TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
UZI Suicide

What will Orton do at WM?

good. I'm done with randy orton, I was done with him the minute i saw him.

I'd go with the Rock/Orton idea for Mania, and then let Randy play kind of a tweener character until he turns on Batista. As long as they don't telegraph the turn, I think it could be great for the Raw ME scene.

From PWTorch:

Randy Orton didn't suffer a concussion. That appears to be part of the storyline of the match and may be part of where they're going from this point with Orton. The concussion storyline could possibly play a significant role in a shift of how his character is portrayed. With Batista taking over what was originally scheduled to be a Rumble win by Orton (months ago, when the original idea was that Orton was going to have to win the Rumble to earn a title shot against Triple H at WrestleMania), Orton has to change to not appear lost in the shuffle. It's acknowledged - even by him - that his character has gone off course, so some moves will be made to give him a new direction.

Orton should just tell the fans, his career went in the toilet after he tried to get their approval. It's more or less true, and that could signal a return of the Rock to setup a match at WM.

Thank god. I just want to boo Randy Orton again, he's a guy you love to hate, and I've even warmed up to his face turn lately out of sympathy because he is not the problem, the problem was the arrogance of the bookers in thinking they could force feed this artificial face character to us simply because we respected his efforts against Foley and Benoit.

And to anyone who says they want Orton v. Undertaker.....you don't really want that. Do we really need to see Orton jobbing to Taker to keep the streak alive? Orton jobbed clean to Hunter. He would do the same to Taker. That's the last thing the guy needs at this point.

I'm all for Orton v. Edge at Wrestlemania, I've really enjoyed their series of matches over the past 8-9 months or whatever, and they actually go out there and build off previously used spots and situations, which is refreshing.

What they (WWE) need to be careful of is that when Orton does go heel he's still gonna get pops and cheers...just like HHH. As a heel he will become sorta cool again as he was getting the fans before the title win...I think HHH should take advantage of a concussed Orton and turn him against Batista or somthing and have Orton beat Flair on a retirement match...that'd turn him heel.....

I really don't know what they're gonna do with Orton. I was thinking he could face either Benjamin or Hassan, but I think those two are gonna fight each other at WM. So I don't know where Orton goes from here....

I liked Downhome's idea, about the amnesia with Orton suddenly thinking that he is in Evolution. Seriously, Orton was OUT OF HIS mind during that match, good selling on Orton's part.

Does this mean the return of RNN with weekly updates on the progress of his concussion recovery.

I'd say a heel turn and a program with The Rock is the only option for him. There's nobody else that he can go against and have it seem meaningful.

The only other route is to put him lower on the card and go against a Benoit or someone else. A good match but nothing that anybody would care a great deal about.

Guest Loss
After seeing the ass kicking that HHH gave to Orton, and seeing how Orton was acting in the match (out of his mind), I think they should have Orton with amnesia, where he still believes he is in Evolution, and that he has totally blocked out the past five or six months. Each RAW he comes up to HHH, Flair, and Batista, and tries to act like nothing was ever wrong with the whole bunch of them. Evolution could even try to use it to their advantage by getting Orton to do their dirty work for em, because Orton wants so badly to fit in with them and be accepted.

;)

That's only a great idea if you want to say to the audience, "We think you're fucking idiots and you'll fall for anything." They say that enough in other, more subtle ways.

:)

Guest Loss

My suggestion would be to turn him heel and feud him with Chris Benoit. He needs a hot character revival and a high-profile good match wouldn't hurt him either.

I'd rebuild Orton as a tag wrestler and team him with either Benoit or Jericho. If they have any hope of eventually getting Orton over as a main eventer again, they need to get him out of the limelight and use him possibly as a comeback guy in tag matches. On top of that, if his team wins the tag titles, it could help rebuild one of the tag divisions. The guy needs some sort of new direction, since I still don't feel not enough people are buying him as a true main eventer.

I don't know if I'd turn him heel again. He was more over as a heel, yes, but turning him again after only three months is making him really inconsistent as far as his character goes. Not that they'd team up together or anything (hopefully the WWE learned something after what happened with Test back in the day) but having HHH and Orton both as heels after their much hyped rivalry seems counterproductive to me.

Fuck just "turning him heel", I'm tired of bullshit turns for no other reason than "oh boo hoo, you booed me when I was good, now me angry and will be mean to you fans". Do something a little more fucking original for a change. The last thing I want is for him to just be a heel now because the fans booed him.

The more I think about it, the more I wouldn't mind them going with my idea from earlier. If not something that drastic, then just SOMETHING different, something that changes his character to make it different from any other "joe blow heel/face".

If they don't do something totally different with Orton right now, then his career could be in serious danger. I know many don't like him, but I recognize that he isn't just someone you want that to happen to. He could be a huge superstar if only he finds his perfect niche.

From the looks of things, this concussion storyline just might be the start of what needs to happen.

Just turning him heel because he isn't pleased with the fans, and then having him feud with Benoit for no reason other than him now being mad and needing a face to fight, would just be stupid, pointless, and wouldn't help anyone, including WWE itself.

Guest Loss

The best storylines are typically basic ones. There's no need to get too cutesy. Orton turning heel because he realizes he won the title not giving a shit what the fans thought and slowly saw himself lose the title and his friends after pandering to the fans makes sense and gives him a logical reason to turn back. As long as they don't attempt to turn him yet again in three months, he'd be fine.

Amnesia storylines have a horrible track record. Remember Mick Foley being lost in Cleveland? Or Kevin Nash thinking he was Batman?

plus it did wonders for Bret Hart and The Rock...other than thsoe two I really can't think of a time they actually pulled that angle with someone they REALLY wanted to push, which is Orton's case...

Guest Loss

Oh, and his motivation for going after Benoit is simple -- in one handshake, he forgot who he was and lost all of his killer instinct. He blames Benoit for sending him on a downward spiral in the name of "sportsmanship". He vows to never shake anyone's hand again after a match.

I hate it, but I highly doubt that the fans want to just see Orton fight Benoit, especially over nothing really.

The basic storylines are usually the best, that's true and if you know me you should know how much more I prefer storylines like that since it keeps everything grounded in reality. But for this instances, for this wrestler, right here and now, I think something "different" is needed for him to really help jump-start his career.

The basic storylines worked for so many others, because most of them are plain and simply just flat out better than Orton. To compare Orton's situation to that of Bret, Rocky, or any other such wrestlers isn't really fair. Both of them are so far advanced in terms of skill, those storylines were perfect for them.

I just don't want to see something basic for Orton. He's been in very basic storylines up to this point, and quite frankly, none of that has really helped him yet. I think they should keep him face for a little while, and in that time use something totally original, different, to possibly get the fans totally on his side once and for all. Have it be because they get the fans to feel sorry for him, they want him to get revenge so badly, or whatever, just something along those lines.

That Benoit motivation would be fine, if only they had somehow planted a few more seeds for that. One of my least favorite things in wrestling is when they turn someone or have something happen...and it's done because of something that happened earlier...but it's totally obvious that they are only using that single event because it just happened to be there. Just as an excuse, if you will. When that is obvious, I think it hurts the storyline a great deal. To me, the best storylines are those that are indeed basic, but they have a solid foundation over a period of time. Not those that are basic, and are being presented just because they have a cheap excuse for it to take place, and they take advantage of it. That's not always the case, but more times than not it is.

Guest Loss

I do see what you're saying, I guess I just think Orton turning on Benoit in a tag match and doing a follow-up promo the next week stating that the reason he turned on Benoit was because Benoit's "respect" caused him to forget that he was a legend killer and that he only cared about himself sounds like a natural feud. If we're thinking outside the box for ways to get him over, there's still the Stacy Keibler storyline that could play into something somehow.

If we're thinking outside the box for ways to get him over, there's still the Stacy Keibler storyline that could play into something somehow.

Now we're talking, "outside the box" is exactly what is needed. Just, for the love of God, do NOT have him just go back to the Legend Killer gimmick. That is dead, and should never be brought back.

So where do you think they're going with Orton/Stacy?

I have purposely not given too much thought to that. Whenever Stacey is involved, it usually turns into a pile of shit.

Guest Loss

Has Stacy ever worked a storyline before, aside from the whole thing with Steiner and Test? The only other one I can think of was the accidental chairshot from Jericho, which I actually thought was very well done.

I think at this point they just need to trade him to SMDN after WM. He'll probably be jobbing to whoever he faces at WM, so it won't matter if he leaves. Loser leaves Raw or something like that.

This concussion thing has bad idea written all over it. It's bound to turn out he's brain damaged now, or out of it, or suffering from amnesia. Heh maybe it's just HHH fucking with him.