TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MDH257

Mike & The 'Bots are back...

Satellite News has the news:

For the first time since 1999, Mike Nelson, Tom Servo and Crow T. Robot will make a new appearance on television, riffing the March 14th episode of ESPN Classic's Cheap Seats with Randy and Jason Sklar. The episode will air at 10 p.m. Eastern Time.

:)

*Does happy dance*

'Bout time they got a new season going, I was getting sick of watching the Superstars and Paul Garvey's celebrity fishing episodes every damn week.

Plus, since they have a season under their belt already, the show should be even better. Maybe they should get Mike on board as a writer.

Wish it was Joel & the bots, but I'll take what I can get!

Satellite News has the news:

For the first time since 1999, Mike Nelson, Tom Servo and Crow T. Robot will make a new appearance on television, riffing the March 14th episode of ESPN Classic's Cheap Seats with Randy and Jason Sklar. The episode will air at 10 p.m. Eastern Time.

:)

Oh god, I hope I have ESPN Classic.

Guest OSIcon

Is it just going to be Mike, Tom Servo, and Crow or are the two guys that normally host Cheap Seats going to be with them?

Those guys might be two of the most unfunny people I've ever seen. If it is just Mike and the Bots, then great.

Guest Salacious Crumb

Actually I think a couple of them used to do local wrestling commentary before they started the KTMA days.

Man, ESPN just doesn't even TRY to be about sports anymore.

I'm actually going to pass on this, since it's the MUCH inferior "Mike and the Bots", rather than you god and mine, Joel.

If it ain't Joel, it ain't worth my time.

Guest Salacious Crumb

I wonder which Crow will be making the appearance. I doubt it would be Trace but it would be awesome if he showed up for it.

Man, ESPN just doesn't even TRY to be about sports anymore.

I'm actually going to pass on this, since it's the MUCH inferior "Mike and the Bots", rather than you god and mine, Joel.

If it ain't Joel, it ain't worth my time.

1. They get a free pass on this.

2. Oh, shut up. It's Tom and Crow. Who cares

3. Oh, shut up.

Oh, how this makes me long for a new MST series.

...either new movies...or they could make it animated, and have them riff old cartoons.

*Pictures them with Transformers: The Movie*

I have heard that they are thinking of releasing DVDs of terrible B to Z grade movies, where the commentary track is Mike, Bill, and Kevin riffing on the films. It won't be exactly like Mystery Science Theater 3000, but this maybe the closest we get.

This is just AWESOME news. I love Cheap Seats. I LOVE MST3K. This will be something I just have to tape so I can save it and watch it again and again. I am so happy that Mike and the Bots are coming back, even if it's just for one night only. MST3K is my all-time favorite T.V. show, so I can't miss this. This is going to be one hilarious episode, I'm certain of it. This might be the best Cheap Seats episode ever!

I hope that this will be a hour long, or maybe they can stretch it to two hours. I'd be very disappointed if this is just a half-hour episode.

Oh man, this is like an early birthday gift.

If there is a just God, this will get huge ratings and the guys'll become a frequent thing on the show.

Man, I wish they would make some direct-to-DVD shows.

I have heard that they are thinking of releasing DVDs of terrible B to Z grade movies, where the commentary track is Mike, Bill, and Kevin riffing on the films. It won't be exactly like Mystery Science Theater 3000, but this maybe the closest we get.

I've got the Mike Nelson autographed Carnival of Souls DVD and Mike is hilarious doing the commentary. If you add on Kevin and Bill then life would be perfect. They should just be the alternate commentary track on every DVD the company releases.

And if they have a special autographed edition for sale, I'd buy it.

...either new movies...or they could make it animated, and have them riff old cartoons.

"Wait a second...cartoon characters aren't supposed to DIE!"

"Should've went to Jiffy Lube or something."

Crow: "Jiffy Lube may sound great when said out loud, but I've found out firsthand that they're strictly buisness. Now Pep Boys- they'll give you the ride of a lifetime."

"Wait a second...cartoon characters aren't supposed to DIE!"

"Should've went to Jiffy Lube or something."

><Galvatron>Corination, Starscream? This is bad comedy!

<Mike>Oh, like Pauly Shore?

Randy and Jason aren't that bad, but the little skits they do sometimes are just not funny (the erotic cake maker that wants to break the gender barrier of a mini golf course, for one).

It also depends on what they riff. Celebrity hosted events, Wide World of Sports and spelling bees are always comedy gold (because of the cheese factor), but doing a single game for the whole show (Stanford-Cal, Gretzky's first game in Edmonton) never really works.

Guest Evolution

On the subject of commentary on DVDs that haven't gotten the MST treatment, does anyone else own the Anniversary Edition of Reefer Madness with Mike Nelson on commentary? It's pretty good stuff, not to mention it's Reefer Madness.