TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MrRant

The NFL Offseason/Pre-Draft Thread

Well, they may make a run at Matt Hasselbeck or Drew Bledsoe.

Or perhaps even Kurt Warner.

Course I think Bledsoe might end up in Dallas until Romo is ready. But if Mularkey has his way, Bledsoe won't be going anywhere so that is getting interesting.

Why bother drafting Losman if they think Bledsoe is the QB for them?

Guest El Satanico

It's been known for awhile that Garcia in Cleveland just wasn't going to work.

After it was clear that Butch Davis and crew were done in Cleveland, Garcia backed off and said he'd wait to see who was hired. So either things further soured, he didn't like the hires or Savage/Crennel told him to get lost.

They seem to be interested in picking up a moderate priced vet in FA, as a stop gap until a young QB is ready. Unless they pick up a young QB prior to the draft, there's a good chance they will draft one of the two qbs at #3.

Guest Failed Mascot

The mother fucking Browns stole the Pats O-Line coach who was in line to be the next O-Coord for the Pats. Damnit Cleveland...now you're just getting annoying.

Well, they may make a run at Matt Hasselbeck or Drew Bledsoe.

Or perhaps even Kurt Warner.

Course I think Bledsoe might end up in Dallas until Romo is ready. But if Mularkey has his way, Bledsoe won't be going anywhere so that is getting interesting.

Why bother drafting Losman if they think Bledsoe is the QB for them?

For next year, it should remain Bledsoe. Losman didn't even get a chance to work last season because of injury and at the very least, if Bledsoe stumbles then you can put in Losman.

If the Bills want Bledsoe to have a big season then they need two things: A tight end and a running game.

They have the ground game and they had the tight end till Campbell went down. Bledsoe with a pass catching tight end is MONEY. Without one, he is horrid.

Guest Vitamin X

Yup, 2GOLD's correct. Ben Coates was the man necessary for Bledsoe, when he declined/left/was injured (I forget what happened), so did Bledsoe. I feel it's going to become somewhat similar for guys like Drew Brees and Michael Vick, who both relied heavily on their tight ends as targets.

Bledsoe also needs a solid O-Line, since he DOES NOT MOVE in the pocket, not even a few steps like Brady. Agreed with the TE part, Ben Coates was his crutch in NE.

They (Buffalo) will most likely cut Bledsoe and hope that Losman turns into another Big Ben (as in a QB that doesn't lose the game for them) and let McGahee and the defense do most of the heavy lifting.

Scott Pioli turned down an offer from Seattle that would have gotten him like 5x what he makes in NE, but he's going to stay until the '06 Draft. Loyalty is nice and all, but I'd take the money and the challenge with a new team.

Yup, 2GOLD's correct. Ben Coates was the man necessary for Bledsoe, when he declined/left/was injured (I forget what happened), so did Bledsoe. I feel it's going to become somewhat similar for guys like Drew Brees and Michael Vick, who both relied heavily on their tight ends as targets.

Brees does have WRs, it's just that he doesn't like to throw to them as much as he does Gates and Tomlinson.

Coates got injured and got old. I loved Ben Coates, I still have his jersey in my closet with my Slade and Willie McGinest jerseys. Coates left for the Ravens after the Patriots cut him and his replacement couldn't catch a damn cold in a blizzard. Bledsoe had no big middle field option he trusted, he forced passes towards key receivers and that was the end of it.

When Campbell was stepping up his game, Bledsoe was throwing touchdowns and wasn't getting picked off. When Campbell went down, he didn't have a big target in the middle of the field and he struggled.

If the Bills are serious, they will draft a tight end to give Bledsoe a big target. And a bigger tight end won't be a bad thing for blocking and Losman's future.

Guest Failed Mascot

The Pats were Pioli's challenge. Why should he leave now when he can continue and try to help build a team for the ages? Also there's word that some of the fine print in Pioli's contract would have made it so the new team hiring him would need to give up a #1 and #2 pick to gain him. Least that's what Felger said.

What kind of cap hit are the Browns going to be taking for releasing Garcia? They really don't have anyone else who can start, if they plan on drafting someone this year it isn't going to be much better than last year.

2GOLD, why in the flying fuck did you purchase a Chris Slade jersey?

Because that season he was the best blitzing linebacker and I was a huge fan of his. Plus he was a complete class act to me at the Ravens game I went too. Course I was too STUPID to get him to autograph the jersey but oh well.

Some people like Brady, I despise him and will NEVER buy a jersey of him.

Another CB that could be good value for a team is Andre Dyson from the Titans. Got good size, speed and a nose for the ball with 6 Ints. Infact, looking at the list of CB's, 2001 has produced some good possible FA's this year, with Fred Smoot, Ken Lucas, Gary Baxter and Andre Dyson, all who were picked up in the second round IIRC.

Well it's been reported that Bledsoe will be cut by the beginning of March. Before the deadline. Good riddance.

There will be a lot of growing pains this season, but J.P. Losman has a great stituation to get into. Great defense, great RB, two really good receivers, with different games that compliment each other. If Losman is better than Bledsoe, at all, this will be a BIG season for the Bills.

Guest Vitamin X
2GOLD, why in the flying fuck did you purchase a Chris Slade jersey?

Because that season he was the best blitzing linebacker and I was a huge fan of his. Plus he was a complete class act to me at the Ravens game I went too. Course I was too STUPID to get him to autograph the jersey but oh well.

Some people like Brady, I despise him and will NEVER buy a jersey of him.

Don't worry dude. I bought a Dorsey Levens jersey after the `97 season.

I have no idea what happened to it, but good riddance. Good thing I never bought an Antonio Freeman jersey, either. I learned my lesson about liking players who held out in the offseason.

Well it's been reported that Bledsoe will be cut by the beginning of March. Before the deadline. Good riddance.

There will be a lot of growing pains this season, but J.P. Losman has a great stituation to get into. Great defense, great RB, two really good receivers, with different games that compliment each other. If Losman is better than Bledsoe, at all, this will be a BIG season for the Bills.

Losman never looked like anything but a future big bust to me. He just doesn't seem to have the NFL mentality. In fact in his training camp diary thing I read last summer, he sounded like he had no clue about the NFL offense he was about to run. Though it'd be interesting if he proves me wrong.

Well it's been reported that Bledsoe will be cut by the beginning of March.  Before the deadline. Good riddance.

Losman never looked like anything but a future big bust to me. He just doesn't seem to have the NFL mentality. In fact in his training camp diary thing I read last summer, he sounded like he had no clue about the NFL offense he was about to run. Though it'd be interesting if he proves me wrong.

You can't judge a guy from what he writes in a fluff piece like a diary though.

He's got a cannon of an arm and he has a great surrounding, it would be hard for him to fail. I'm pretty sure he's more mobile than Drew, but that can't be that hard.

Well it's been reported that Bledsoe will be cut by the beginning of March.  Before the deadline. Good riddance.

You can't judge a guy from what he writes in a fluff piece like a diary though.

He's got a cannon of an arm and he has a great surrounding, it would be hard for him to fail. I'm pretty sure he's more mobile than Drew, but that can't be that hard.

Before the draft I had heard NOTHING about J.P. Losman, only til a few days before the draft, when people were hyping prospective picks, did I learn about JP, and I went back to some of his college games, he does NOT impress me, quite frankly. That's why I said all that above, but I wouldn't be adverse to him proving me wrong though. The Bills are one of the teams I pull for out of pity.

Guest Vitamin X

You know, the Packers were also high on Kyle Boller when he was being drafted.

I would have been majorly torn on that issue, with my favorite team picking one of my high school's major archrivals as I've said a few times. But yeah, Sherman was an idiot GM. Losman did idolize Favre though, which was cool and he got #4 because of him and everything. He's like me in being a Southern Californian-raised cheesehead.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Who's a good interior defensive lineman coming up this year? The Bears desperately need a Ted Washington type monstrosity in that defensive unit again. Either that, or a quarterback killing DE who's 6'5" and can run like a deer.

Damn 2Gold why the Brady hate? As for Losman, I hate to say it but I take one look at the guy and I see Rob Johnson.

Cause he's a Michigan quarterback who at times looks like Sean William Scott.

That's about it.

The Michigan part would have been enough....but the add on was just too much.

Also, Bledsoe will be released after he rejected a back-up position. Hard to know who will make a run at him but I wouldn't put it past the Cowboys or the Raiders since both of them love old guys.

Who's a good interior defensive lineman coming up this year? The Bears desperately need a Ted Washington type monstrosity in that defensive unit again. Either that, or a quarterback killing DE who's 6'5" and can run like a deer.

Shouldn't the Bears look towards building an offensive line first?

Three quarterbacks out with injuries tells me and the rest of the NFL that Chicago is in desperate need of protection.

The defense needs cosmetic work and Keith Traylor might be released by the Patriots if Vince Wilfork develops like they hope he does.

Guest Vitamin X

The Bears drafted Tommie Harris last year for the interior D-line, so I doubt they'll be looking at that again. They should focus on their horrid offense.