TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MrRant

The NFL Offseason/Pre-Draft Thread

So who else thinks the Colts should trade Edge to Miami? They can get a Patrick Surtain type of player back from the Dolphins, plus a pick; maybe a third round pick? The Colts can grab another RB in the 1st or 2nd round, can fix up their defense a little, and they can ditch Edge's contract.

Right now, the Colts are saying they will not move James without two first round draft picks for him.

There just aren't that many teams, if any, that are going to sell out their draft for one player. Most of them learned from the mistake made by Mike Ditka.

With a first round pick or hell, early second round you can grab a quality running back that may end up being just as good as Edge. Unless his trade price goes down, I don't see anyone being dumb enough to sell out two first rounders for him.

Isn't Edge's back-up just as efficient as he is? That's the word out of Indy I was hearing when the "EDGE TO MIAMI~!!!!!" rumors started to pop-up. Indy signed up all of their WR's first...Edge can get sloppy thirds.

Guest El Satanico

If they actually want to trade him and get no bites on two 1sts, they will start listening to other offers at some point.

Guest Failed Mascot

I'm hearing the Duane Starks move is complete

Patriots get -

Duane Starks

Arizona's 5th round pick

Cards get -

New England's 3rd and 5th round picks

This helps shore up the secondary. If the Pats aren't cutting Tyrone Poole then their CB situation should be Starks, Asante Samuel, Tyrone Poole, and Randall Gay.

I wouldn't be surpised to see them trade their first rounder for a pick in next year's draft and a second rounder in this year's. That way they can move down and grab ILB Odell Thurman, OG Elton Brown, or ILB Barrett Ruud without reaching and add a pick for next year.

Don't know if this rumor is true, but someone on the CBSSportsline message boards said they saw on a local news channel in Long Island (Ch. 12) that Plaxico Burress will sign with the Jets by tomorrow. Someone else on the ESPN Boards posted something like this as well. Anyone here live in Long Island, and can confirm this?

Carolina Panthers have signed Ken Lucas and Mike Wahle. Lucas tied for the NFC lead for interceptions last season with Chris Gamble, so Gamble and Lucas could be a pretty good combination.

Well, the Texan's FA shopping is probably over apart from resigning their own. They (IMO) over paid for Seth Payne at 4 years, $16 mill and a $4.5 million bonus. Then today they spent the rest of their open cap space on Morlon Greenwood from the Dolphins at 5 years, $22.5 million with a $7 million bonus.

I don't know much about Morlon (I don't watch the Dolphins) but he seems to fit the mold of a 3-4 ILB. This signing, combined with Kailee Wong moving to the inside, seems to eliminate the possiblity of trying to trade up to get Derrick Johnson.

I still have no idea where the Texans are going with their first pick though.

Guest Vitamin X

That would explain why the Pats were going for Derrick Mason, who, by the way, is a much better receiver.

Guest Frank_Nabbit

Marco Rivera to Dallas

Wahle to the panthers

Sharper refusing pay cut, and will be released

The packers are imploding

Guest Vitamin X

Expected news from the Green Bay Packers:

Brett Favre retires, flips lawnmower over in Mississippi

Ahman Green breaks hip in career ending injury during minicamp

Javon Walker demands more money, holds out, gets season ending injury during preseason

Doug Pederson comes out of retirement to become new starting QB

Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila re-signed to 10 year, $100 million deal

Ahmad Carroll retires, goes to "find himself" during week 3 in preseason. Green Bay once again inserts Michael Hawthorne into starting slot, giving up 500 yards passing per game.

Na'il Diggs picks fight with fan, Lambeau Field erupts in riot

Earthquake hits Green Bay, leveling Lambeau Field

Guest Failed Mascot

I think that's because there were some concerns about Trotter's knees and he didn't want to leave Philli. Good deal for both sides.

I still expected KC or Seattle to try and give him a bloated offer despite what happened in Washington. Was a very good deal still...

Oh and here's Antonio Pierce trying to talk shit....

Pierce, 26, a former Redskins linebacker with one year of starting experience, signed a contract believed to be worth $26 million over six seasons, including a $6.5-million bonus, the highest the Giants ever have given a free agent from another team.

"It's time to win the East and knock Philly off," Pierce said last night.

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Yeah and you picked the perfect team for that dumbass....

Guest Vitamin X

You know, with the way the NFL works these days, anything is possible.

You know, with the way the NFL works these days, anything is possible

Everything except the NFC East the past couple of years, had the Eagles lost Trotter,it would've been time to worry since the Anti-Christ Mark Simoneau probably would've been the MLB again...

You know, with the way the NFL works these days, anything is possible.

You know, last year the two teams everyone picked to be in the Super Bowl actually ended up in the Super Bowl. Usually I buy the old "anything can happen" thing, but the Giants? They suck.

...Now watch them win the next three SBs in a row.

Guest Vitamin X
You know, with the way the NFL works these days, anything is possible

Everything except the NFC East the past couple of years, had the Eagles lost Trotter,it would've been time to worry since the Anti-Christ Mark Simoneau probably would've been the MLB again...

You don't think the Redskins could make a run at Philly this upcoming season? I think it's entirely possible.

Guest Vitamin X

Also, let's not forget what happened last year with the Chargers. NOBODY expected them to contend for anything, let alone win the AFC West and the #3 seed.

You don't think the Redskins could make a run at Philly this upcoming season? I think it's entirely possible

Doubt it. Snyder dumps a ton of money into the Redskins every year and they end up at .500 or worse. This is probably their last actual run before cap hell takes over...

Guest Salacious Crumb
Browns signed guard Joe Andruzzi to a four-year, $9 million contract.

That's great to hear. He's alittle older than I would've liked, but a solid veteren is fine by me.

I am too. That should help the offensive line quite a bit.