TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
nogoodnick

NBA trades

Guest Failed Mascot

"Larry Bird aint walking through that door, Kevin McHale aint walking through that door, Robert Parish aint walking through that door, Antoine Walker aint walking through tha...oh wait a minute."

wasn't Peyton going to go there at one point before?

It's not the 1st time a player refused to show up for work in ATL since Jim Jackson decided to sit on the couch for a few weeks before getting sent to PHX.

I HATE CALLING IT "PHX"

They need to get a new airport code then...

Mad love 4 my ORD Cubs

The Knicks trade has been revised. The Rockets aren't trading a 1st rounder to the Knicks. It's actually the Spurs that trade 2 first rounders. One of them is Phoenix's #1 pick this year and the other is the Spurs.

Seems like a shitty deal to me. Phoenix and the Spurs have the 2 best records in the league, so the Knicks will get the very last two first round picks in the draft. They should have got so much more for agreeing to take on Taylor and Rose's bloated contracts.

Guest pinnacleofallthingsmanly

Way to fuck up the video games guys.

The Knicks front offices has sucked ever since I remember. They had a few bright spots back in the late 90's but they insist on picking up garbage. They don't know how to draft and they don't know how to pay people.

Guest Flyboy
The Knicks trade has been revised. The Rockets aren't trading a 1st rounder to the Knicks.

Yeah, I was like, "Umm... wow, HOU that was an extremely BAD trade" and I wanted Taylor gone in the worst way.

wasn't Peyton going to go there at one point before?

It's not the 1st time a player refused to show up for work in ATL since Jim Jackson decided to sit on the couch for a few weeks before getting sent to PHX.

I HATE CALLING IT "PHX"

They need to get a new airport code then...

Mad love 4 my ORD Cubs

Heh. Still, I'd rather have a short form similar to an airport than to a beef noodle soup...

Houston actually got a pick in the Taylor trade. Just a 2nd, but a pick nontheless. It'll make up for one of the ones we lost to get James.

A productive day for the Rockets. We lost two picks, gained one back (possibly a higher one given what the Knicks look like now), picked up 2 PGs since Sura's out for a couple of weeks (even though one is Moochie Norris and his Chia Pet like afro), picked up a banger PF in Baker, and lost the albatross that is Maurice Taylor's huge contract.

I salute you, Carroll Dawson.

But you got VIN BAKER.

At this point, I'd prefer Baker to Taylor. Anything he could do, Juwon Howard could do better and cheaper. At least Baker could become thug-lite and protect Yao down low. Plus he could play the 5 in a pinch (say, if Yao and Deke's heads fell off).

Guest Failed Mascot
ESPN Revises again: Celitcs DIDN'T give up a first round pick, Atlanta did.

Which makes that trade a lot b etter.

I'm still seeing Atlanta getting a future first round pick.

Guest Failed Mascot

And Peyton may accept a buyout from Atlanta so he could return to the Celts. Awesome.

Wait, these trades weren't salary dumps for next year?

Is Isiah on crack?

there's a working theory that Isiah was sent to NY to sabotage the knicks. really its the only thing that makes sense. Hmm maybe that's why larry bird let him go. or maybe he's trying to help out his old buddy Joe Dumars? B-)

Clearly Isiah Thomas is much smarter than us all, and all these wacky trades are somehow going to make sense in the end and lead to numerous championships for the Knicks. Either that or he's lost his mind.

And have Atlanta done anything but clear salary space in the last 5 years? Someone should tell them they might need to spend some of that money on good players one of these years, not that i imagine free agents are knocking down the door to go to that black hole of basketball.

Man, alot of moves.

Boston Fans are going to be thrilled with the Antoine Walker you are getting back. I have watched every Hawks game this year, and this Walker goes to the basket whenever possible, and doesn't settle for threes, plays great D, and rebounds well. You will be VERY pleased.

And yeah, Atlanta is going to buy out Payton so he can go to another team, leaving them with "DA YOUNGSTAS" + Al Harringon as their new core. The better move would have been moving Harrington but he is younger. Smith and Childress played incredible with the extra time they got when he was on the IL and they play better with Walker. But I understand.

I kinda doubt that Payton would sign back with the Celts though. If they buy him out, he has his choice, as I doubt they are going to just wave him.

To add to this painful series of events, the Cavs backed out on a deal that would have sent Kurt Thomas to Cleveland for Drew Gooden and Ira Newble. That would have been a great trade for NY, as Gooden is only 24, and is already as good, if not better than Kurt Thomas.

Guest Flyboy
But you got VIN BAKER.

At this point, I'd prefer Baker to Taylor. Anything he could do, Juwon Howard could do better and cheaper. At least Baker could become thug-lite and protect Yao down low. Plus he could play the 5 in a pinch (say, if Yao and Deke's heads fell off).

I also like how the Rox made their backcourt better by picking up Mike James -- they have the hardest schedule in the NBA after the All-Star and with Sura being out at least two weeks it really helps our team. I also heard that Rod Strickland was ditched as well.

Man, alot of moves.

Boston Fans are going to be thrilled with the Antoine Walker you are getting back. I have watched every Hawks game this year, and this Walker goes to the basket whenever possible, and doesn't settle for threes, plays great D, and rebounds well. You will be VERY pleased.

I kinda doubt that Payton would sign back with the Celts though. If they buy him out, he has his choice, as I doubt they are going to just wave him.

Good update on the new-and-improved 'Toine, thanks, Ripper ... the only Hawks games I've seen this year have been against the Celtics, and even then I was only paying half attention.

And I think a lot of people are saying Payton would come back to Boston is because he - allegedly - was in talks to sign an extension with the C's.

Guest pinnacleofallthingsmanly

Why trade somebody that you are going to sign back? There should be a rule against that.

Why trade somebody that you are going to sign back?

I'm sure that they had an inkling that he wouldn't report to the Hawks.

...and Payton won't sign with the Celtics. He has his pick of the playoff contenders that he could go to (Minnesota, Dallas, etc.).

EDIT: Ripper -- c'mon, it's "Baby Al" for a reason. He's only 25 years of age.

Guest MikeSC
Man, alot of moves.

And yeah, Atlanta is going to buy out Payton so he can go to another team, leaving them with "DA YOUNGSTAS" + Al Harringon as their new core. The better move would have been moving Harrington but he is younger. Smith and Childress played incredible with the extra time they got when he was on the IL and they play better with Walker. But I understand.

Will AOL/T-W just sell the Hawks back to Turner?

They might not have been spectacular, but man, they tended to be pretty decent in those years.

So, Ripper, do you think the Dominique/Manning trade might be the worst in history? It did a nice job of absolutely killing the franchise.

-=Mike

Man, alot of moves.

Boston Fans are going to be thrilled with the Antoine Walker you are getting back.  I have watched every Hawks game this year, and this Walker goes to the basket whenever possible, and doesn't settle for threes, plays great D, and rebounds well.  You will be VERY pleased. 

And yeah, Atlanta is going to buy out Payton so he can go to another team, leaving them with "DA YOUNGSTAS" + Al Harringon as their new core.  The better move would have been moving Harrington but he is younger.  Smith and Childress played incredible with the extra time they got when he was on the IL and they play better with Walker.  But I understand. 

I kinda doubt that Payton would sign back with the Celts though.  If they buy him out, he has his choice, as I doubt they are going to just wave him.

Will AOL/T-W just sell the Hawks back to Turner?

They might not have been spectacular, but man, they tended to be pretty decent in those years.

So, Ripper, do you think the Dominique/Manning trade might be the worst in history? It did a nice job of absolutely killing the franchise.

-=Mike

AOL/TW sold the team last year. They have a new owner. And I doubt they felt they had any chace resigning walker so they got another draft pick out of it since they couldn't pry anyones young players using him.

And yeah, that was indeed the worst trade in history. I dare someone to find another team with the number one record in the league trading away there leader for a often injured, not in the same league ass player at the allstar break. Everyone...i mean EVERYONE in atlanta just walked around with their jaws dropped after that one.

EDIT: Ripper -- c'mon, it's "Baby Al" for a reason. He's only 25 years of age.

I know, but I have this feeling that Josh Smith AND Josh Childress are going to be better players than him. Josh Smith has the ability to put up 18 and 10 and 3 a night and he can't even dribble a basketball yet. Childress looks great whenever Al isn't on the court. Basically, they have 2 rookies that are the future of the franchise and another 25 year old that is playing that position. With him there you have to move one of them to the bench, because Al can't play the 4 spot. I undestand why not to move him, but they should have.

Guest MikeSC

The problem is, though, that Josh Smith et al will leave ATL the moment they have the chance to do so.

The ownership is horrible and Atlanta's sports fans aren't the most fervently supportive of anything.

-=Mike

Guest MikeSC
So which youth movement is better the "Baby Bulls" or "DA YOUNGSTAS" Hawks?

The Bulls. They have a shot at keeping their youngstas.

-=Mike

Guest Flyboy

That isn't even a legit question because the Bulls have the most potential out of all of them. I just don't see Josh Childress being a great player at all.