TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MrRant

The NFL Offseason/Pre-Draft Thread

You don't think the Redskins could make a run at Philly this upcoming season? I think it's entirely possible

Doubt it. Snyder dumps a ton of money into the Redskins every year and they end up at .500 or worse. This is probably their last actual run before cap hell takes over...

Actually that trend ended with the hiring of Joe Gibbs, look at their moves so far this offseason, everyone has been a bargain so far and they have had four players restructure thus far to clear space for the inevitable Coles trade.

I say if Philly can go 12-4 or better they have the division locked again, but I wouldn't doubt that there is a possibility the Skins can split with the Eagles next season and maybe shock peole and get 10-11 wins. Of course it is too way to early for anything official to be predicted, so since it is March, take that statement with a grain of salt.

I say if Philly can go 12-4 or better they have the division locked again, but I wouldn't doubt that there is a possibility the Skins can split with the Eagles next season and maybe shock peole and get 10-11 wins. Of course it is too way to early for anything official to be predicted, so since it is March, take that statement with a grain of salt.

I'd agree with 12-4, and wouldn't be shocked if the Eagles split with the Skins considering they always play at least one close game a year. I just think Snyder's way of trying to go out and win the offseason every year was just the wrong way to go, and possibly giving Samari Rolle a huge signing bonus with a prospective contract(what's been reported in the papers anyway) is going to put them in a position similar to what Tennessee is in now with all the cap trouble.

I don't know if anyone heard Red McCrook's conference call Thursday with the media. Telling the media, you were going to fire Mike Tice, to motivate Randy Moss. I don't think, Tice is a great coach, but have some fucking class and keep that to yourself.

Than the b.s., about the Moss trade, not being about off the field issues, than saying the Vikings could of gotten twice has much and it wouldn't be enough. Bullshit, if you didn't want to trade Moss, you didn't have too.

The Coles/Moss deal is done pending on physicals. Horrible move by the Jets if they don't sign Plaxico Burress. Santana was the only deep threat on the team, and now that's gone. Coles has a chronic toe injury too. Hopefully Coles fails the physical. I know they wanted to get something for Santana who was probably going to leave after this year, but Coles isn't the type of reciever we need.

Guest Big_Jay101

What's going on with Ty Law? I just saw on ESPN that Plaxico Burress is meeting with the Giants on Monday and Kurt Warner agrees to 1 year deal with Arizona.

I saw an article from the New York Post that said that Plaxico Burress's best contract offer so far was from the Giants at under $4 million a year and a bonus of less than $5 million. He came into the offseason expecting about twice that.

Guest El Satanico

A 4th is pushing it on Dilfer's value.

I'd feel better if it was for a 5th or later, but eh he's cheap and we need a vet QB.

Guest Failed Mascot

Holliday's best days are behind him...Carter is a good signing.

Guest Vitamin X

Holliday probably has a good couple years left in him. He's an excellent run stopper, at least when he was in Green Bay he was.

Where's that leave Jason Taylor? The article on ESPN.com about the Holliday signing said they could possibly move Taylor to LB, but I don't know about that. I'd rather have JT starting at end than Holliday.

Guest Failed Mascot

I've read they want to turn Jason Taylor into their version of Willie McGinest. Taylor is one of the top DEs in football though so it just doesn't make sense. Now Holliday as an OLB I could understand.

Oh, and after seeing the terms of the Kevin Carter deal...man did they overpay. About $6mill a year plus bonus money.

Guest Failed Mascot
With their move to the 3-4 I think Taylor fits better as the pass rushing LB as opposed to a DE, where he would need to be more of a clogger than a pass rusher.

Ya but they could see the same production out of him that Richard Seymour gives. I mean its going to take 2 men to block him and even then he can get by.

Guest Vitamin X
Oh, and after seeing the terms of the Kevin Carter deal...man did they overpay. About $6mill a year plus bonus money.

Guess this is what you get when you have one great season on a Super Bowl team and underachieve the rest of your career..

But does Miami have the surrounding talent to take advantge of Taylor taking on two men. With NE, if you double Seymour, you can't get someone out on McGinest. So you have to compromise somewhere. With Miami, if you put Taylor on the line, there is no one of McGinest caliber behind him to take advantage. And you would be making it worse, because not only are you not getting anything from the LB behind Taylor, but now you have taken Taylor out of the play as well with the double. I think if you move Taylor to the stand up pass rusher, it would be easier to get a clogging DE on the cheap, than a talented pass rushing LB.

Part of it is also that I am not a Taylor fan (Artis Hicks taking him to the woodshed in 2003 is going to be the image of Taylor I have), as I do not see him being able to consistantly beat double teams as a 3-4 DE.

Guest Failed Mascot

Rome wasn't built in a day either. I'd make Holliday their version of Mike Vrabel and continue to build the defense from there. They also need a big NT too and I don't believe they have one at this point.

Guest Failed Mascot

Its good to see the Ravens shoring up that crappy defense of theirs!

Ravens signed cornerback Samari Rolle, formerly of the Titans, to a six-year, $30.5 million contract that included an $11 million signing bonus.

Its good to see the Ravens shoring up that crappy defense of theirs!

Ravens signed cornerback Samari Rolle, formerly of the Titans, to a six-year, $30.5 million contract that included an $11 million signing bonus.

Well, they lost Gary Baxter, but Rolle when healthy I think is better than Baxter.

Saw this on some board:

"Over Oakland Radio Sunday. Jets and Raiders are in discussions for a possible deal that would send Charles Woodson and money to the Jets for 2 picks (Jets number one and 3rd-or 4rth round selection). Raiders are also in discussions with San Fransisco, New England Patriots, and Buffalo Bills."

Anyone from Oakland know about this? Or is it bull?