TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Vigo

Pizza Guy

I tip based on service and distance from my house.

The Pizza Hut and Papa Johns are a literally a 3 minute drive away so no more than $3 dollars and if they can't make it here in 30min or less the tip goes down (unless it's like Super Bowl Sunday or like a Friday at 6PM or some shit).

And it's stupid for a pizza man to get a bug up his ass if he doesn't get a tip on every single delivery...sometimes you just can't spare it.

I always consider the tip a part of the price of the meal. If you can afford the food but not the tip, then don't get the meal. Just that simple. I used to work for tips, and while I agree that instead of tipping you should get paid a decent wage, that isn't going to happen anytime soon.

I once had to deliver in a brutal snow storm. Since it was practically undrivable everyone ordered for delivery. After skidding all over the road and finally making it to the first house...I didn't even get the change from the person because they said it took too long.

And my reaction to "I don't legally have to pay them so I don't" is...that's why people like you don't get quality service from drivers like me.

You get what you pay for.

I tip well, everywhere. They'll spit in your food if you don't, but that principle works the other way as well.

It sure does.

We know who the good tippers are and we'll fight over that delivery to get it there ASAP.

When I was in college I used to tip 4 bucks every time...and I got my food much much quicker than anyone else in my fraternity did.

Then they figured out why and started ordering under my name and not tipping. Bastards.

In restaurants, I usually tip 20-25% for good service. For pizza deliveries, which I don't get very often, it's usually around 15%. If the order comes to something like $16.xx, I'll just give the fellow a $20 and be done with it.

We know who the good tippers are and we'll fight over that delivery to get it there ASAP.

Oh yeah. My dad used to work part-time for a Domino's in an upper-class little town where a lot of country music stars lived, and plenty of them tended to give a ten or a twenty as a tip. You have not lived until you've seen a bunch of grown men arguing over who gets to drive a pizza to an Oak Ridge Boy's house.

Guest FromBeyondTheGrave
I don't tip. I don't legally have to pay them so I don't.

Deal with that.

If you can afford 10 bucks for a pizza you can pay 1 dollar for a tip, it adds up.

Jerk.

No, I can't. Because I don't legally have to.

Guest CronoT
In restaurants, I usually tip 20-25% for good service. For pizza deliveries, which I don't get very often, it's usually around 15%. If the order comes to something like $16.xx, I'll just give the fellow a $20 and be done with it.

Agreed.

Unless I'm really fucked for money, which is why I didn't drive my poor ass over to get the pizza, :P I'll usually let the person keep the change, up to about $4-$5. After that, forget it.

Also, I'll tip better if the person delivering the pizza is:

A. On time

B. Has good customer service

C. Gets my order right

And, most important,

D. Doesn't stand there acting like he/she deserves a tip.

The one time some idiot had the gall to actually stand there, and hold out his hand, like he was the one who decided whether or not he got a tip, I softly shut the door in his face.

Pizza is typically two bucks. Everything is fairly close, so drivetime isn't really an issue. Plus, my gal and I have odd eating habits, so we end up ordering the pizza at around 9ish, when there's no traffic. I think two bucks is more than fair given our surrounding area being so well populated.

Restaurant tipping, I'm not as generous. After she and I have placed orders and everything, I add up everything in my head, decide what the tip would be if everything goes superbly and start counting down.

The best tip I ever gave was a few weeks ago to a waitress that did everything well. I gave her six bucks on a 28 dollar bill.

The worst was the $0.00 that I intentionally left on the tip line of the credit card bill at a Denny's. The girl was a moron, put in the wrong order for me (I ordered a cheeseburger and I got a chicken sandwich) and ignored us when she walked by our table four times. On the back of the bill, I wrote out tips for her. (1)Put in for what the customer ordered. (2)Do not ignore the customers., etc.etc.

When I order pizza, I always tip. Being a former pizza delivery guy, I always look out for them. Usually I tip $5 no matter what, unless the order is taking FAR too long, or if I don't have enough kale for a good tip.

I tip everywhere, unless someone is really rude. And yes, you should calculate the tip when you order food. You don't have to tip exorbinately, but at least a dollar shows you give a shit. People who don't tip ever are assholes. That's fine if you're cool being an asshole, just realize that you are one.

Guest FromBeyondTheGrave
People who don't tip ever are assholes. That's fine if you're cool being an asshole, just realize that you are one.

I, do.

I tip a dollar or two plus the change for a tip unless the service sucks, in which case it's just the change.

Guest ShootingStylesPress

I go into Little Caesars yesterday to get some wings. I love their wings there. So I go to order them with debit, and of course, they're expensive. On the debit screen it says:

TIP

10% 15% 20% 25%

With the buttons on the bottom for saying which one. Not even an option not to have a tip. So I do 10% because I'm pissed off. Why do they deserve a tip for doing nothing other than hand the wings to me after they do their damn job.

I was pissed off.