TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MrRant

The NFL Offseason/Pre-Draft Thread

The cowboys wanted a trade for Bledsoe but apparently that fell through. I guess Bledsoe didn't want to be traded or the teams could never see eye to eye.

As for the article, I don't know if he IS the next Favre, that's stretching it. But he does have a lot of potential. He has a great arm, great zip on the ball, and has that swagger you need to throw the ball in there. Favre posseses all of these qualities, but it's so much more complicated then that.

There was a press conference at one today, more important than the NHL one obviously, regarding Drew Bledsoe being released, does anyone know of any info on this or anything?

Guest Failed Mascot
The Bears drafted Tommie Harris last year for the interior D-line, so I doubt they'll be looking at that again. They should focus on their horrid offense.

Not to mention they traded for Ogunleye(sp?). The Bears defense needs a hard hitting safety if they go for anything. Otherwise they need O-line, TE, and WR help.

They are going to release Bledsoe next Tuesday, and Losman will be the starter for next season. And apparently Bledsoe is none too happy about it.

Here's the ESPN.com story.

Basically Bledsoe didn't agree with the decision, didn't feel J.P was ready and felt they were about to throw him to the wolves. He was disappointed in himself about not leading the team to where he wanted to lead them but he is already ready to move forward since he has no choice.

The Bills thanks Bledsoe for pulling them from the cellar but felt it was time to go forward. Mularkey didn't look that happy with saying J.P would be the starter, almost like he got forced into the position.

Bledsoe acknowledged the Cowboys have already contacted him about becoming their quarterback next season.

The Bledsoe parts were outside of the press conference. Wilson and Murlarkey just announced he was released and that was the end of it.

Apparently the NY Giants are putting Jeremy Shockey up for grabs for a 1st round pick. I'd try if I were the Jets if A) A Randy Moss trade doesn't hapen or B) All 1st Round quality corners are taken in the draft.

Guest Failed Mascot

Shockey is worth a 3rd round pick if that. Thank god the Pats have Graham and Watson for the future since there are no big time TEs coming out in the next 2 years of the draft.

Yeah, giving up a first round for a guy who hasn't come close to living up to his potential is a stretch and a half.

But of course, someone will be stupid enough to do it.

Guest Failed Mascot
A big pass catching TE would do wonders for us, and like I said, if no corners are left, we could use that.

I hope the Jets do go for it regardless since it'll waste more cap space and give them a guy who can talk more than he can perform. He's an injury proned primadonna that hasn't done anything except for running over that small CB in his first or second game. Shockey is crap from where I sit.

I'd be stupid enough to do it under those circumstances. Anthony Becht has really messed me up.

But to give up a ONE??

A second round, MAYBE.

A third round or later, sure, why not.

But there is no way on the planet someone should give up a first round pick for Jeremy Shockey.

Hell, some of the best tight ends in the league were found in the later rounds of the draft. Just do some damn quality scouting and use the pick on someone worth it.

Guest Failed Mascot

The Jets could just draft Heath Miller most likely too if they wanted a TE.

EDIT: My bad. Kiper dropped Miller to the 30th pick (Steelers) in his mock draft last week. He has the Jets taking Carlos Rogers (CB) from Auburn.

Guest Failed Mascot

I don't believe he will. The teams that could use a TE have alot more pressing needs.

A big pass catching TE would do wonders for us, and like I said, if no corners are left, we could use that.

I hope the Jets do go for it regardless since it'll waste more cap space and give them a guy who can talk more than he can perform. He's an injury proned primadonna that hasn't done anything except for running over that small CB in his first or second game. Shockey is crap from where I sit.

Maybe you're sitting too far.

He's had better years than Graham and Heap. He's 10x better than Becht, and played 15 games last year. More than Graham's ever played.

Guest Vitamin X

Shockey could be useful to the Pack if Franks leaves, but I don't know if Sherman will tolerate his attitude.

Guest Failed Mascot

Evidently you just judge on numbers. Graham's blocking isn't put down in the numbers at the end of the day.

If you like Shockey then good for you but I believe he's garbage and if he did play for the Jets you would turn on him within a year.

Evidently you just judge on numbers. Graham's blocking isn't put down in the numbers at the end of the day.

If you like Shockey then good for you but I believe he's garbage and if he did play for the Jets you would turn on him within a year.

Jets are better off trying to get Franks or Jermaine Wiggins.

Jets are better off trying to get Franks or Jermaine Wiggins.

Jets would be better off trying to get Shannon Sharpe or Ben Coates to come out of retirement than blow their first round pick on Shockey.

And I've watched Heap and the Ravens passing offense is NOTHING when he is hurt. When he's not, they are a damn impressive unit.

Few tight ends in the game can say their offense collapses without them on the field. Heap can say it.

Guest Vitamin X

Whoa...

I didn't just hear the Ravens' offense get reffered to as an impressive unit, did I?

Whoa...

I didn't just hear the Ravens' offense get reffered to as an impressive unit, did I?

When you watch them all season since you are stuck with only them, you realize they actually are damn good with Heap in the line-up.

Without him they look confused.

They still need a big wide receiver but Heap makes them TONS more impressive than I thought possible.

Guest Flyboy
Apparently the NY Giants are putting Jeremy Shockey up for grabs for a 1st round pick.

Why would they put up their franchise QB's favorite target? And for a first round pick at that. Oh man.

Guest Vitamin X
Whoa...

When you watch them all season since you are stuck with only them, you realize they actually are damn good with Heap in the line-up.

Without him they look confused.

They still need a big wide receiver but Heap makes them TONS more impressive than I thought possible.

They do have a good offensive line, which makes their offense look good. Doesn't make much of a difference when you haven o passing game, though.

Chester Taylor and Jamal Lewis make `em look good, too.

Shockey is easily behind Gonzo/Gates/Heap. If the Giants were willing to give him up for a 2nd rounder, though, then you'd definately have a few interested parties. The Pack with Shockey could be interesting, what with Bubba Franks all but gone.

Shockey isn't garbage, he's had a couple of off-years due to injuries. He will be a force this year I think, people forget how good he was his rookie season. You guys are too quick to dump on a media favourite.

While I won't call him garbage, (I'd take him over Schobel/Stewart/Kelly trio) if his couple of injury filled seasons is more standard then exception it should be a warning sign. However, it seemed like Eli likes him a lot as a target, so it might be wise to keep him.