TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CBright7831

Don't some of you wish...

Eh, i'm in high school now and i think its totally rockin'. My teahcers are cool, people know me (although i'm not popular) and its a pretty cool atmosphere. I still have 2 years left after this year is over too.

Although 1999 wasn't too long ago, I feel so removed from High School. I really doubt I could handle going back for any extended period of time. I'll probably go to the 10 year reunion when it comes up, if by then I've actually done stuff with my life worth talking about, but I wouldn't expect more from the night than nostalga. I still keep in touch with those I want to and we talk about the good old days on occassion. I do find it somewhat strange that I randomly see people who had an influence on me during High School (administration, teachers, other students) and I walk right past them without saying a word.

Guest pinnacleofallthingsmanly

I'm at the point where I can reminisce about old times, but I'm much happier thinking about my future.

Do I wish I was back? Hell no! Highscholl is not, and I repeat, not, the "best years of your life". Sure, it makes you tougher, and exposes you to the real world, but it still sucks.

I hate it there. Really, REALLY hate it there. The administration are all morons, as are the students and most of the people here are just the worst sort of horrible assholes, save a very few, and I want nothing to do with them now or any time after high school

Your 21st birthday isn't that big of a deal, since like Brian said, those who take it seriously enough have long since found a way to get wasted every weekend. Still, being legally able to buy booze can change people. I've got a friend who turned 21 in late January. He was never a big drinker, mostly just a social drinker. Now it seems that everytime we go out to eat or something like that, he's gotta have a few drinks. He mostly drinks beer, so it's not a big deal, but it's still annoying to see him suddenly be this self-proclaimed big drinker when it wasn't a big deal three months ago.

High school sucked balls. The only thing you miss is your friends, and in college, you can still keep in touch and make new friends.

College > high school.

Damn, it's been a year (on May 21) since i graduated.

And look at what I've become in a year worth of time.

Nothing.

Although I did go to the high school graduation for the class of 2005, because I got invited.

Not really.

I had my ten year reunion a couple of weeks ago, where about 300 people showed up (it was a huge school).

I believe that only ten people actually bothered to say hi to me. I also got a couple of nasty looks from former classmates for whatever reason. Someone didn't get the memo that high school ended for us in 1995.

-Ben

Using KKK's scale, I was a 3 for most of my high school years. I was "that guy". The nice guy. I was nice even to people I couldn't stand.

I probably worked my way up to a four by the end of high school. Started hanging out with the stoners and whatever. But these guys are still my friends two years later.

Do I miss it? Yeah. I miss actually waking up and having a day (albeit shitty) ahead of me. I miss the routine of it all, and the field trips where you go see "Of Mice and Men" performed at a theater downtow, and then have the whole crowd mark out when Candy calls Curly's wife a whore.

Would I go back, remembering what every single detail was like? No. Things would still make no sense to me, and would drive me up the wall. The preachiness of the faculty. The one or two cool teachers who knew they were cool and were actually stuck up about it. Being told I was hanging out with "the wrong crowd" by the football coach who taught my World History class. Having only pep rallies for the football team whilst every other sport in the school was good bordering on great. Plus, a lot of other kids just sucked at life...I wouldn't want to witness that again.

Guest Fire and Knives

I don't see any major difference between high school and college aside from the amount of alcohol consumed.

Most people think that their high school years are the best years of their lives because they never mature beyond whatever infantile nonsense happens to them their senior year.

Guest gameplayer

the only part of my high school years i would like back are the health and energy that naturally come from being a healthy 17 year old. otherwise, i would not sacrifice the wisdom that has come with age and expierence for the wild oats sewn back then.

I can relive my high school years by banging high school girls. Except I only got laid by older girls back then. But that's still not going to stop me from casting aside all the old beat up 21-24 year olds and jumping back to the 17-19 bracket when me and my friends purchase our house of sin.

Mr. Stud.

Anyway my high school peers were once completely reviled by me until very recently when I've started to get back in touch with my old friends that I swore I would never get back in touch with. I actually miss them and wish I had been closer to them when I had the chance.

Jaxl is completely and utterly full of shit, and I know I'm not the only one who thinks so.

With High School, I switched schools in the middle of it, so it was hard to meet people all over again, especially with the amount of snobs in my second school.

So I wouldn't go back, but would have liked to have a better experience with it.

Using KKK's scale, I was a 3 for most of my high school years.  I was "that guy".  The nice guy.  I was nice even to people I couldn't stand.

I probably worked my way up to a four by the end of high school.  Started hanging out with the stoners and whatever.  But these guys are still my friends two years later.

Do I miss it?  Yeah.  I miss actually waking up and having a day (albeit shitty) ahead of me.  I miss the routine of it all, and the field trips where you go see "Of Mice and Men" performed at a theater downtow, and then have the whole crowd mark out when Candy calls Curly's wife a whore.

Would I go back, remembering what every single detail was like?  No.  Things would still make no sense to me, and would drive me up the wall. The preachiness of the faculty.  The one or two cool teachers who knew they were cool and were actually stuck up about it.  Being told I was hanging out with "the wrong crowd" by the football coach who taught my World History class.  Having only pep rallies for the football team whilst every other sport in the school was good bordering on great.  Plus, a lot of other kids just sucked at life...I wouldn't want to witness that again.

Yeah, I was friends with just about everyone. There was the occassional faggot who everyone (including myself) hated, but for the most part, I liked everyone and wouldn't distance myself from anyone whether it be preps, stoners, normals, or goths. On a scale from one to five, I guess I would rate myself as a four as far as being well known and popular. Perhaps even a five.

:)

Then again, maybe it's just my ego telling me that I was important and well known and well liked at my high school, when I really wasn't, and hardly anyone cared about me.

:huh:

Edited by CBright7831

Anyone who yearns for the days of high school and considers it to be the best time of their life is a sad person.  That's fine if you had fun in high school, but you're really not saying much for yourself if you've experienced the best time of your life before you hit 19.

Everyone knows the best time of your life is your 21st b-day. *looks at calendar* July 26th......so far away......

Anyways I've been out for 3 years and I don't miss it at all. If I did miss something from it then maybe it'd be the lack of any real responsibility.

Not for everyone. My 21st bday entailed my dad buying me the ric flair dvd at best buy, then going to kfc for some chicken and later having cake while watching the dvd and then going to sleep. Then again I don't drink so there you go.

anyhow I sometimes miss HS. I guess cuz it was simpler times then and all I had to do was go to school, then come home and chill, do a little HW. Have fun. Plus I had a few cool friends. My best friend from HS and I still hang out, but he's the only one I still communicate with.

Yeah, I was friends with just about everyone. There was the occassional faggot who everyone (including myself) hated, but for the most part, I liked everyone and wouldn't distance myself from anyone whether it be preps, stoners, normals, or goths. On a scale from one to five, I guess I would rate myself as a four as far as being well known and populat. Perhaps even a five.

Yeah, fuck faggots.

Yeah, I was friends with just about everyone. There was the occassional faggot who everyone (including myself) hated, but for the most part, I liked everyone and wouldn't distance myself from anyone whether it be preps, stoners, normals, or goths. On a scale from one to five, I guess I would rate myself as a four as far as being well known and populat. Perhaps even a five.

Yeah, fuck faggots.

Beat me to it.

High school was okay, better than junior high, but you quickly realize how pointless the whole thing is. It'll be eight years next month since I graduated and I can count about two people that I wish I had stayed in touch with. Personally I wish I as back in kindergarten. Naps and all the paste you can eat. Can't beat that.

Yeah, remember how everything seemed so simple in kindergarten (actually at the time, a lot of the stuff seemed like a bitch)? You thought, "Hey, I can do this for 12 more years." You never took your teacher's threats of everything that first grade involved to heart. Writing AND going to school for seven hours a day? Get the fuck out of here.

The only thing I miss about High School is the fact that I was able to use it as an excuse for wasting my life. I'm done with College for the year, but even when I wasn't in class or at work, I was mostly just sitting around thinking up get rich quick schemes or what have you (I was only 4 numbers away from the Powerball! I'm getting closer!) It's even worse now that I'm not in school anymore. My non-work days just go by without incident, and now a year later, I have nothing to really to say I did with the time. My problem with High School was not the classes, it was the people. I was clearly smarter and wiser then 90% of everyone else in the school. One of my favorite teachers even wrote in my yearbook that I had figured out things that most people don't understand untill they're well into their 40's. I can't even say I miss my friends, because I didn't keep close company in school. I had aquaintences sure, but I never was able to meet anyone in school that I was really able to connect with. I was just one of those guys I guess that was impossible not to like, and just existed in the background. I'll probobly attend my 10 year reunion, just to get a laugh at all the prom queens that ended up becoming white trash. Although It's becoming painfully more clear to me as every day goes that I'm probably still going to be working at the movie theater in 2014.

I often wish I was part of my high school again. In our senior year, our baseball team made it to the finals of the entire state. Around our parts, that was a big deal. First time ANY team from our school made it to a state final. People talk about that team anytime South Side (my school) sniffs the state playoffs. Hell, since I was a senior that year, we were honored by having our names put out on the fence in the left center part of the wall. It's pretty fucking cool to me that my name is on there. I was a part of history at our school. I really do miss it sometimes.

I often wish I was part of my high school again.  In our senior year, our baseball team made it to the finals of the entire state.  Around our parts, that was a big deal.  First time ANY team from our school made it to a state final.  People talk about that team anytime South Side (my school) sniffs the state playoffs.  Hell, since I was a senior that year, we were honored by having our names put out on the fence in the left center part of the wall.  It's pretty fucking cool to me that my name is on there.  I was a part of history at our school.  I really do miss it sometimes.

Yea the same thing happened with my school's football team my junior year. They had sucked for so long and suddenly stormed (with some great players including USC alumn and all time USC receiving leader-hey I got to pimp an old friend- and current Carolina Panther Keary Colbert) to take league and made it to the CIF state semifinals where they barely lost in a great game that I attended at our school. Lots of fun as we all finally had some pride in our school. The next year they made it to the playoffs again and lost to the same team that beat us the year prior.

Edited by Jericholic82