TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Secret Agent

The SWF is in your hands now.

X-Net Wrestling and what this means for you~!

Alright, people, I’ve got some news that hopefully you guys will take as good news. I recently signed the SWF up (after MVS asked me to do it) with X-Net Wrestling, which is a decent sized inter-fed promotion type of deal. What basically happens with this is they rate our shows that we submit to them every week. They’ll also allow heads of federations to submit their top five role players, but that doesn’t really apply to us, nor do we have more than 3 people who promo more than once a blue moon ( /rock ), anyway.

What this basically means for us is:

Advertisements for us to hopefully gain more writers to have a bigger, bustling roster, and get our name out there amongst some of the other wider known feds.

We have competition. This right here is what can either put the SWF up as a ‘5 star federation’ or a ‘1 star federation’ and it’s all in the hands of each and every writer for the SWF to decide this. No more do you only have to just compete against whoever your opponent is, but we are competing with our match quality against tons of different federations to gain better ratings. When we were part of the short lived Empire Inter-fed deal we ruled the hell out of every other fed in this department. Our match quality can easily outdo any other federation, but the key here is we need everyone to put forth some effort.

Granting that all goes well, we will be added to their list of federations on Sunday, making Lockdown the first show that we will be rated on. What we seriously need here, and from here on out, is for everyone to give some effort into the SWF. No shows recently have been horrendous – the lack of effort is honestly killing any chance of survival for this Federation and I know I, for one, definitely don’t want this place to die.

Staring in our face is an opportunity here to make the SWF thrive once more. All we have to do is have everyone who is active to give the SWF that quality that each and every person is capable of, all you need to do is sit down and give it. Lets put some angles together, lets get some feuds going, lets get something happening that’s interesting to read. If we can push forward right now and have everyone give us some effort you might just get new people to feud with, do stuff with, and keep this place going strong. From the Fire is coming up, and I would love to see 0 no shows for this, tons of quality, and maybe… just maybe, we can put a start to turning this place around.

Once again, Lockdown starts us off with the ratings, please for everyone not involved with something right now, get something going. Even if it seems lame, or nothing but a short one or two match angle, anything is better than nothing. I know it may seem like I am the last person who should be opening my big mouth, but my lack of doing anything big right now is due to the fact that I have been working hard on getting you guys a functioning website before From the Fire. So no excuse, but that’s why I’ve been rather loose on the participation.

To wind down this rant the place is HERE or www.xnetwrestling.com

They encourage members to come to their forums and participate as well, so if you can do that too it’d be helpful.

Thanks again everybody, I know you guys can pull this off and we can get started on another era of the Smartmarks Wrestling Federation.

-Johnny-

Also, I don’t want anyone to think I’m lambasting everyone over this. I know I probably have no room to speak here about this or what people should do, but I am just trying to help us here.

I know that we do have several people that try hard and put angles and storylines into action and to those I salute you, but what this is more directed to is those not really doing anything but veging, and they know they’re capable of doing so much more.

So apologies if I offended anyone with my rants and raves.

I support what Johnny says 100%. And as your reigning World Champion, that means you do what we say or I beat your arse. That is all.

Hey, I did news updates. Of course, they involved Janus getting sodomized with coral alongside Mel Gibson, but hey, news is news.

Anyways... I was wondering, aren't we more of a board fed, or are we trying to avoid that stigma?

Some nice forums over yonder.

A very popular topic in a lot of forums anyhow,

If anybody knows me, they would know that I am a huge Insane Clown Posse fan. I also enjoy all over Phychopathic records labels

Notorious also said Metallica. I have only heard one song by them which is St. Anger. I absolutely love that sing

A couple of years ago I was a big Limp Bizkit fan. Now i am a smaller fan

Slipknot, Korn and all that sh*t is all good

Yeah, the community leaves a bit to be desired, but we could really use a strong presence there. We're already at a significant disadvantage not being a standard RP fed (nor a standard "angle" fed, but if you have issues with me placing the ad as an angle fed, perhaps it would be best discussed in PMs rather than by crapping on the ad... *coughToxxcough*) and by having to get guys registered to read the TSM forums, and by not having a fully operational website, because the kiddies have issues with "forum feds," and because we require a certain degree of quality that you don't find in all the RP feds, and ....

Hey, I did news updates. Of course, they involved Janus getting sodomized with coral alongside Mel Gibson, but hey, news is news.

Pfft. That was my idea.

Anyways... I was wondering, aren't we more of a board fed, or are we trying to avoid that stigma?

The avoid one. Some people can't see the forest for the trees, and considering that we're attempting to get the website up right now, I think it's best not to saddle ourselves with the "Forum Fed" label.

Yeah, a better approach would be to PM Taamo because now it looks rather foolish. We're already up against foot fetishes, websites, child insults, and a vast array of stupidity that makes Cutthroat seem like a savior of writing. So let's try to stay united and not, though I'm sure it wasn't intentional, make an ass out of each other.

Johnny makes an excellent post. I also do not wish to see this federation die as it holds a place in my heart (aww), so we should all lift our games. Chat could be a very useful place, as we could invite certain people into our abode and try to convert them to our federation. By promoting an excellent community atmosphere within our fed, hopefully we can appeal to some potential writers. This may require getting java chat up again, however, 'cause most people wouldn't download the script. And of course, we'd have to break our elitist chat clique and start being friendly to all. :D

And of course, we'd have to break our elitist chat clique and start being friendly to all.

Where's the fun in that.

The things we do for the federation...

Sorry Taamo. I was trying to clarify what we were, plus subtly 'bumping without bumping'.

Or maybe I was just wrong. Either one.

A few ideas to help polish us up:

1) Commercials. Something that CC should do, though if actives feel compelled they can help out, too. Write some commercials to break up the montony of "Match match match match MUSHROO- I mean, Promo, promo!". Hell, it opens up a bunch of angle opportunities: Guys fighting for endorsements to placate their egos and such, guys trying to be the most advertised guy on the show. Another idea is that we could do it almost as pseudo-ranking. The more motion you are causing in the ocean, the more advertisements you are in. Even if you don't like the ancilliary stuff, it's still good for breaking up shows.

2) "DVDs". We've done it before, but we should make up "DVDs" (Comment threads with a certain series of matches) to advertise and promote our federation. Each DVD could have something like a match history before it so you can understand what it's all about. Make 'em about certain feuds, certain people, certain match types, all sorts. It'd be great to not only have this history coming back, but bragging it and advertising it to others.

3) News show? Sorta like the old news articles I used to do at Empire Feds, but show format. SWF Walkoff or SWF Joker's Wild or something that. Guys submit some weird or funny rumor/newsbit and I'll run with the best ones and make up a story out of it. Post it on their forum sorta as something fun and funny, and make us more active.

Any other ideas that could help us out?

2) "DVDs". We've done it before, but we should make up "DVDs" (Comment threads with a certain series of matches) to advertise and promote our federation. Each DVD could have something like a match history before it so you can understand what it's all about. Make 'em about certain feuds, certain people, certain match types, all sorts. It'd be great to not only have this history coming back, but bragging it and advertising it to others.

Yeah, and then we can make a thread so people can suggest their own matches, and then maybe one other than their own so they don't look like complete egotistical dicks.

Yeah, and then we can make a thread so people can suggest their own matches, and then maybe one other than their own so they don't look like complete egotistical dicks.

Uh... well, I wasn't gonna suggest any of mine. I was thinking maybe "Essential Collections" like Stubby, HVT, Edwin, King, Mark, Comet, and even you. Get the hall of famers out of the way, get in a few notable angles (M7 vs. MC, Flesher/Frost, and others that I really can't remember out of hand), then things like a Hardcore Hell one, maybe a two-part tag one with some Fallen, DVD, J&R (Okay, me once), W&D, Double Jeparody, Stables Titles, etc, to round it out. I think it'd be an awesome archiving project.

Edited by Justice

All good ideas, Judge.

Or rather, they would be if we weren't all lazy bastards. :P

Still, I really like #1 and #2. I'd be willing to pitch in for those.

I'm still going to be doing the monthly SWF News and Notes from Wrestling Panda, so I'll chuck that in.

If we need any off board hosting, for the shows and stuff so we can make anyone read them, just drop me a line and stuff.

That's what I intended. We still have your board from so long ago up and running, so we can use that as an archives.

How about a comment thread?

That's a novel idea.

Bah. It'll never work.

You know, sometimes I think we want to fail...

Guys, from this point forward, can I please ask that no one repost the Blazenwing tooling? You all know my feelings on it, and, surprise surprise, there are other people who feel that way too. It reflects poorly on us, and I'd be just as happy never to see it again.

Two questions.

1) Have we been accepted by Xnet yet?

2) Doesn't Johnny need to complete the site before we can be accepted by Xnet?

At this point, our lack of a roster page is delaying our acceptance. Apparently, Johnny is pleading our case with them, although I'm not at all pleased at their inability to see the forest from the trees.

I'm acting as though we've been accepted on their boards, frankly.

I take it a link to the stats thread won't be good enough for them? Oh, and I'm planning on doing my News and Notes tonight - any idea where I should post it on Xnet?