TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Giuseppe Zangara

Things that annoy the shit out of you

Usually, rather than subject someone I like to my music, I'll turn on the radio while they're in the car. I feel bad about torturing people with my questionable tastes. I guess that's because I know a lot of people who will grin and bear it but are screaming on the inside.

People who listen to certain music for fear of ridicule if they don't, like a buddy of mine who listens to something new every week (mostly whatever his girlfriend wants to hear/burns on a CD for him), so basically when he's around me, he'll listen to my music, but if his g/f's is around, my music sucks

I also have had the problem with people changing my CDs in the car (albeit not when I'm in the car, like if I've stopped for gas or something), I have gotten pretty mad over this before, but usually the person puts in something I like anyway (I have a habit of keeping crappy music out of my car, if the CD is changed by someone else, the CD they choose will be from my CD case anyways)

And if they put in something shitty I'll just change it

This whole argument reminds me a lot of the "wrestling is fake " argument that my bro's g/f would start every time I was watching wrestling

She'd say "It's fake"

I'd say "Yeah I fucking know that"

This would happen over and over, with no real point

people suck

Edit: people who only lsiten to the "hits" of a band annoy me too, without even giving the band's other songs a real chance (I'm not saying they are required too though, it just takes away the whole point of listening to music in my opinion)

Today I was in the car with my aunt. Nelly was on... I introduced her to him around the time his first album came out. I'm glad she liked him and all, but this is basically like a 35 year old version of DJ Tanner we're talking about here... I'm really not down with her singing along to "Pimp Juice".

So I put on Amerikkka's Most Wanted instead, and she absolutely fell in love with "Gangsta's Fairy Tale". She made me play it like 4 times in a row. It was... strange.

People who claim to like bands after hearing radio-hits or a few songs off an album, or own a greatest hits album. I have to have heard at least half of a band's entire catalogue to determine whether they are worthy, which is probably why I get the 'only likes five bands' tag.

if that's the case, then there's maybe 20 people on the continent that can be said to "like" miles davis.

"yeah, i totally dig the hell out of miles."

"oh? do you have 'olympia 11 octobre 1960'?"

"well, i've got part 1..."

"you don't even have both parts of 'olympia 11 octobre 1960'? you fucking POSEUR! don't you ever talk about 'digging' miles, you obviously have no idea what the FUCK you're talking about!"

and so on.

To be honest, Miles Davis is exceptional. I'm talking about current acts or old bands with prominently available work, although all power to you for knowing all this stuff. I have Kind Of Blue and don't particularly like it. Probably very good though.

Guest combat_rock

I hate people who seem to think that the difficulty incurred in playing a certain song some how translates into quality, or that if a song isn't difficult or complex that it isn't worthy. I can't tell you how many times I've heard something along the lines of: "Nirvana sucks, I was able to play Smells Like Teen Spirit in like, my first week of playing guitar".

When someone makes the most ridiculous, overblown praising statements to someone who obviously does not deserve it.

When people think bands like Modest Mouse and The Streets are Indie.

Stuck-up indie elitists at local shows. I went to see The Constantines downtown and I swear, I left with an unwilling silver spoon in my mouth and my nose tilted high in the air.

People that think Good Charlotte or any similar band is punk music ... or good music.

In addition, those Top 100 lists and Year-End awards. This year in Rolling Stone, U2 got best band. That's horrible. U2 is by no means an awful band, but there were so many better albums that came out last year and there were so many good bands that were actually touring that I personally think deserved it more.

People that think Good Charlotte or any similar band is punk music ... or good music.

Those people should be clubbed repeatedly over the face.

Or at least have their vocal chords removed in a violent fashion so I won't have to hear their garbage spewing from their mouths.

People who listen to certain music for fear of ridicule if they don't, like a buddy of mine who listens to something new every week (mostly whatever his girlfriend wants to hear/burns on a CD for him), so basically when he's around me, he'll listen to my music, but if his g/f's is around, my music sucks

Oh man, these fuckers need to have their balls chopped off and fed to them. I hate that shit so much.

As I found at work this week, people who smugly boast about this "great new song by an obscure band" they've just discovered, when that song has already been a top 20 hit months ago. Doubly annoying when that song is "The Reason" by Hoobastank.

As I found at work this week, people who smugly boast about this "great new song by an obscure band" they've just discovered, when that song has already been a top 20 hit months ago. Doubly annoying when that song is "The Reason" by Hoobastank.

hahahahahaha

Hoobastank.

hahahahahaha

Hoobastank.

What a horrible name for a horrible band.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

I can't think of what it sounds like but I know I couldn't stand it.

When someone makes the most ridiculous, overblown praising statements to someone who obviously does not deserve it.

When people think bands like Modest Mouse and The Streets are Indie.

Stuck-up indie elitists at local shows. I went to see The Constantines downtown and I swear, I left with an unwilling silver spoon in my mouth and my nose tilted high in the air.

Hrm. Conflicted, are we.

-"Rap music is nothing but a bunch of untalented hacks talking about bling-bling, bitches, hos, and how many people they've killed. That's not art! It's garbage! I fucking hate it!" I've heard that so many many times that I want to scream.

-When people say what's "real Hip-Hop" and what's "Hip-Pop". I usually hear something like: "The Beastie Boys aren't real Hip-Hop! 50 Cent is REAL Hip-Hop". And "Nelly is Hip-Pop! Hip-Pop ain't REAL Hip-Hop! Real Hip-Hop is Talib Kweli, Mos Def, De La Soul." I like Talib Kweli, Mos Def, and De La Soul, but I find using "Hip-Pop" as an insult to be stupid.

-People who tell me I shouldn't listen to rock because it's "white people music".

-People who don't like Eminem, The Beastie Boys, 3rd Bass, House Of Pain, or any other white rappers BECAUSE they are white. I have heard this reason more than once sadly. When I was in 7th Grade, my class was full of Black and Hispanic rap fans, and it was considered sacreligious to be listening to Eminem. When I asked why it was bad to listen to Eminen or the Beastie Boys, all I got was "Because they're white." When I told some of my classmates I liked Eminem, they insulted me by calling me "White boy."

-Fake hippie's who only call themselves "hippie's" because they like to smoke weed. My friend told me a story once of this kid who went on a school trip with him. He wore nothing but Bob Marley shirts and puka shells and shit like that. Another kid lost his ring that his girlfriend had given him on their third year anniversary (high school romance that's still going, apparently). The "hippy" then said, "It's just a material object, man. You gotta let go of your material possesions." The next day, his bag was stolen by bandits (they went to Argentina), the contents being his Bob shirts. He freaked out, and when everyone said, "They're just material possessions, 'maaaaan'" he got super pissed off and said they were sentimental...yet somehow a ring given to you by your girlfriend of three years is a "material possession."

-people that hate Joy Division because they think "Love Will Tear Us Apart" is a pussy song.

-people that hate The Libertines because they think Pete Doherty and Carl Barat are gay.

-people that hate The Strokes because their drummer is dating Drew Barrymore.

-Bon Jovi.