonight.

Rex Grossman breaks ankle, out 3-4 months

Is anything going to go right for the Bears ever again?  Seriously?

Well maybe Orton can get in some good time behind Hutchinson and eventually dethrone him towards the end of the season?

One can only hope.

I'm really curious to see how Charlie Frye can do if he's given the ball. I don't typically catch Cleveland games here though, so that sucks.

Guest Vitamin X
I don't typically catch Cleveland games here though, so that sucks.

I'd consider it more of a blessing...

orton should be pushed into a starter role. he may have more upside than grossman. i just really can't get into the whole chad hutchinson experience again. please lovie no more chad.

I'm scared of the day when they don't actually play the games anymore, instead yelling at the other team and posing and primping constantly while saying how their contracts are bigger. I'm seriously growing ill whenever I watch major sports coverage of any kind anymore. And people wonder why NASCAR is becoming a big thing, it's because you don't have Drew Rosenhaus saying Tony Stewart feels Robbie Gordon is disrespecting him. It's the fucking NFL, shit's happening way too fast when you're on the field to care about whether you like the coach or not. You're too busy trying not to get killed by the linebackers bearing down on you. Fuck the media, and not just because of that, but because watching Packers games is going to be a mute-only affair this year. It's a team sport, and all they can do is talk about one guy, as if he plays offense, defense, and special teams all by himself. Fuck that noise.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Oh well, at least Jon Fag Quinn is no longer on the team. Worst pro QB I ever saw.

Guest El Satanico

The only reason I watch these "experts" in the preseason, is for fantasy football draft research. Other than fantasy football, these shows are useless in the preseason.

They have nothing to talk about, other than holdouts and team dramas that may or may not exist. Well they seem to always find a way to talk about dramas that may or may not exist, but it's worse this time of the year.

ESPN will be having their Fantasy Draft Special Thursday night for those who care. I really wish ESPN would talk about this past weekend's preseason action instead of continueing the Terrell Owens' talk.

Guest El Satanico

Results from preseason games aren't news worthy. IF TO is doing anything even slightly news worthy, he'll be the only story for a week. TO and Moss are the only players that would get this much coverage for a contract dispute.