TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Chuck Woolery

X-Net Icon

Finalist #1: "Kennedy"

Finalist #2: "Ethan Andrews"

Finalist #3: "Princess Natsuki"

People, these are the three finalists so far in X-Nect Icon. Read the RPs. Do you really think you can't beat them? I'm encouraging everyone to at least enter, and if you do enter we'll notice and push you a little bit. If you become one of the fourteen finalists, we may even give you a cookie.

Also, there's a shot at the title of your choice if you can win the whole competition. Hey, we're going to win anyway, may as well sweeten the deal, right? Knock 'em dead, kids, and if you're looking for RP help or anything, Tom and I will be glad to help, and I'm sure any of our other marvelous retirees (King, Mark, Edwin, Z, Kibs) will be glad to help as well.

Knock 'em fucking dead, guys.

- Mike.

I feel so very sad that I killed my character off with an aborted plotline. I could RP the fuck out of these guys.

KORGATH IS IN!

For those of you who don't know, Dominic Korgath wrote for us for a while and was unfortunately unable to keep up with our schedule despite being a very talented writer. He recently made a brief comeback and tagged with Max King.

I'm really pleased to see this. Korgath, if you're reading, congratulations!

Guest Korgath

How awful is it that after travelling through three efeds as a 350lbs monster, my first big break is as a valet?

:bonk:

But thanks for all the :wub: guys. You gave me my start and I'm going to run with this opportunity as far as I can.

It's funny seeing Outcast in an RP competition thread. Hi.

What's funny is, I remember way back in the day we tried to another PR competition, even had Neilsen and Cyclone Comet turn in RPs. Of course, the then IGNWF got screwed over, and then we didn't try RP'ing for a while. So there was a whole thread where everyone ripped the fuck out of the old process.

I'm getting old.

And also, I'd RP if I didn't suck at it and couldn't write more than 1.5k.

But, we easily have the talent to defeat these pricks.

I remember when I was in one of Outcast's RP feds for two weeks. Weird experience. Tear it up, guys. They seem to be looking for originality and a sense of purpose, which I think just about everyone here has.

His title does say "Amateur". However, I think they like a bit more dialoge like in a conversation between Toxxic and Jet, or Pretzler perhaps.

I'll have mine up as soon as my match is done.

If you get rejected, Toxxic, you've got feedback to work with and resubmit. He clearly likes your writing per se, which is a plus. If you keep the standard but write something more tailored to the audience, you've got a good chance.

Yeah, but like Johnny said, if that involves script-style and masses of dialogue then fuck it. Unless I'm doing one of my tedious-but-necessary ring promos, this is how I prefer to write.

We shall see.

There's absolutely no requirement that it be cretin-writing... I mean, scriptstyle. I think they've accepted storystylers already.

*shows off DA GUNS~!*

I doubt Toxx'll do a second attempt (although if he does and adds in some more talkage, he'll be in like a shot methinks), so I guess I'll be representin'. So long as I get another 'yes' vote that is.

So after looking at the X-Net Icon boards for a while, it's become fairly obvious that...

1) The judges are going to play favorites, and...

2) The voters are also going to play favorites.

As such, it's up to us to play the numbers card. Assuming Landon (or any other entrants) make it to the next round, everybody needs to vote to make sure that we go as far as possible. Like I've said before, I know we're the best, and I don't want to see us fucked over because fellows like this have bigger fanbases.

Also, my entry will be up sometime this week. Johnny mentioned entering, and anybody else who wants to enter should at least give it a shot, as a lot of these guys (even the finalists) flat fucking suck.

Oh, I'm going in again. What, you think I'd let you be better than me at something Landon? :P

Nah. You can win for all I care, but I'm buggered if a guy like Sugar Shane Fucking Perry gets in before me.

Guest Korgath

(WARNING: Possibly flame-y. Not necessarily true. Read at your own risk.)

You guys really need to step off your pedestal sometime. All this talk about how SWF wrestlers are the best seems to be getting to the egos of some of you.

Why the heck do you want to win this thing? What have you guys got to prove to anyone? Sure, the SWF is unique in its concept and pretty darn talented all round (marks out over the spiffy new website), but you seem to have trouble accepting rejection from an outside source. Sure it's biased, sure it's skewed, but heck, if you go in there EXPECTING to win it from the onset just because all the other contestants "suck", then it's the goddamn wrong attitude.

Please remember the nature of the competition. Being one of the 14 finalists isn't good enough. The competition is about versatility, not just about technical skill. The judges have been fair in some places and subjective in others... but if you're going to be so arrogant as to assume that what ever you put up is tons better than some of the finalists, then you've got a reality check coming head on.

That being said, it's exciting to see the SWF being represented.

Or a gun.

Well, I just want to say that I think it's kind of retarded of them to have only one spot left with over a week left to try-out.

But, at least someone finally judged Toxxic's second try (And hopefully, like in two days, I'll get one person to judge mine).

And just to fuel some of what Korgath said, it's kind of funny that a lot of these people come from RP-based feds, while we've got people that might not promo for months at a time, yet we've usually got better quality stuff than they do.

The problem with these RP based fed competitors is that they've been consistently reinforced by their fedheads that they are, indeed, good great etc. and probably haven't improved in quite some time. In fact, many of the SWF people have a much better grasp of technical writing than those who are being judged and deemed "worthy" of the final 14. I only saw one who I'd even consider letting into my fed, for example, of the final fourteen. You're right, though; you have to approach this acting humble and thinking that you've got a lot of ground to make up, due to the sheer fact that they're picking people who they know. Your burden is to be so outstanding that you push your way into that final group.

The problem with these RP based fed competitors is that they've been consistently reinforced by their fedheads that they are, indeed, good great etc. and probably haven't improved in quite some time. In fact, many of the SWF people have a much better grasp of technical writing than those who are being judged and deemed "worthy" of the final 14. I only saw one who I'd even consider letting into my fed, for example, of the final fourteen. You're right, though; you have to approach this acting humble and thinking that you've got a lot of ground to make up, due to the sheer fact that they're picking people who they know. Your burden is to be so outstanding that you push your way into that final group.

True, but like I said, that's kind of hard since they've picked 13 out of the 14 already. So unless they decide to review some of their picks, we might be lucky to get one person in, which sucks, since both Toxx and Landon wrote good RPs.

They have said that they'll review the selection process if they get more than 14 in, as 'the people' will decide nd it'll be decided by majority vote. Which means that if I even get in we'd all better throw our weight behind Landon (since he got in first try) to make sure that a split vote doesn't mean both me and him go out.

As for Korgath's remark - well, whether or not we write in a way that these judges like, at least you, me, Drea and Landon have a basic grasp of grammar which is more than most of these 13 year-old retards.