TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
nogoodnick

NBA trades

The Blazers GM decided that they didn't need to move anyone - of course, now they have a max contract (Randolph) and Miles (6 yrs./48 million) riding the bench, while the trade bait plays on the floor. With FOUR expiring contracts (Rahim, Ratliff, Stoudamire, Van Exel's team option) which account for nearly $48 million and yet they couldn't get any value back.

Having the second-largest team salary in the NBA means that you should probably have a direction with your stars and roleplayers.

EDIT: And yes, the Knicks do know what they're doing. Kinda.

Guest NaturalBornThriller4:20

Until Allan Houston's contract is up, the Knicks will remain in the rebuilding stages.

Until Allan Houston's contract is up, the Knicks will remain in the rebuilding stages.

They've only got two more years of suffering through the meat of the bad contracts. In two years, they've got:

--Houston (final year)

--Shandon Anderson (final)

--Marbury (3 yrs./$60 million)

--K. Thomas (2 yrs./$15 million)

--Crawford (5 yrs./$44 million)

--JYD (final year, team option following year)

--Sweetney (team option)

ALREADY GONE:

Hardaway, Tim Thomas.

With these upcoming picks, providing they sign Ariza, they're set for a bright future.

EDIT: Don't know how Mo Taylor and Rose will factor in.

Guest Failed Mascot

I like seeing Walker come back and not just because he's my binky, but also because...

1.) He takes the leadership role away from Paul Pierce who can't handle it.

2.) He's a good defensive rebounder. He knows how to actually block out other players.

3.) Draws attention away from Pierce and thus makes Pierce a better scorer.

4.) The Wiggle fucking owns

They still need an experienced Point Guard. I hope the deal was Payton AND Blount though.

Guest Failed Mascot

Hawks trade forward Antoine Walker back to the Celtics for Gary Payton, Michael Stewart and Tom Gugliotta.

Damn. That means Blount is still here. Ainge is trading away all our white players. Raef is going to feel all alone in the world in the Celtics locker room.

Hawks trade forward Antoine Walker back to the Celtics for Gary Payton, Michael Stewart and Tom Gugliotta.

How many teams has Yogi Stewart been on the IL for now?

So I think I heard the Knicks get 2 first round picks from the Spurs, + the 1 from Houston. We're the new Boston Celtics with 4 1st Round Picks.

Apparently the celtics also threw in a 1st round draft pick for good will or something.

Ainge has officially lost his mind.

I hope for his sake it's the Cleveland pick that they traded Jiri Welsh for...

Guest Failed Mascot

according to rotoworld the only first rounder the Knicks got was from the Rockets.

Rasho is a better defender, Nazr is a better rebounder, Rasho is a better jump shooter, Nazr gets most of his points on putbacks and stuff like that. Nice little combo for the Spurs.

Guest NaturalBornThriller4:20

ESPN is saying that Payton most likely won't report to the Hawks.

wasn't Peyton going to go there at one point before?

It's not the 1st time a player refused to show up for work in ATL since Jim Jackson decided to sit on the couch for a few weeks before getting sent to PHX.

Guest Failed Mascot
ESPN is saying that Payton most likely won't report to the Hawks.

send them Blount instead then. Payton, Pierce/Ray Allen, Antoine Walker vs Philli's duo of Iverson and Webber would be fun to watch.

Okay, the official count on the Knick picks: They get a 2 1st Round Picks from San Antonio (1 this year, and 1 next year) and a 1st Round Pick from Houston for this year.

Probably. I think we're going to see some big ass trade on draft day. Either way, getting 3 1st round picks for Nazr, Brewer, Baker, and Moochie is good work.

Guest Failed Mascot

(Draft day)

"The Knicks have traded their first round pick for this year, the one aquired from Houston, and the one aquired from San Antonio for next year's draft to Portland for G/F Darius Miles and PG Nick Van Exel"

Yay, back to the Celtics taking 40 3-pointers a game again, and clanging 35 of them.

Too early to call this "The Return of Pitino" yet?

wasn't Peyton going to go there at one point before?

It's not the 1st time a player refused to show up for work in ATL since Jim Jackson decided to sit on the couch for a few weeks before getting sent to PHX.

I HATE CALLING IT "PHX"

They need to get a new airport code then...

Guest Failed Mascot

Celts won with Walker didn't win without him. I don't get the gripe.

If Ainge trades Al Jefferson, Tony Allen, and Delonte West while keeping Perkins and Banks then you can call it the return of Pitino.