TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Vigo

Pizza Guy

$2 for a smaller order, 2 or 3 pizzas $3-$5 for a bigger one is pretty much normal. Although on Superbowl Sunday I think you have to tip a tad higher than usual.

It's cold outside man, tip a brotha!

The worst part about not being tipped is when some people in certain poorer neighborhoods ask for the change back. Sure take your 30 cents, I don't know how many pizza guys walk around with a load of change in their pocket because I sure didn't.

The best tip I ever got was like 7 dollars for a 10 dollar order.

One time I delivered to a huge house in a country club with animal skin rugs and I got zero tips. Cheap skates.

And oh yeah, a general reminder for tipping any food service worker: try to do it with cash. In theory, all tips are subject to income tax. If you tip them with a check or credit card payment (like writing a payment over the amount for the food), that tip gets recorded by the company and reported to the government. They're supposed to do the same thing with cash, but since this is an industry where $2.13 an hour is considered a "fair wage", that rarely happens.

It also depends on the night you order. Friday's and Saturday's are big time for ordering pizza delivery, so be sure to tip 'em a little more than you usually would, because they'll take their tips and put it right into their gas tank.

Also, keep in consideration that these people might also be making the pizzas, and where you live. If you live somewhere in the middle of fucking nowhere, get some more money for them.

When I delivered pizza, we'd just keep track of who didn't tip and then charge them a delivery charge next time for not tipping us. Sometimes, if we really felt like assholes we'd hand them a receipt with "$1 delivery charge- NO TIP" on it in big letters.

Here they charge you $2.50 for delivery right off the bat, then they expect a tip as well. I usually toss them a couple toonies.

With what I said earlier about tipping, while I do so, I don't feel obligated. And it's stupid for a pizza man to get a bug up his ass if he doesn't get a tip on every single delivery...sometimes you just can't spare it.

12.jpg

"Who didn't throw in"

"Mr. Pink"

"Why Not?"

"He doesn't Tip"

"Whadda ya mean he don't tip"

"He doesn't believe in i..."

"Shut uuuuuuup"

Honestly, I don't mind tipping, but for those pizza places that charge for delivery, they know damn well that extra charge is going to affect the tip.

They make minimum wage, right?

I used to NEVER tip pizza guys until my cousin delivered for Papa John's for a while and explained why I should. They get something from me everytime now.

No, jack, they don't, unless you mean the $2 and change an hour that tipped workers are given for minimum wage. Tips are supposed to make up for the rest of it.

"It's not the tipping I believe in, it's the overtipping." Vincent Antonelli, "My Blue Heaven."

I don't even mind tipping, till pizza guys post about making non tippers or bad tippers wait longer for their pizza. I'd hate the idea of ordering pizza and tipping out of fear that next time they'll take their time. Fuck those guys.

If they can delivery within the time they give you over the phone then I believe in tipping.

Guest pinnacleofallthingsmanly

I guess I'm a bad tipper to delivery drivers because I don't do it often. One time, a delivery guy got pizzas stolen from him when he was delivering to my house. He left his warmer bag on the top on the roof of his car and some kids grabbbed them. Instead of being honest, he told his boss it was our fault that his pizzas got stolen and his boss called us to yell at us about it. Never ordered from there again. Another time I had a chinese food guy ask me for a tip. I thought that was pretty rude and I told him so. The guy started talking about how he doesn't get paid well and looked like he was about to start crying. I felt bad when I closed the door in his face. Now I only tip if I get my food really fast.

I think the worst tip I ever gave was a $.04 tip to a waiter at Denny's. He was slow and he kept fucking up the orders. I felt bad saying something about it, but the cook decided to be a smartass so the waiter got stiffed on his tip. Actually, I think my friends and I stiffed a waiter on tips another time at Denny's that same summer. Our waiter spent the whole time flirting with some girls at another table he was waiting on. He was up their asses while he ignored us the whole time. The best part was when the girls skipped out on the check. That was poetic justice.

^Damn straight.

Also, I once got stiffed on a tip because the people making the food screwed up the order. They order two steak and cheese subs, and they got roast beef instead. So they stiffed me. I only ended up making $10 in tips that night. Which would be fine if it was 2 or 3 deliveries, but I was out doing deliveries all night (I was usually one of the cooks).

Basically, tip the guy, even if it's a dollar. They deserve it.

I had a delivery on the edge of our delivery area one day, and it was my call weather I wanted to go or not, it had been a slow day, so I went. Got to the guy's house, I knocked on the door for a good minute, there was no answer, so I was going to call him on my cell phone, he opened the door as I was walking away, the order came to 10.99, he gave me 11 bucks, and slammed the door in my face.

People who don't tip at least a dollar deserve whatever they get. These service employees are merrily buttfucked by the restraunts who employ them for next to nothing, and they really do need their tips to survive. The only time I don't tip is when the service has just been spectacularly bad, or those rare times when the waiter is hostile or just disappears after taking your order.

Guest FromBeyondTheGrave

I don't tip. I don't legally have to pay them so I don't.

Deal with that.