Sign in to follow this  
Vern Gagne

Wrestlemania Card

Pretty much set in stone.

HHH vs Batista

HBK vs Kurt Angle

Undertaker/Kane vs Snitsky/Heidenreich

JBL vs Cena

What about Big Show, Eddie, Benoit, Jericho, Hassan, Rey, Orton, the Cruisers, The tag team belts?

Guest MideonMark

1. World Title: Batista vs Triple H ©

2. WWE Title: John Cena vs JBL ©

3. Shawn Michaels vs Kurt Angle

4. Heidenreich/Snitsky vs Kane/Undertaker- I hope they do this cause it keeps the all the crap together in one match.

5. US Title: Rey Mysterio vs Eddy Guerrero ©

6. IC Title: Edge vs Randy Orton vs Shelton Benjamin ©

7. World Tag Titles: Regal/Eugene vs La Resistance ©-I think Eugene is back before Mania

8. WWE Tag Titles: Booker-T/Big Show vs Bashams ©-just because there doesn't seem to be anything for Booker and Show to do so we'll have yet another wacky tag team.

9. Ric Flair vs Mick Foley

Maybe throw in a random Womens Title match and a Cruisterweight match.

4. Heidenreich/Snitsky vs Kane/Undertaker- I hope they do this cause it keeps the all the crap together in one match.

7. World Tag Titles: Regal/Eugene vs La Resistance ©-I think Eugene is back before Mania

8. WWE Tag Titles: Booker-T/Big Show vs Bashams ©-just because there doesn't seem to be anything for Booker and Show to do so we'll have yet another wacky tag team.

I wouldnt order that card.. you left out Christian... and no way Edge should be challenging for the IC Title right now.

- HBK vs. Angle

- RAW Title: HHH vs. Batista

- SD Title: JBL vs. Cena

- UT/Kane vs. Heidenreich/Snitsky

- RAW Tag Titles: Benoit/Jericho vs. Edge/Christian

- IC Title: Shelton Benjamin vs. Muhammed Hassan

- US Title: Eddie Guerrero vs. Rey Mysterio

- Cruiserweight Title: Some combo of Funaki, Spike, Chavo, London, Nunzio, Kidman, Akio, etc.

- Big Show vs. Orlando Jordan/The Bashams (3 on 1)

That's nine. Right now, Randy Orton, Eugene/Regal, Carlito (dunno his injury situation), and a couple others have nothing to do, and there's no women's title match. I'll assume that Orton will work an injury angle with the concussion and return after Wrestlemania, and that they'll give the 10th match to Trish vs. Victoria or something. They'll also do some stupid Raw Diva vs. Smackdown Diva competition to annoy the hell out of us. Remember the Miller Lite girls?

Guest Loss

I wouldnt order that card.. you left out Christian... and no way Edge should be challenging for the IC Title right now.

Not to mention leaving off Chris Benoit and Chris Jericho.

Guest Loss

They should have saved Lita/Trish for Mania. Maybe Lita wouldn't have gotten hurt working so many matches, and it was a long feud with good build anyway.

Guest Loss

6-8 months, I think. I'd hate to see them turn Trish when she's worked so hard to get her heel act over.

Same here, but if they keep the division afloat, who could be the main face? Unless they majorly tweak Victoria's character back to what it used to be, not her. Molly has been a heel for so long it'll take a while for her to turn.

Same here, but if they keep the division afloat, who could be the main face? Unless they majorly tweak Victoria's character back to what it used to be, not her. Molly has been a heel for so long it'll take a while for her to turn.

Ya know, that's why Vince deserves a kick in the ass (or now, a kick squarely on his injured knee) for letting Gail Kim, Nidia, and Jazz go. We'll get a combination of Trish/Molly/Victoria for the next 6 months . . . that should be fresh and entertaining come SummerSlam time.

At the least, they need to draft Dawn Marie and Torrie Wilson over to RAW to help fill in. Yes, they suck, but at least it gives us SOMETHING more than the same three women for such a long period of time.

I'm sure we'll get a lot more hints tonight and Thursday as to the direction they're taking, but here's an idea.

WHT: Batista vs. Triple H ©

WWE Title: Cena (US Champ) vs. JBL ©

Taker / Kane vs. Snitsky / Heidenreich (stipulation)

HBK vs. Angle

Eddie vs. Rey

Bashams © vs. Booker / Show - if not these then Booker / Rey / Eddie vs. Bashams / Orlando

Orton vs. Edge (unofficial #1 contenders match)

Raw Tag: Benoit / Jericho © vs. Christian / Tomko

I can't think of any good options for Benjamin aside from someone like Simon Dean or Maven. So, given the options, I'll pick Mohammad Hassan vs. Shelton for the IC.

A Cruiserweight title match involving Kidman, Chavo, London, Funaki, Spike, and Moore.

Locks:

Batista vs HHH vs Orton - World Title

JBL vs Cena - WWE Championship

HBK vs Angle

Taker/Kane vs Snitsky/Heidenreich

Good Possibilities:

Rey vs Orlando Jordon - US Title

Shelton vs Hassan - IC Title

Benoit vs Jericho

Eddie vs Booker

London vs Chavo - Cruiser title

Flair vs Foley

Hogan/Rock vs Edge/Christian

Longshots:

Victoria vs Trish?

Bashams vs Dudleys

La Resistence vs Regal/Tajiri

Either way, I think that all wrestlers listed are going to on the card, in some way.

I was thinking maybe Edge vs. Shelton after he eliminated Shelton last night, but who knows. It would seem kind of anti climactic to go back to the IC title scene right now with Edge. They have to be VERY careful how they book him in the next few months. Same with Orton.

No fucking way that another Triple Threat is ME'ing the show.

Exactly. Orton lost clean. Batista won the Rumble. No way Orton gets a title shot at Mania. It wouldn't make any sense.

damn that goofy WWE booking...so Cena is gonna be able to do what "monsters" such as Big Show and the Undertaker and technically sound atheletes such as Angle and Guerrero couldn't do? GREAT...

HHH vs Batista

JBL vs Cena

HBK vs Angle

UT/Kane vs JH/GS

US Title: ©Eddie vs Booker T vs Rey

IC Title: ©Benjamin vs Hassan

RAW Tag: ©Benoit/Jericho vs Edge/Christian vs Tajiri/Regal vs La Resistance

SD Tag: ©Bashams vs Jindrak/Reigns vs Carlito/Jesus or Haas/Holly vs Dudleys

Mick Foley vs Flair

The Rock vs Randy Orton

Womens Title: ©Trish vs Molly vs Victoria vs Stacy

Cruiser Title: ©Funaki vs London vs Kidman vs Chavo

Major peeps left out: Maven, Rhyno, Hurricane, Eugene(INJ), Matt Hardy(INJ), Lita(INJ), Tomko, Big Show, Kenzo, Dupree, Jordan, RVD(INJ) Spike

I just couldn't find a place for Big SHow. They seem to be pushing Maven but i couldn't really find a place for him. And I think they will run the 4-way tag matches cuz they have to get as many dudes on the show as possible in little time. Just like last year people who aren't really in a program get thrown in it.

Exactly. Orton lost clean. Batista won the Rumble. No way Orton gets a title shot at Mania. It wouldn't make any sense.

Or the WWE realizes Orton is a natural heel, turns him, and has him join back up with HHH against Batista.

I'm not saying it would be a great idea, just an option. The heel turn I approve, joining back with HHH seems like a step backwards.

well with JBL, the booking has been that pretty much everyone could have beaten him by now but he keeps getting lucky and having interference by either one of his guys or others (like heidenreich and reigns/jindrak last night) to save his title, so Cena beating him without interference by anyone would be fine. However, Bradshaws honky tonk man like reign is so calling out for Big Show to squash him like a grape ala the warrior at summerslam 88 actually if batista changed shows right now and murdered (not literally) JBL at mania things could be inetersting, but you cant pass up on the evo split as that angle has run its course by now (and so has hhh defending a world title at every wm and this year could be the 2nd in a row he loses to the next big face) We need a year to go by without a trips title reign, he doesnt need it to keep his heat. Hes way over as a heel without evolution by his side or a title.

damn that goofy WWE booking...so Cena is gonna be able to do what "monsters" such as Big Show and the Undertaker and technically sound atheletes such as Angle and Guerrero couldn't do? GREAT...

The thing is, Big Show and Taker didn't have backup to JBL's administration. John Cena has the "Chain Gang", so watch out.

damn that goofy WWE booking...so Cena is gonna be able to do what "monsters" such as Big Show and the Undertaker and technically sound atheletes such as Angle and Guerrero couldn't do?  GREAT...

The thing is, Big Show and Taker didn't have backup to JBL's administration. John Cena has the "Chain Gang", so watch out.

Best.......... Comment...... Ever.........

LMAO

Guest CronoT
6-8 months, I think. I'd hate to see them turn Trish when she's worked so hard to get her heel act over.

The only thing more boring than a heel Trish is a face Trish. Give Molly a face turn, I think she's earned it, since she got her head shaved for the charity/business last year.

Orton is there, because they need someone to play the third wheel. You have Batista vs. HHH, Evo vs. Evo. Either they do the triple threat and keep Orton in the 'do the right thing Batista' role, or they simply turn Batista officially pre-Mania. Id' be very surprised if they went into Mania with a 'will Batista fight HHH' storyline still going, UNLESS they had Orton. Otherwise, they're selling Mania on a match that 'might not happen'.

Guest CronoT

Orton is there, because they need someone to play the third wheel. You have Batista vs. HHH, Evo vs. Evo. Either they do the triple threat and keep Orton in the 'do the right thing Batista' role, or they simply turn Batista officially pre-Mania. Id' be very surprised if they went into Mania with a 'will Batista fight HHH' storyline still going, UNLESS they had Orton. Otherwise, they're selling Mania on a match that 'might not happen'.

Batista should turn face before WM. Do we really need another Fingerpoke of Doom speculation for 6 weeks?

I think it's safe to say that the first four matches are set, but here's my full card for right now.

WWE Title: JBL vs. John Cena

World Title: HHH vs. Batista

HBK vs. Kurt Angle

Taker & Kane vs. Heidenreich & Snitsky

U.S. Title: Eddie Guerrero vs. Rey Mysterio

IC Title: Shelton Benjamin vs. Charlie Haas

World Tag Team Titles: Chris Benoit & Chris Jericho vs. Edge & Christian

Cruiserweight Title: Billy Kidman vs. Paul London

Obviously, Haas is on Smackdown, so it's interpromotional. If it's too much trouble to work the IC Title into the match, then forget about the title, but I'd love to see them fight. It's too bad they haven't done anything useful for Haas to make him stand out on SD. When he was at least given a storyline with months of build and a payoff at a PPV, they totally forgot about it. Seriously, other than Puder talking to Jackie on that one SD, I can't remember any mention of it at all.

For Eddie-Rey, just turn Eddie heel and the match can work.

For the World Tag Title match, either team can win the Tag belts from La Rez. It can really work with or without the belts, though. I just want that match.

London vs. Kidman or Funaki would be fine. Just give me a Cruiserweight match and give it some time to be good, as opposed to last year's 10 man match that lasted under 10.

I'd personally be happy with that card as is, but obviously guys like Big Show, Orton, and Booker T are missing among others. I can't think of anything to do with any of them, except have Orton vs. The Rock, which I wouldn't mind seeing, I guess. Everyone is suggesting Booker T & Big Show vs. Bashams for the Tag Titles. Personally, I'm sick of these thrown together teams like this. Yes, the Raw Tag Title match is seemingly thrown together, but they all have history and are former teams. Rather than make such a tag match, why not just have a 20-Man Interpromotional Battle Royal and have Big Show finally get a WM win?

The only thing more boring than a heel Trish is a face Trish. Give Molly a face turn, I think she's earned it, since she got her head shaved for the charity/business last year.

In this nor any no alternate universe can this woman be considered boring.

trish_stratus5.jpg