TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Enigma

Rise & Fall of ECW becomes #2 WWE best-seller

In the past two weeks, the Rise and Fall of ECW DVD has moved a total of 7,324 copies, settling in at 94,758 copies sold.

As of this week, the ECW DVD has now outsold the Ultimate Ric Flair Collection, moving up the ranks to the second best WWE released DVD of all time, in a span of just nine weeks.

The Flair DVD set has sold a total of 93,071 copies. The best selling WWE DVD to date remains Wrestlemania XX, which has moved 109,266 copies.

credit: Mike Johnson of PWInsider

==================================

14,508 more units sold, and the Rise and Fall of ECW will be the #1 selling DVD in WWE history.

Absolutely amazing. I never would have thought.

Guest The Shadow Behind You

They promoted well with advertisements on the show but yes; didn't directly promote it like they did the Flair, Hogan and others DVD.

You have to wonder who are the 96k+ buying this dvd; I never really thought ecw's fanbase as a whole surprassed 40k, so you have to assume there's either were alot of curious people or we drastically underestimated the size of ecw mutant base.

In the 1/17 Observer, Meltzer said that both the Flair and WMXX DVD's sold closer to 120 000 each rather than the numbers reported in Johnson's above report.

Guest Phenom
If Foley is god then does that make Paul E. the Pope?

Pope Paul VII: The most kick-ass Pope ever since Alexander VI.

All HAIL ECDUB~!ECDUB~!!ECDUB!

Heyman must've done a backflip. After Vince shot him with a fireball though.

SD! should've been the "rebel" brand to show commercials for the ECW DVD while the RAW guys didn't approve since Vince wouldn't agree to showing them after Heyman showed up on SD! with them. Security on SD! could've beat his ass or something and you better believe Heyman would have gigged himself up big for this. It would have been like his big '01 speech where he reamed Vince for like 10 minutes about how he fucked up wrestling with Vince just totally no-selling him hilariously.

Damn, this thing could have probably doubled in sales had it been marketed better. These are good numbers so far.

It shows that the little promoton that could is still more popular than WCW and WWE combined, hopefully the RVD dvd sells out as much as Flair's dvd so he could get the World title push he deserves.

It shows that the little promoton that could is still more popular than WCW and WWE combined, hopefully the RVD dvd sells out as much as Flair's dvd so he could get the World title push he deserves.

People are still pushing for an RVD World Title reign? I know I'm out of the loop, so perhaps I've missed something, but RVD has been (rightfully) going through the motions since late 2002.

Its easy to see why this DVD is doing so well.... its pretty well put together, and with the exception of Bischoff, everyone interviewed is telling it like it is. I rented it from netflix, and its the best dvd I have rented to date from them.

People are still pushing for an RVD World Title reign? I know I'm out of the loop, so perhaps I've missed something, but RVD has been (rightfully) going through the motions since late 2002.

RVD > Bradshaw.

And don't give me that crap about "he's got an entertaining gimmick", because he doesn't.

Imagine how many units would have been sold had WWE actually promoted the thing on TV.

Heymans "Buy the DVD or we'll break your neck through a table" with accompanied ECW classic footage wasn't enough promotion for you? They did it on every show for about a month.

Oh..and the Flair DVD set is better. And I can't believe most places want $29 for the ECW set. I was happy to find it on sale after Christmas for $22, just like last year with the Flair set (got it for like $24 after Christmas instead of $35).

Imagine how many units would have been sold had WWE actually promoted the thing on TV.

Heymans "Buy the DVD or we'll break your neck through a table" with accompanied ECW classic footage wasn't enough promotion for you? They did it on every show for about a month.

Oh..and the Flair DVD set is better. And I can't believe most places want $29 for the ECW set. I was happy to find it on sale after Christmas for $22, just like last year with the Flair set (got it for like $24 after Christmas instead of $35).

I must have lucked out. I bought it for $16 the day it came out with a free RVD figure.

I must have lucked out. I bought it for $16 the day it came out with a free RVD figure.

@ Best Buy? Mine didn't have it when it came out. I asked them if they had it and they were like "Huh?"

The only place locally that I could find that sold it was FYE, and they had it on sale for $22, orig. Price $29. I would have bought it online cheaper, but I had a ton of gift certificates to cash in..

my best buy had it for 16.99 orig but buy the time I got there on my b-day in dec, they were sold out, they said a new shipment was coming in in 3 days. I went back on dec 23 and they had ONE copy left . Man I didnt know ecw wa sthat popular in my area. btw the price was now 23.95 lol then my sister went and bought me a copy for xmas not knowing i had got it already. I was going to take it back but too much time has passed and now i have a copy still in original plastic wrap. HEY ANYBODY WANT IT? lol

:lol:

RVD + big push + World Title doesn't go well together according to the writers of the WWE.