TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MrRant

The NFL Offseason/Pre-Draft Thread

I'm not sure why the Jets would want Mason, he'd be a third option behind Moss and McCairens. Mason is old and busted, unless he takes a big pay cut I would stay away from him. Meaning the Raiders or Bucs will probably sign him.

Old and busted? Sure he's 31, but he's been one of the top 15 WRs in the league over the past three years with averages of 1161 yrds and 7 TDs. No way is he busted.

-edit- oh and he would be the best WR on the Jets if he went there.

Guest Vitamin X

I'm not sure why the Jets would want Mason, he'd be a third option behind Moss and McCairens. Mason is old and busted, unless he takes a big pay cut I would stay away from him. Meaning the Raiders or Bucs will probably sign him.

Old and busted? Sure he's 31, but he's been one of the top 15 WRs in the league over the past three years with averages of 1161 yrds and 7 TDs. No way is he busted.

-edit- oh and he would be the best WR on the Jets if he went there.

Also, don't forget that receivers tend to have a much longer shelf life than other positions because of the nature of the position. They don't take the same pounding that say, linemen and running backs do, and they're usually well-conditioned to start with.

I know he's an extreme example, but Jerry Rice was still a solid receiver even though he's FAR from what he used to be- but not a single receiver was even close to where he once was (though Moss is getting there).

Guest Failed Mascot
Matt Hasselbeck has agreed to terms with the Seahawks. This leaves Seattle free to franchise Shaun Alexander if they so choose.

and according to John Clayton they have chosen to do so. They're allowing him to seek out a trade though if he wants.

Guest Failed Mascot

Not to mention the Steelers wanted to get rid of him and franchising him means another team either has to come to a deal with the Steelers on compensation or give up 2 first rounders and just sign him. I don't think any team would give up draft picks for a guy coming off a pretty serious hamstring injury with an attitude problem. You'd have been stuck with him and at a price of somewhere along $10mill against the cap.

Guest Failed Mascot
Hey Al, got an opinion on the crop of WR free agents that will be out there?

Ackbar.jpg

Look Out! Its a Trap!

Guest NaturalBornThriller4:20

Man, Parcells is gone at the end of next season, then they'll get stuck with a QB that they don't want.

Can't avoid Henson forever.

Man, Parcells is gone at the end of next season, then they'll get stuck with a QB that they don't want.

Should have avoided him in the draft.

That guy was a major waste of a draft pick.

And Bledsoe should excel in Dallas. He has a solid pass catching tight end, a quick running back, a strong offensive line, a possession receiver on one side and a speed receiver on the other.

Bledsoe with a decent back and a tight end is money.

Guest Failed Mascot

Bledsoe throwing to Terry Glenn...who'd have thought we'd see that again?

Dallas still needs a go to reciever and with their first two pick in the draft they should shore up that defense.

And Bledsoe should excel in Dallas. He has a solid pass catching tight end, a quick running back, a strong offensive line, a possession receiver on one side and a speed receiver on the other.

Bledsoe with a decent back and a tight end is money.

If you are referring to Terry Glenn as a speedster, then you need to realize the only thing he speeds off to is the sideline as he is injury prone, and also tends to dissapear at critical points in the game.

I'd disappear too if my quarterbacks were Vinny Testie and Drew Henson. Hell, I'd sit in the locker room and wait for the final score.

Vinny and Henson would turn me into the lazy version of Randy Moss.

I'd disappear too if my quarterbacks were Vinny Testie and Drew Henson. Hell, I'd sit in the locker room and wait for the final score.

Vinny and Henson would turn me into the lazier version of Randy Moss.

Accuracy.

Note: I don't think Randy is actually THAT lazy.

I disagree. Houston drafted him with a 6th round pick, and traded him to Dallas for a third round pick in this draft. Trading a 6th round pick for a third round pick is a pretty good move on Houston's end. Assuming the 3rd rounder pans out, it could end up being a major steal for them. As for Dallas, they probably shouldn't have made that trade.

Guest El Satanico

Hell losing Bledsoe may end up making Buffalo better. Not that he's a bad QB, he just wasn't doing shit for Buffalo. Even with early struggling, Losman should be able to match Bledsoe's numbers last year.

Bledsoe will probably be better in Dallas, but hopefully they didn't give him a long contract.

Redskins appear to be falling apart now, losing all thier free agents. Redskins fans have to be worried about Gibbs stating that they will try to plug the holes via free agency. Doesn't seem he knows you gotta build with the draft and not FA.

only good QB can last in Buffalo. Buffalo has quite possibly the worst O-Line I have ever seen.

Are you kidding Mike Williams is a Pro Bowler if you ask me HE GOT SNUBBED!!! ;)

It looks like Travis Henry may be on his way to the Cardinals...

link

The Arizona Cardinals are reportedly closing in on a deal for Buffalo Bills running back Travis Henry.

According to the Rochester Democrat and Journal the Bills would send the disgruntled Henry to Arizona in exchange for left tackle L.J. Shelton.

They are giving up a lineman for him?

I guess they have officially gave up on Shipp, who had a solid season in relief of Smith.

Shelton would be a good add to Buffalo, should give Losman the protection he needs.

Guest El Satanico

I believe Arizona has been wanting to move Shelton for awhile. This must be the best deal they've been offered.

I believe Arizona has been wanting to move Shelton for awhile. This must be the best deal they've been offered.

But now they have to move Shipp as he has stated to the press he will not settle for being the back-up running back.

If they wanted to move Shelton and this was the only deal, then fine. But now they have to move either Henry or Shipp cause neither is going to accept not being the starting running back.